Owen Speaks ... and he wants to stay

KaKa

Guest Verlaine

One thing that goes in Martins favour though is that he is willing to talk a new contract without a get out clause, will Owen do the same?

Allegedly a fucking MASSIVE contract, though. I don't think that it does him any favours, personally. Basically holding the club to ransom.

One thing that goes in Martins favour though is that he is willing to talk a new contract without a get out clause, will Owen do the same?

Allegedly a fucking MASSIVE contract, though. I don't think that it does him any favours, personally. Basically holding the club to ransom.

At the end of the day who the fuck are they? A periphery player from Inter and a Rafa reject with crock printed on his forehead.

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed. god you all crucified bellamy and dyer for their bigger than the club attitudes, total hypocrites tbh

A post that might stand some faint chance of making sense if the release clause was not in his contract.

Exactly!! Vic, you're absolutely right in what you say up there. However the clause does skew the situation slightly, and certainly Owen's not the one to blame for that.

May I ask you Vic....you say you were excited when the takeover happened, but you say you're now a little bored waiting for something good to happen. Please describe in your own words, what you would consider being a "good thing to happen"? Keep in mind that we're well on the way to having a bigger and better playing squad than last season, hopefully a lot more cash, handled by professionals who will want the best for the club (in order to net the biggest profits as a business), a manager in place who is very good at what he does, and renewed optimism amongst the toon army all round.

Over to you..

Guest Verlaine

Allegedly a f****** MASSIVE contract, though. I don't think that it does him any favours, personally. Basically holding the club to ransom.

At the end of the day who the f*** are they? A periphery player from Inter and a Rafa reject with crock printed on his forehead.

Aliens, Parkster. They must be.

Allegedly a f****** MASSIVE contract, though. I don't think that it does him any favours, personally. Basically holding the club to ransom.

Aye well I suppose it is just more press speculation, but to be fair Owen has already held us to ransom when he signed..

Guest Verlaine

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed. god you all crucified bellamy and dyer for their bigger than the club attitudes, total hypocrites tbh

A post that might stand some faint chance of making sense if the release clause was not in his contract.

Exactly!! Vic, you're absolutely right in what you say up there. However the clause does skew the situation slightly, and certainly Owen's not the one to blame for that.

May I ask you Vic....you say you were excited when the takeover happened, but you say you're now a little bored waiting for something good to happen. Please describe in your own words, what you would consider being a "good thing to happen"? Keep in mind that we're well on the way to having a bigger and better playing squad than last season, hopefully a lot more cash, handled by professionals who will want the best for the club (in order to net the biggest profits as a business), a manager in place who is very good at what he does, and renewed optimism amongst the toon army all round.

Over to you..

Don't hold your breath. :lol: :lol:

Guest Verlaine

Aye well I suppose it is just more press speculation, but to be fair Owen has already held us to ransom when he signed..

Both as bad as one another, as Parky said.

Owen didn't hold us to ransom at all. We were desperate to sign him so threw silly money at him. Not his fault.

And Martins has? Or is it "fkn media speculation" as Skirge likes to say.

Owen didn't hold us to ransom at all. We were desperate to sign him so threw silly money at him. Not his fault.

No wonder his car got shot up. :lol:

Or did it? :razz:

Martins the brains of a peanut. Tired of looking at his vacous beaming smile.....

Guest Gemmill

Martins is blatantly a compulsive liar tbh.  I can just see him at the police station.

"So Mr. Martins, you say the men then shot at your car and "meant to finish you off"?  Is this correct."

"*poppy eyes* Yis!"

"And Mr. Martins, for the purposes of the form, I need your date of birth."

"*poppier eyes* Errrrr.....what's the date today?  I'll work backwards."

"Mr. Martins, how old are you?!"

"Twentyyyyy........two?"

Most things we talk about on here are speculation though.

I speculate that Owen took lots of convincing to join us, it took Shearer hours and hours to talk him around, he knew we were desperate and got a massive wage + a get out clause of £9million. Now without being there at the talks they had we cannot really know what went on but I think the deal he got suggests that he did indeed hold us to ransom (speculation of course)

Guest Verlaine

Martins the brains of a peanut. Tired of looking at his vacous beaming smile.....

Tomorrow's Sun screams 'MARTINS REALLY SHOT THIS TIME. Assumed 'harmless' Nutjob suspected.'

Martins is blatantly a compulsive liar tbh.  I can just see him at the police station.

"So Mr. Martins, you say the men then shot at your car and "meant to finish you off"?  Is this correct."

"*poppy eyes* Yis!"

"Twentyyyyy........two?"

mackems.gif

Guest Gemmill

Why do you think he should re-sign and have the get-out clause removed though?  He's a professional footballer, he's not a fan.  No reason at all why he should.

Tomorrow's Sun screams 'MARTINS REALLY SHOT THIS TIME. Assumed 'harmless' Nutjob suspected.'

:shifty:

Guest Gemmill

Why do you think he should re-sign and have the get-out clause removed though?  He's a professional footballer, he's not a fan.  No reason at all why he should.

Let the record reflect that this question was directed at Mr. Skirge. :razz:

Guest Verlaine

:shifty:

'He was an alien robot from Mars who was also in the masons and contributed to global warming. His unnatural speech patterns, protruding eyes and strange smile gave it away. I've done society a favour & you'll thank me some day.'

"*poppy eyes* Yis!"

"Twentyyyyy........two?"

:lol:

Racial.

I am not saying he has too, I am saying I would like him to. Yes okay its good to see him speak out at last about what he wants but at the end of the day its just words, if he is serious about staying here then sign a new deal without the get out clause. Is it really that much to ask, its not like it means he is here for life or anything.

(let the record show I responded)

:D

If Allardyce wants him to stay and remove his get out clause then of course we should be expected to pay him to do that, like Owen he owes Newcastle nothing and I wouldn't blame either of them if they left to play for a better club like Arsenal.