Guest DMan

Guest smoggeordie

rimshot.gif

I'll get your coat.

My cowt? :lol:

rimshot.gif

I'll get your cowt.

My coat?  :lol:

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool.  "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football.  The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

:lol:

Amazing how many people backing Bellamy by saying he loved us seem to forget this quote from when we bid for Rooney.

.................... when confronted with the possibility of non-guaranteed selection for the 1st team - ie. following Kluivert's arrival, with a Kluivert/Bellamy 1st choice strikepairing on the horizon - didn't Shearer similarly question his own future at the club. Yet Shearer's "love for the club" hasn't been similarly compromised in many a supporter's eyes.

Perhaps it's a case "hear no evil, see no evil" where certain individuals are concerned.

From nufc.com's Match Reports.

Alan Shearer told the Chronicle: "I think it would be great if we signed Rooney.

"He will be a fantastic asset and a great investment for this football club.

"It would be a great coup for the city and for the club if we can attract him here.

"If he is thinking about going abroad to Real Madrid or whatever then he can do that in four or five years time. He is only 18 and he is still effectively learning his trade.

"He will only be 22 or 23 in four years time so he's got plenty of time on his side and I think it would be a great step for him."

"Obviously it's all up in the air at the moment. Yes he would put my place under threat. It would put everyone under threat. So what?

"If he can come in and do well, then great. It's always been the rules of football if someone comes in and does well, you support him and say well done.

"We are all in it for this football club and if Rooney comes in and improves us, then we are all for it and I am 100% behind that.

"If we can get him it would be brilliant."

The comments i refer to, when Shearer in a decidely more eloquent and media friendly manner left a distinct impression that he'd indeed look after his own interests in the event of SBR no longer guaranteeing him regular 1st team football, took place earlier in that particular transfer window ie. around the time of the Kluivert transfer.

Somebody will find them although i'm certain they won't be found on dot.cock.

"If the manager said to me I wasn't going to be a regular, I'd have to consider things. I want to play as much football as I can in my last season. I think there's a good year left in my legs. I was pleased with passing 20 goals again last season and I hope I do the same, if not better this year."

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool.  "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football.  The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

Amazing how many people backing Bellamy by saying he loved us seem to forget this quote from when we bid for Rooney.

.................... when confronted with the possibility of non-guaranteed selection for the 1st team - ie. following Kluivert's arrival, with a Kluivert/Bellamy 1st choice strikepairing on the horizon - didn't Shearer similarly question his own future at the club. Yet Shearer's "love for the club" hasn't been similarly compromised in many a supporter's eyes.

Perhaps it's a case "hear no evil, see no evil" where certain individuals are concerned.

Alan Shearer told the Chronicle: "I think it would be great if we signed Rooney.

"It would be a great coup for the city and for the club if we can attract him here.

"If he is thinking about going abroad to Real Madrid or whatever then he can do that in four or five years time. He is only 18 and he is still effectively learning his trade.

"He will only be 22 or 23 in four years time so he's got plenty of time on his side and I think it would be a great step for him."

"Obviously it's all up in the air at the moment. Yes he would put my place under threat. It would put everyone under threat. So what?

"If he can come in and do well, then great. It's always been the rules of football if someone comes in and does well, you support him and say well done.

"We are all in it for this football club and if Rooney comes in and improves us, then we are all for it and I am 100% behind that.

The comments i refer to, when Shearer in a decidely more eloquent and media friendly manner left a distinct impression that he'd indeed look after his own interests in the event of SBR no longer guaranteeing him regular 1st team football, took place earlier in that particular transfer window ie. around the time of the Kluivert transfer.

"If the manager said to me I wasn't going to be a regular, I'd have to consider things. I want to play as much football as I can in my last season. I think there's a good year left in my legs. I was pleased with passing 20 goals again last season and I hope I do the same, if not better this year."

that was around the same time that bobby wanted to sell him to liverpool though (i think)

rimshot.gif

I'll get your coat.

My cowt? :lol:

rimshot.gif

I'll get your cowt.

My coat?  :lol:

Your cowt?

Holland striker Dirk Kuyt has again issued a come-and-get-me plea to The Premiership as he dreams of a move to England.

The prolific goalscorer is currently on World Cup duty in Germany but that has not stopped him from speculating on his domestic future.

Newcastle, Liverpool and Tottenham have all been linked with the Feyenoord favourite and it seems likely he will be plying his trade in England next season.

Kuyt has made no secret of his desire to leave his homeland for pastures new, with Michael Owen's serious knee injury likely to push Newcastle to the front of the queue for his services.

It is thought Newcastle will lodge a serious offer for the player in the not too distant future and the early indications are that he would be eager to move to St James' Park.

If England and Holland both successfully negotiate their respective passages to the quarter finals then they will meet; a game in which Kuyt would love to prove his pedigree in.

''I want very much to play in The Premiership,'' he told the Daily Mirror.

''I want to join one of the teams at the top and I hope we can play England in the quarter finals.

''It will give me a chance to show what I can do. At the end of tournament, I find out what all the possibilities are.''

that was around the same time that bobby wanted to sell him to liverpool though (i think)

That's ok then. A great difference between that and Bellamy also seeking clarification on his place. bluewink.gif

Read my earlier posts, you are missing my point. What I say is I have seen owen/defo over a number of games so I can judge what I think there worth is. I have seen Kuyt once so I refuse to get caught up in this hype of e must table a 10million bid for him now etc. As I've said I have one game to judge him on. I don't believe we have a large budget and our money needs to be spent wisely. In the past we have been guilty of buying on reputation, sometimes it has worked other times it blows up in our face. I hope the Scouts have done their work and they will have a better informed choice, but from what I saw how anyone on hear can say he is worth 10million is beyond me. It is paper hype. I would gladly accept the opinion of someone who has seen 10-20 games but I won't buy into this buy him now crap if I am not fully informed!!

Well, that was easy..

That's ok then. A great difference between that and Bellamy also seeking clarification on his place. bluewink.gif

i dont recall the manager trying to sell bellamy though, do you?

I don't recall Robson trying to actively sell Shearer either. I would have forgiven him had he done so though, right from the start he was aware of Shearers power and at the later stages it was clear that the inability to drop shearer was inhibiting our play.

"To succeed here it is essential that I get on with Alan Shearer," he insisted.

For a manager who had coped with, among others, Ronaldo, Romario and Stoichkov, it seemed an unusual admission. Yet, well aware that Shearer had engineered his predecessor, Ruud Gullit's exit, Robson was acutely conscious that the former England captain is a consummate politician.

Strangely enough,  Robson was dismissed almost immediately after omitting Shearer from the starting XI for a league match.

Anyway, here is what Robson had to say regarding Shearer leaving.

Newcastle boss Bobby Robson has revealed Celtic boss Martin O'Neill tried striker Alan Shearer to replace the out-going Henrik Larsson.

"Martin was on the phone to me to ask about the situation with Shearer. He wanted to know if we would let him go," said Robson.

"I thought it was a big enough story to tell my chairman (Freddy Shepherd) about but he said to forget it.

"He wasn't for selling Alan and I felt the same way."

He added: "So it never got past first base.

"Alan will want to finish his career in the black and white and retire at the end of the season.

"He's said it is what he plans to do and once he has made a decision he never goes back on it.

"I can understand why Martin would have wanted Alan to join Celtic. He is a leader and a tough guy but it was just a non-starter."

I don't recall Robson trying to actively sell Shearer either. I would have forgiven him had he done so though, right from the start he was aware of Shearers power and at the later stages it was clear that the inability to drop shearer was inhibiting our play.

For a manager who had coped with, among others, Ronaldo, Romario and Stoichkov, it seemed an unusual admission. Yet, well aware that Shearer had engineered his predecessor, Ruud Gullit's exit, Robson was acutely conscious that the former England captain is a consummate politician.

Strangely enough,  Robson was dismissed almost immediately after omitting Shearer from the starting XI for a league match.

Newcastle boss Bobby Robson has revealed Celtic boss Martin O'Neill tried striker Alan Shearer to replace the out-going Henrik Larsson.

"Martin was on the phone to me to ask about the situation with Shearer. He wanted to know if we would let him go," said Robson.

"I thought it was a big enough story to tell my chairman (Freddy Shepherd) about but he said to forget it.

"Alan will want to finish his career in the black and white and retire at the end of the season.

"He's said it is what he plans to do and once he has made a decision he never goes back on it.

"I can understand why Martin would have wanted Alan to join Celtic. He is a leader and a tough guy but it was just a non-starter."

read bobbys book, you will find that he did try to sell shearer to liverpool to bring in mpenza

Guest thommo78

Read my earlier posts, you are missing my point. What I say is I have seen owen/defo over a number of games so I can judge what I think there worth is. I have seen Kuyt once so I refuse to get caught up in this hype of e must table a 10million bid for him now etc. As I've said I have one game to judge him on. I don't believe we have a large budget and our money needs to be spent wisely. In the past we have been guilty of buying on reputation, sometimes it has worked other times it blows up in our face. I hope the Scouts have done their work and they will have a better informed choice, but from what I saw how anyone on hear can say he is worth 10million is beyond me. It is paper hype. I would gladly accept the opinion of someone who has seen 10-20 games but I won't buy into this buy him now crap if I am not fully informed!!

Well, that was easy..

what was??

and you honestly think bobbys dismissal had anything to do with him dropping shearer against villa???

come off it

Not at all, he said himself that it was down to results.

Anyway, I still cannot see a difference between Bellamy wanting clarification on his role in the team and Shearer doing the same. That was the only point I was making.

Guest Geordiesned

Someone mistitled this thread.

Merely re-titled it as there's a lot more discussion about Newcastle possibly signing Kuyt in here than there is Liverpool.

Guest Verlaine

Merely re-titled it as there's a lot more discussion about Newcastle possibly signing Kuyt in here than there is Liverpool.

No no, I meant, you missed off the bit in the title about the Bellamy/Shearer discussion it's become.

Well, that was easy..

what was??

He? You said it was beyond you how somebody could say Kuyt is worth £10M, but you would "gladly accept the opinion of someone who has seen 10-20 games".. I have seen that many games of him and more and value him at at least £10M. Look, this is really simple, if Newcastle don't want him for the asking price, Feyenoord will happily hang on to him. Imagine reading a thread on a @rsenal forum where people question whether it would be worth investing let's say £2M for N'Zogbia, where we all know he's easily worth that much and we would actually prefer him to stay if we could, because that's what reading this sort of comment feels like to me (being a Feyenoord and Newcastle United supporter). Knowing other clubs have previously bid near the full asking price, what is Newcastle thinking when going in with a bid well below the asking price?!

Knowing other clubs have previously bid near the full asking price, what is Newcastle thinking when going in with a bid well below the asking price?!

God knows. If reports are true, our esteemed chairman has a record of bizarre opening offers, and it seems to tickle him to try his chances... before inevitably paying way over the odds.

read bobbys book, you will find that he did try to sell shearer to liverpool to bring in mpenza

You've read a different book to me if thats the case...

You've read a different book to me if thats the case...

i dont think i have, liverpool bid, bobby went to freddy and explained that he could use the money to buy mpenza, freddy said he couldnt sell 'the crown jewls'.

what did you read like???

I see quite a few people here havnt seen very much of Kuyt, so i thought i would give some information on him. I live with dutch guy who is an absolutely fanatical feyenoord fan and he goes on and on about how good this guy is. He makes us all watch Eurogoals aswell so i have seen quite a bit of him now. Firstly he is a good finisher and scores all types of goals both feet and headers, long range and tapins. His hold up play and passing also looks fairly good.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about him though is his attitude and professionalism. In much the same way as Shearer i get the iimpression that Kuyt would die before he faces defeat. He never ever causes problems for the club and is a great leader for Feyenoord. My dutch friend always says how Kuyt has played many times this season with illnesses and injuries. I personally value this attitude to the club and record of playing through pain very highly, especially considering owens record of hardly playing.

If we were to buy Kuyt we would get a highly professional player who would run himself into the ground and bag a fair few goals along the way. Oh and interestingly my housemate also doesnt rate Huntelaar as highly as Kuyt, saying that Huntelaars phenomenal goal tally last season was due largely to the fact that he played RBC (the dutch leagues version of the mackems but worse) 4 times twice for Heerenveen and twice for ajax, bagging about 12 or 13 goals against them.

I don't think Liverpool will sign a new striker actually. I think Rafa loves Crouch too much and will play him and Bellamy more often than not, with Fowler as back up and Kewell, Gerrard, Garcia, etc. as an alternative for when they go with the one up front.

Guest Geordiesned

No no, I meant, you missed off the bit in the title about the Bellamy/Shearer discussion it's become.

Oh right. Maybe I should call it the "Off on a tangent thread"?  tongue.gif

Guest Geordiesned

Is that the girl Unitt in that towel Ned?

The only reason to watch womens football!

Indeed it is Boobster.

Guest smoggeordie

From today's Journal:

Top of Roeder's wishlist is Dutch international Dirk Kuyt and it appears his chances of signing the Feyenoord frontman are improving. Kuyt has stated publicly he would like to play in England next term - apparently ruling out Barcelona and Valencia.

If Newcastle are already set on bringing the Dutchman to the North-East then Kuyt's absence from his country's World Cup team could help. After only one start in this summer's tournament - in which he played on the left of a front three and failed to last the full 90 minutes - Marco van Basten is doing his best to keep the player's talents under wraps.