Sunderland sign Chopra. £5m!

Mr Logic

Guest carlie

not that it is likely or so, but what would you guys say if Chopra scored 15+ goals for s********d this coming season?

:crazy2:

not that it is likely or so, but what would you guys say if Chopra scored 15+ goals for s********d this coming season?

If Chopra scores 15+ goasl next season I will eat my Gimp Mask.

Guest optimistic nit

so when did Chopra have a realistic chance at a starting place under Robson?

I'm not counting the opinion of the other two fuckwits tbh

2003-4 season when Bellamy was out for a lot of the season, and Lua-Lua out of favour and on his way to Pompey on loan. Ameobi came in, scored 9 goals. If Robson had felt Chopra had anything in him, I'm sure he'd have played and not Ameobi.

I think that Lua Lua should have played instead of Ameobi, Chopra was still young, but maybe a few games instead of Ameobi would have been good for him. I just think Ameobi is shit, and never understood how he played. I have a stat that Ameobi scored 7 goals in 18 starts plus 8 as sub that season, and 3 goals in europe. But its not really about stats, he just isn't good enough, and wasn't a good partner for Shearer either.

aye, lua lua really should have been in the team.

remember, we offered him a new contract but he went to cardiff(on the advice of Alan Shearer) to get first team football. which probably means we still thought he had a chance of making it.

I would imagine we saw him as a 4th/5th choice striker.

remember, we offered him a new contract but he went to cardiff(on the advice of Alan Shearer) to get first team football. which probably means we still thought he had a chance of making it.

I would imagine we saw him as a 4th/5th choice striker.

aye, cos you'd sell a player you thought was going to have a decent chance of making it.

Guest DavB93

So we've signed Barton, Rozehnal, Geremi & Viduka for just half a million more than what Sunderland have spent on Halford, Anderson & Chopra.  mackems.gif

Didn't think of it that way........mackems.gif

Guest DavB93

The Beeb are saying it's £5m.

Just seen that.... mackems.gif, it's a cert he's going to score past us next season. Unless he refuses to play against us.

£5m is daft but no-one has really questioned £6m for Diomonsy Kamara who looked absolute dog shit in the Premiership. Chopra didn't look great for us and didn't get much of a run, but Kamara played so much more than him and never looked up to it.

Fair play to Cardiff for getting a good deal, its the going rate for a player at the top of the Championship goalscoring charts.