Owen Speaks ... and he wants to stay

KaKa

Guest Verlaine

Vic is either the most ingenius WUM known to man, or a cretin.

We've been through this a million times. He's just really really stupid. A bit Mary, Mary too.

Guest Verlaine

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/EasyPrey/DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

If he's really a troll- in the opinion of a moderator-, then why's he still allowed to post?

Guest Verlaine

Put up a poll and I know which way I'll vote.

He is talented at what he does.

Nah, he's really not.

If he's really a troll- in the opinion of a moderator-, then why's he still allowed to post?

There are disagreements on his worth to the forum. I'll leave it at that.

There is no rule against trolling anyway...

Nah, he's really not.

Anyway, Mr Verlaine, whats this about you writing about me on Toontastic??

Guest Verlaine

Talented at talking b*llocks?

Maybe, but he 'gets people going' - even when they (like me) know what he is doing, they still respond.

Thats talent, in my book.

I think the case is really that people are so frustrated with how thick he is, they can't help but reply, rather than being taken in by his immense talents.

Guest Verlaine

Nah, he's really not.

Come register and see. ;)

He doesn't "know what he's doing" though. He genuinely believes what he types.

Yeah, but I think its that 'belief' that sells his comments to people and gets them 'hooked'!!

(He'll be lovin' this . . .  )

Nah, he's really not.

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . maybe.

Is it any good?

Guest Invicta_Toon

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed.

As far as iam aware Owen has never asked to leave or said anything to indicate he wants to,  People are complaining that its took him so long to say anything, i think its the fans who want to hear him committing himself every pre-season, otherwise he wouldnt need to say a thing.

the post is directed at those who excuse him for not saying anything until he has sussed everything out and make out this is reasonable behaviour, on the grounds he's already fucked the club over by having a release clause (that no-one connected to him leaked? I bet)

he's free to say nothing, but he hasn't has he?

how has he fucked us over - the clause may be there but its not being used.

it's presence is allowing him to choose each pre-season whether he wants to stay or not, if you go by the opinions in here

Guest Verlaine

Nah, he's really not.

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . maybe.

Is it any good?

It's a different beast to N-O. Horses for courses, really. Both have their merits and disappointments.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed. god you all crucified bellamy and dyer for their bigger than the club attitudes, total hypocrites tbh

No its not, thats what happens when you put a release clause in a contract. Dyer and Bellamy didnt have release clauses, why are they relevant?

so he's fucked the club royally then, which makes it even worse that he's given leeway by fans to organise his life according to his own self interest

and I'm pretty sure Bellamy had a champions league clause

He did at Blackburn, not here.

As for the rest, whine to the people who negotiated the release clause. And "leeway by fans" relates to no reality except your own latest sad wind-up attempt.

no leeway by fans? have you not read this thread? plenty of people perfectly happy to accept that he waits until pre-season to decide to honour his 4 year contract

Guest Bellers

Maybe, but he 'gets people going' - even when they (like me) know what he is doing, they still respond.

Surely his potent combination of verbal bullshit and general lack of a genuine brain cell tells you he couldn't possibly be an effective wind up merchant...

Guest Invicta_Toon

p.s. to all the WUM accusers, funny how it's all the people who are happy with Owen and his actions

taking the easy way out calling me a WUM rather than backing your posts up when they get challenged

pathetic

Surely his potent combination of verbal bullshit and general lack of a genuine brain cell tells you he couldn't possibly be an effective wind up merchant...

You know, there's a very fine line between genius and  . . . . . 

(not that I am saying that anyone is a 'genius' like)

p.s. to all the WUM accusers, funny how it's all the people who are happy with Owen and his actions

taking the easy way out calling me a WUM rather than backing your posts up when they get challenged

pathetic

Not an accusation, its a compliment!

Guest Invicta_Toon

pathetic

maybe from you, but with Bellers and nyt/nit, it's a blatant cop out

Verlaine is just a whinging tit, disingenous at best, total fucking hypocrite at worst

pathetic

Verlaine is just a whinging tit, disingenous at best, total f****** hypocrite at worst

So  -  would you agree you are a WUM, or perhaps just a pessimist - or what?

Owen has set himself up really, if a bid does come in for him then he is going to have to stand by his words, it may be a case of him already knowing no bids will be made for him so he has just chosen to appease the fans and say what he knows we want to hear, or he really does mean it and 100% intends on staying. The only way we will know the truth is if and when a bid happens, there is no point in us going around and around and over and over it.

Guest Verlaine

pathetic

Verlaine is just a whinging tit, disingenous at best, total f****** hypocrite at worst

Vic, to address your original post, people have already stated their opinions. All you do is arrive late to a topic, spout shit, and then play the victim. If I've already stated my opinion, I'm not going to bother restating it when you ask questions that are already addressed in posts elsewhere in the thread.

As for the accusations of whinging, they're clearly unfounded. As to the notions of hypocrisy, I'd like you to point out an example of this? I can find myriad examples of your own whinging and hypocrisy- there's one right there! Back it up, Vic. Money where your mouth is. If you want to have a proper, reasonable, intelligent debate, then I'll do that with you. But just be aware that you're not playing with the pubescents you normally argue with on here. You'll be sent packing.