Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Andy Cole has left Pompey. That's not very outstanding.

I wonder where he ends up next?

Should go for a lower Championship club, they might want to keep him longer than 6 months.

Should go for a lower Championship club, they might want to keep him longer than 6 months.

I will take a punt at West Brom.

He needs to go lower than that. They've already got Harton & Philips, no more aging strikers for them, i was thinking Scunthorpe, Bristol City or Plymouth, make a real difference and not be spat out and moved on. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

He needs to go lower than that. They've already got Harton & Philips, no more aging strikers for them, i was thinking Scunthorpe, Bristol City or Plymouth, make a real difference and not be spat out and moved on. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

We bought him off Bristol City so he may make a surprise move back there, they've just bought Lee Trundle who would work well with Cole.

We bought him off Bristol City so he may make a surprise move back there, they've just bought Lee Trundle who would work well with Cole.

Was thinking Plymouth for location, Scunny as they've just lost Sharp, no idea why i picked Bristol City, must of been floating around in the back of my head.  O0

Nice place to live apparently, would do well to go back, am sure they'd be well chuffed.

Guest firetotheworks

Keane is desperate, he will probably go for Cole.

Yorke and Cole re-united :D

I definately wouldnt bet against it.

Birmingham pull out of deal to sign Ghaly.

Grumbling Ghaly run out of City by Bruce

By NEIL MOXEY

Hossam Ghaly was kicked out of Birmingham City by a fuming Steve Bruce yesterday — after moaning about doing too much running.

The Egyptian, who had been at the club only four days with his £3million move from Tottenham still not finally sealed, complained about the training exercises he was being asked to do by manager Bruce.

After being told in no uncertain terms that he should join in with the rest of the squad during the morning session, he was ordered back for another dose of the same after lunch.

But he decided he did not want to be put through his paces again and Bruce blew his top. He ordered Ghaly out of the training ground — along with his agent — and told them in no uncertain terms that his move was off.

It could turn out to be an expensive mistake for the midfielder as he has blown a three-year deal worth £30,000 a week at St Andrew's.

A source said: 'Ghaly told the manager that they didn't do as much running at Spurs as he had been doing this week at Birmingham. The manager was not very happy at all and asked if he meant Spurs' reserves? When Ghaly then voiced his dissatisfaction at a double session after lunch, it was the final straw.'

<snip>

:laugh:

ssn real offer 27 million for ballack and robben

They're worth more than that, surely?

I don't know, its tempting.

Ballack came for free and hasn't really done anything, and Robben has been injured and out of form apart from his debut season.

£27m is tempting.

If Chelsea lose Ballack and Robben they'll be a better team for it, Robben hardly plays anyway and Ballack doesn't fit into their system.

If Chelsea lose Ballack and Robben they are f*****.  Hmm, Michael Ballack or Steve Sidwell.. tough choice.

Ballack has contributed nothing to Chelsea. Sidwell doesn't have the same talent but he'll probably suit their football better and he'll certainly work a lot harder.

Robben was great in his debut season but hasn't reached that standard since. I think they are better off with Malouda

Guest Magpiecn

Ballack is different from Robben .Last season is just the first year for Ballack to come here.May be he will adapt to the EPL after one year.

I'd snap their hands off.

Ballack has been piss poor for Chelsea and Robben, although talented, is injury prone and inconsistant.

Jose would need someone lined up but he'd be getting a great deal there IMO.