Owen Speaks ... and he wants to stay

KaKa

Owen has set himself up really, if a bid does come in for him then he is going to have to stand by his words, it may be a case of him already knowing no bids will be made for him so he has just chosen to appease the fans and say what he knows we want to hear, or he really does mean it and 100% intends on staying. The only way we will know the truth is if and when a bid happens, there is no point in us going around and around and over and over it.

Fine, no point in continued speculation about whether he means it or not . . . .  but I think he means it!

Guest Verlaine

Owen has set himself up really, if a bid does come in for him then he is going to have to stand by his words, it may be a case of him already knowing no bids will be made for him so he has just chosen to appease the fans and say what he knows we want to hear, or he really does mean it and 100% intends on staying. The only way we will know the truth is if and when a bid happens, there is no point in us going around and around and over and over it.

Fine, no point in continued speculation about whether he means it or not . . . .  but I think he means it!

Inclined to agree with you.

Guest Bellers

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed.

As far as iam aware Owen has never asked to leave or said anything to indicate he wants to,  People are complaining that its took him so long to say anything, i think its the fans who want to hear him committing himself every pre-season, otherwise he wouldnt need to say a thing.

the post is directed at those who excuse him for not saying anything until he has sussed everything out and make out this is reasonable behaviour, on the grounds he's already f***** the club over by having a release clause (that no-one connected to him leaked? I bet)

he's free to say nothing, but he hasn't has he?

how has he f***** us over - the clause may be there but its not being used.

it's presence is allowing him to choose each pre-season whether he wants to stay or not, if you go by the opinions in here

Somehow Vic even if Owen had declared his destination at the end of the season, I still think you'd be unnecessarily whinging, moaning and trolling any thread where a significant amount of people would be crediting Owen...

At the end of the day Owen is a b******, he saw he had no further options beyond us and decided to commit, but at the end of the day who gives a s***?

Even if it's for a season we're hanging on to a genuine goal scorer, cutting edge which we're crying out for. Yes, we'll no doubt have to deal with the media speculation this time next year, but at the end of the day his goals could mean the difference between Europe and the bottom half of the table, that's why people are over the moon and I seriously doubt any amount of trolling you do will change that.

Guest Invicta_Toon

p.s. to all the WUM accusers, funny how it's all the people who are happy with Owen and his actions

taking the easy way out calling me a WUM rather than backing your posts up when they get challenged

pathetic

Not an accusation, its a compliment!

maybe from you, but with Bellers and nyt/nit, it's a blatant cop out

Verlaine is just a whinging tit, disingenous at best, total f****** hypocrite at worst

Vic, to address your original post, people have already stated their opinions. All you do is arrive late to a topic, spout shit, and then play the victim. If I've already stated my opinion, I'm not going to bother restating it when you ask questions that are already addressed in posts elsewhere in the thread.

As for the accusations of whinging, they're clearly unfounded. As to the notions of hypocrisy, I'd like you to point out an example of this? I can find myriad examples of your own whinging and hypocrisy- there's one right there! Back it up, Vic. Money where your mouth is. If you want to have a proper, reasonable, intelligent debate, then I'll do that with you. But just be aware that you're not playing with the pubescents you normally argue with on here. You'll be sent packing.

yawn

Guest Verlaine

p.s. to all the WUM accusers, funny how it's all the people who are happy with Owen and his actions

taking the easy way out calling me a WUM rather than backing your posts up when they get challenged

pathetic

Verlaine is just a whinging tit, disingenous at best, total f****** hypocrite at worst

Vic, to address your original post, people have already stated their opinions. All you do is arrive late to a topic, spout s***, and then play the victim. If I've already stated my opinion, I'm not going to bother restating it when you ask questions that are already addressed in posts elsewhere in the thread.

As for the accusations of whinging, they're clearly unfounded. As to the notions of hypocrisy, I'd like you to point out an example of this? I can find myriad examples of your own whinging and hypocrisy- there's one right there! Back it up, Vic. Money where your mouth is. If you want to have a proper, reasonable, intelligent debate, then I'll do that with you. But just be aware that you're not playing with the pubescents you normally argue with on here. You'll be sent packing.

yawn

Not like you to run off, tail between your legs, whenever anyone actually asks you to back up your own opinions, Vic!

If he's really a troll- in the opinion of a moderator-, then why's he still allowed to post?

There are disagreements on his worth to the forum. I'll leave it at that.

There is no rule against trolling anyway...

In other words the majority of the admin don't want him here but HTT does because his controversy gets more people posting, similar to Martin Jol a year or so ago.

Guest Invicta_Toon

pathetic

Vic, to address your original post, people have already stated their opinions. All you do is arrive late to a topic, spout s***, and then play the victim. If I've already stated my opinion, I'm not going to bother restating it when you ask questions that are already addressed in posts elsewhere in the thread.

yawn

Not like you to run off, tail between your legs, whenever anyone actually asks you to back up your own opinions, Vic!

oh but you're not a hypocrite pat LOL  LOL  LOL

I merely restated a logical and well thought out post used by you twice already today

Guest Invicta_Toon

If he's really a troll- in the opinion of a moderator-, then why's he still allowed to post?

In other words the majority of the admin don't want him here but HTT does because his controversy gets more people posting, similar to Martin Jol a year or so ago.

you've got the biggest troll of NUFC forums that ever existed on your forum, and you still average 3 topics a week, kind of blows that theory eh?

Guest Verlaine

pathetic

yawn

I merely restated a logical and well thought out post used by you twice already today

Okay, you've kicked off the debate. Well done. Your first point is invalid because you didn't address me in either of your earlier posts. They were simply transparent attempts to stir controversy; therefore I was well within my rights to yawn at them. In this case, I directly addressed you, and asked you to respond reasonably and with hard evidence. You did neither. There is no hypocrisy there. Next?

Guest Invicta_Toon

pathetic

yawn

Okay, you've kicked off the debate. Well done. Your first point is invalid because you didn't address me in either of your earlier posts. They were simply transparent attempts to stir controversy; therefore I was well within my rights to yawn at them. In this case, I directly addressed you, and asked you to respond reasonably and with hard evidence. You did neither. There is no hypocrisy there. Next?

"transparent attempts to stir controversy" - your next piece of blinding hypocrisy

keep the examples coming

Guest Verlaine

pathetic

yawn

"transparent attempts to stir controversy" - your next piece of blinding hypocrisy

keep the examples coming

I'm not going to clutter an Owen thread by responding further to a debate that's already become pointless; you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're not backing up anything you say, which makes any point you make absolutely meaningless. I would go so far as to suggest that you're not backing it up because there's no evidence to back it up with.

This is not surprising- in fact, it's symptomatic of your posting style. Either prove your accusations or fuck off, little man. This applies to the board in general, not this distraction.

you've got the biggest troll of NUFC forums that ever existed on your forum, and you still average 3 topics a week, kind of blows that theory eh?

First of all it's his forum, secondly he knows more about Newcastle United than you ever will Vic.

The difference between the pair of you is that Leazes genuinely believes what he says and can back most of it up with facts, you on the other hand spout shite about anything just to be controversial and to pass the day as you've got nothing better in your life.

Basically Vic, you're a sad cunt.

First of all it's his forum, secondly he knows more about Newcastle United than you ever will Vic.

The difference between the pair of you is that Leazes genuinely believes what he says and can back most of it up with facts, you on the other hand spout shite about anything just to be controversial and to pass the day as you've got nothing better in your life.

Basically Vic, you're a sad cunt.

Stop pussy-footing around and tell him what you think man.

The difference between the pair of you is that Leazes genuinely believes what he says and can back most of it up with facts, you on the other hand spout s**** about anything just to be controversial and to pass the day as you've got nothing better in your life.

Basically Vic, you're a sad c***.

lol No comment

Would like Oba to come out and say the same thing tbh...

He already has, around June 20th he said he wanted to stay here ans was veryn happy at the club.

Why do people believe him then?  A man with a record of lying.

He already has, around June 20th he said he wanted to stay here ans was veryn happy at the club.

That was before all this Arsenal speculation though. Would just like to hear from the heart what he wants to do, some sources suggest he wants to leave, some suggest he wants to stay but will go if he doesn't get an improved contract... etc.

Guest Verlaine

Why do people believe him then?  A man with a record of lying.

'I'd love to stay at the club but after my friend was attacked with a broken bottle when we were shopping at Waitrose, I feel that I am not safe any more and will have to leave.'

One thing that goes in Martins favour though is that he is willing to talk a new contract without a get out clause, will Owen do the same?

Allegedly, though. We don't know if that really is the case with Oba.