Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

I can not believe what is happening at Villa.

In defence we have:

- No RB at all

- One LB, no cover

- Only two GKs, and the only half decent one is injured for a month at least. We have no third choice keeper.

- 4 CBs, including one of whom is excellent but incredibly injury prone, one who is an inexperienced kid, and another who is on the downward slope of his career

... and we're selling Liam Ridgewell to our vile local neighbours.

What the FUCK is going on?

Fucking hell, look at the mess here and imagine how bad it must be on the Villa boards! Amazed you haven't got more players in tbh, don't know much about M O'Ns past transfer record tbf though.

Guest toontoon

I can not believe what is happening at Villa.

In defence we have:

- No RB at all

- One LB, no cover

- Only two GKs, and the only half decent one is injured for a month at least. We have no third choice keeper.

- 4 CBs, including one of whom is excellent but incredibly injury prone, one who is an inexperienced kid, and another who is on the downward slope of his career

... and we're selling Liam Ridgewell to our vile local neighbours.

What the f*** is going on?

according to sky sports.com your signing Brede Hangeland.

Fucking hell, look at the mess here and imagine how bad it must be on the Villa boards! Amazed you haven't got more players in tbh, don't know much about M O'Ns past transfer record tbf though.

According to Celtic supporters, he was like this every single window with them - having them in kittens until the last minute, then doing all his business then.

One said to expect Sky to have a helicopter covering the procession of agents cars to VP on the last day of the window ;)

according to sky sports.com your signing Brede Hangeland.

Good, now we'll have Jaaskelainen, a RB and a right side midfielder, too please.

Some rumours out of the blue linking us with Delaney, brum - thoughts?

I know he's had injuries by the bucketload, but is he any good when he's fit?

Strange, could have sworn I replied to this but it has disappeared.

Delaney is an excellent player, but he will almost certainly never play again. Note that I've been banging on about not having a single RB at the club, despite the fact Delaney is a RB - this is because he will almost certianly never play consistently again.

Is on a month to month contract until he proves his fitness, but even if he gets fit, I'd be amazed if you got, say, 10 games out of him on a two year contract.

Delaney is an excellent player, but he will almost certainly never play again. Note that I've been banging on about not having a single RB at the club, despite the fact Delaney is a RB - this is because he will almost certianly never play consistently again.

Is on a month to month contract until he proves his fitness, but even if he gets fit, I'd be amazed if you got, say, 10 games out of him on a two year contract.

Sorry, I shifted it in to the Delaney thread in case you missed it. :blush:

Sorry, I shifted it in to the Delaney thread in case you missed it. :blush:

Haha :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

p.s. I'm not sure I've heard of a single player they've signed this summer :lol:

don't worry, neither has Allardyce.

I'm gutted that we can't sign anyone due to lack of european football...

Got to say Sven' ad the Thai are doing a terrific job, some excellent signings there, thought they were screwed only a couple of weeks ago but I'll be shocked if they don't finish in a European spot by the end of the season.

Well, thats not much of a qualification. I'd prefer a cornerflag to Dickov.

I think you should be asking yourself, will he be better than last seasons signings.. and the season before that and so on... and come to the conclusion you should be delighted.

Well, the question I am asking myself is, will he be better than anyone else we could get for the same money? I mean, Marlon Harewood would have been better than Corradi and Dickov, but I'd have been fucking fuming if we'd have bought him.

Well, the question I am asking myself is, will he be better than anyone else we could get for the same money? I mean, Marlon Harewood would have been better than Corradi and Dickov, but I'd have been f****** fuming if we'd have bought him.

In perspective though :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

Heard Tevez will sign for Man Utd tomorrow West Ham will get 2 million

Dyer will be announced as West Ham player tomorrow

you heard from?

Heard Tevez will sign for Man Utd tomorrow West Ham will get 2 million

Dyer will be announced as West Ham player tomorrow

you heard from?

Another forum would be my guess. No offence to the fella but I am guessing he is as ITK as I am anorexic!