Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Guest trotter58

Cacapa? Lyon captain for 5 years? champion league year on year? thought so.

Geremi? 5 years YOUNGER than your good friend Campo, Robben must be s*** then.

David Rozehnal? Czech International.

Joey Barton? English international, unlike your good friend Nolan who can't even get a cap playing his best.

Your not the sharpest tool in the box are you?

Joey Barton? Remind me again how many caps this 'English international' has.

1 more than Nolan...

And the same number as Gavin McCann, that other 'English international'.

I thought Samaras was very good against us at VP last year.

Mind you, we were so shit that night, we made you look like Brazil 1970

We were awesome that night. Best performance of the season. Never mind looking like Brazil 1970, I think we could have beaten them on that form.  :laugh:

Boro have had a bid for Samaras rejected according to The Mirror. :lol:

a) Why the hell did Sven reject any sort of bid for him.

b) Hahaha at the standard of Boro targets.

Can only imagine that this bid was either (a) Fictional, or (b), Far too low.

2nd point, I don't think Samaras is that bad. The lad has some ability, but he's a shadow of the player he was when he first arrived. No confidence, no service, played out of position, crowd on his back...etc. Bit of a Hugo Viana. I hope Sven sticks by him, I think there is a good player in there somewhere. I'd rather he stayed than Corradi or Dickov.

Unlike Hugo he's got the physique to handle the EPL.

He could come good, unless you got your money back i'd keep him. He's only about 23 isn't he? Plenty of time left to get a decent player out of him, as i think when he peaks he could be a right force in the right hands.

Remember seeing a replay of one of his first games a little while back (Charlton 3-2), he was charging around like a bull, absolutely mental. Couldn't belive it was the same guy who spent most of last season mincing around like a complete woofter. Got a bit of a Heskey complex I think...doesn't realise how big he is. Mentally shrunk about 6 inches after Liam Ridgwell kicked him in the back. I hope we can get him playing again - but I'm not particuarly confident. Don't think he wants it enough. Still, he's got more ability in his toenails than Dickov and Corradi have between them. I live in hope.

He's 22 btw.

He certainly has a talent, the right manager could easily unlock it. You got Grip on board didn't you? He'll do him good if so.

22 is no age, plenty of time for him to come good, i'm sure he will, very impressive when he arrived, his talent hasn't gone, just hidden, i didn't know why, but if he has taken a dint in his confidence, then if can effect a certain type of person drastically, on the same note a slight boost can get them back on track.

Apparently Craig Gordon is spending a couple of days training with the Mackems followed by the same at Villa. What's the talk on Villa forums Brummie? I would imagine you must be quite confident he will choose you.

Talk is that although that kind of money is a bit mad, we desperately need a goalkeeper, so we'll take him.

I'd be confident he'd choose us, but there is one factor which concerns me. Sorenson (despite being shit) is an international goalkeeper. Although Gordon, at that price, would go straight in the team, he'd nonetheless have an int'l keeper competing with him. At Sunderland he'd be up against a couple of no-name mooks.

MON is playing his transfer cards so close to his chest, though, that nobody really knows what is going on. I can't believe we're so close to the start of the season with next to nobody in.

The money is there - you don't spaff 4m on a fourth choice striker if it isn't - but he's always been very guarded in the transfer market.

He said at the end of last week that he hadn't had a knockback from any of his main targets, which amazes me, as I thought Defoe and SWP would definitely have been two of them.

It is frustrating, though. I think that by the weekend we'll have signed at least one of Gordon, Bosingwa and Curtis Davies, and possibly all of them. But the chance that we'll sign none of them is a bit worrying.

Apparently Craig Gordon is spending a couple of days training with the Mackems followed by the same at Villa. What's the talk on Villa forums Brummie? I would imagine you must be quite confident he will choose you.

Talk is that although that kind of money is a bit mad, we desperately need a goalkeeper, so we'll take him.

I'd be confident he'd choose us, but there is one factor which concerns me. Sorenson (despite being shit) is an international goalkeeper. Although Gordon, at that price, would go straight in the team, he'd nonetheless have an int'l keeper competing with him. At Sunderland he'd be up against a couple of no-name mooks.

MON is playing his transfer cards so close to his chest, though, that nobody really knows what is going on. I can't believe we're so close to the start of the season with next to nobody in.

The money is there - you don't spaff 4m on a fourth choice striker if it isn't - but he's always been very guarded in the transfer market.

He said at the end of last week that he hadn't had a knockback from any of his main targets, which amazes me, as I thought Defoe and SWP would definitely have been two of them.

It is frustrating, though. I think that by the weekend we'll have signed at least one of Gordon, Bosingwa and Curtis Davies, and possibly all of them. But the chance that we'll sign none of them is a bit worrying.

He's a last day player is MON. He'll get it right.

I've no idea, Dave, I haven't seen him play either. But what I do know is that Sorenson is out for a month, Taylor is fucking rubbish and we sold our third choice keeper 2 months ago, which leaves us in desperate need of a good goalkeeper, very quickly.

I guess players are worth what people are prepared to pay for them.

Would there be any uproar from your lot for signing the WBA captain brummie, or is it just a Wolves/WBA thing?

No uproar from us, but masses of it from them. Albion are our traditional rivals, and especially for fans from the north side of the city, where a lot of Albion's support is, there is still rivalry.

I wouldn't be surprised if Albion told Spurs they wanted 6m and us they wanted 8.

Would there be any uproar from your lot for signing the WBA captain brummie, or is it just a Wolves/WBA thing?

No uproar from us, but masses of it from them. Albion are our traditional rivals, and especially for fans from the north side of the city, where a lot of Albion's support is, there is still rivalry.

I wouldn't be surprised if Albion told Spurs they wanted 6m and us they wanted 8.

Got the picture.  :thup:

I've no idea, Dave, I haven't seen him play either. But what I do know is that Sorenson is out for a month, Taylor is fucking rubbish and we sold our third choice keeper 2 months ago, which leaves us in desperate need of a good goalkeeper, very quickly.

Good age though for a keeper.

Guest trotter58

According to Five Live, Hearts have only agreed a fee with ONE Premier League team and Gordon has left today to join them. If Villa are that desparate for a goalkeeper, why not offer Bolton £8M for Jaaskaleinen? Save yourself £1M and get a far better goalkeeper!

Never seen Gordon play, is he really that good? Lotta money.

He's very good. Not worth that price now but I reckon he will be in the future.

Seems to be more strongly linked with your mates in Sunderland though.

I've no idea, Dave, I haven't seen him play either. But what I do know is that Sorenson is out for a month, Taylor is f****** rubbish and we sold our third choice keeper 2 months ago, which leaves us in desperate need of a good goalkeeper, very quickly.

Whenever I hear the Scottish press talk about him, they say Gordon is worth every penny.  Also that if he moved on in a year or two, whoever bought him would make a profit so it is a worthwhile investment.  They seem to think he is destined for one of the top 4 clubs as soon as he has proved himself in the Premiership.

Guest trotter58

I've no idea, Dave, I haven't seen him play either. But what I do know is that Sorenson is out for a month, Taylor is f****** rubbish and we sold our third choice keeper 2 months ago, which leaves us in desperate need of a good goalkeeper, very quickly.

Whenever I hear the Scottish press talk about him, they say Gordon is worth every penny.  Also that if he moved on in a year or two, whoever bought him would make a profit so it is a worthwhile investment.  They seem to think he is destined for one of the top 4 clubs as soon as he has proved himself in the Premiership.

If he's anything like most Scottish goalkeepers, Sunderland would be better off playing Roy Keane in goal.

I can honestly say if we had signed:

Daniel Braaten 

Heidar Helguson

Dzemaili

Gavin McCann

Jlloyd Samuel 

The forum wouldn't have any members left due to the mass suicides!

Very happy with what we have signed, the Chelsea bench warmer is going to be a class act alongside Joey Barton. We have a shit load of strikers and seem to be sorting out the defence.

If he's anything like most Scottish goalkeepers, Sunderland would be better off playing Roy Keane in goal.

So you've never seen him then?

A lot of Scottish keepers over the years haven't lived upto the hype.

Guest optimistic nit

"Cacapa? Past his best by the sounds of things. Why else would they let such an 'important' player go?

Geremi? Don't make me laugh. Just content to sit on the bench at Chelsea which says it all really.

Rozehnal? Still never heard of him.

Joey Barton? Remind me again how many caps this 'English international' has."

just incase this hasn't been mentioned lyon "let" him go in the same way you let ben haim go. You don't let your 31 year old captain (in his prime) go for free, there was a contract dispute.

like said.

Viduka is much better than helgerson, the free striker you signed.

Barton is probably better than all your midfielders apart from Speed, but he's almost 40.

Cacapa would be captaining Lyon in the CL next season if he wanted to.

Rozy will be starting games for the czec republic next season.

Enrique or Samuel???

Geremi= very good. Played for Real Madrid and Chelsea in his career, although not good enough for either, he's good enough for a top 6 club.

According to Five Live, Hearts have only agreed a fee with ONE Premier League team and Gordon has left today to join them. If Villa are that desparate for a goalkeeper, why not offer Bolton £8M for Jaaskaleinen? Save yourself £1M and get a far better goalkeeper!

How many goalkeepers with one year left on their contract go for 8m?

I'd be equally happy with Jaaskelainen, tbh, but that'd be at 1-2m.

Guest trotter58

"Cacapa? Past his best by the sounds of things. Why else would they let such an 'important' player go?

Geremi? Don't make me laugh. Just content to sit on the bench at Chelsea which says it all really.

just incase this hasn't been mentioned lyon "let" him go in the same way you let ben haim go. You don't let your 31 year old captain (in his prime) go for free, there was a contract dispute.

like said.

Barton is probably better than all your midfielders apart from Speed, but he's almost 40.

Enrique or Samuel???

Geremi= very good. Played for Real Madrid and Chelsea in his career, although not good enough for either, he's good enough for a top 6 club.

Sorry but you're about eight hours too late for this particular debate.

Guest trotter58

How many goalkeepers with one year left on their contract go for 8m?

I'd be equally happy with Jaaskelainen, tbh, but that'd be at 1-2m.

Yes but you're desperate! The only way that Jaaskaleinen is going to sign for a bunch of under-achievers like Villa, is if you offer stupid money for him and judging by the £4M you've spent on Harewooden, Martin O'Neill is obviously not averse to spending stupid money on players!

Guest firetotheworks

like said.

Enrique or Samuel???

Sorry but you're about eight hours too late for this particular debate.

He's only late because hes right tbf.