Ronal... Baptista on his way?

Crumpy Gunt

why wouldnt anyone want him for 58mil. ashleys a billionaire so who cares if he goes and spends all his money on 1 player. id be happy if we got ronaldinho for that much.

So if Ashley turned around to Allardyce on Monday and said, "Ok Sam, I can see you want to buy a playmaker, I'll pay for Ronaldinho out of my own pocket. It won't affect the rest of your spending. Oh, by the way, there's the £7m you wanted for Fanni, Queudrue & Young".

You'd not be happy? You want your head examined. :lol:

Are you actually being serious right now?

I cannot have this conversation. If you think that would be a sensible thing to do then more power to you. I have had my say.

Oh ... and in response to your question, no I would not be happy I would be very dissapointed and borderline depressed.

spacker

Guest MagicNumber9

why wouldnt anyone want him for 58mil. ashleys a billionaire so who cares if he goes and spends all his money on 1 player. id be happy if we got ronaldinho for that much.

Gotta admit id love a home strip with Ronaldihio on the back! Wouldnt look right though!!

Gotta admit id love a home strip with Ronaldihio on the back! Wouldnt look right though!!

what supporter wouldnt want their teams shirt with ronaldinhos name on the back?, (apart from Kaka the s*****r though).

s*****r meaning supporter of course, just with not enough stars in  :rolleyes:

If this is true we are beginning to look bloody stupid. Giving trials to free agents one week & going after Ronaldinho the next.

Sam knows he needs to sort out the defence & if we do have that kind of cash, splash it wisely & then the trophy players will want to come once we are a viable proposition for them.

Other clubs are signing players; we are continuing with Jackanory stories at best & self indulgency on the part of MA at worst.

Nobody has a clue what MA is all about & I find this latest story cringeworthy.

Sam - "So Ron, how do you fancy playing for the Toon?"

Ron - "f*** off"

Sam - "Mike, told you what he'd say"

Mike - "Ok Sam; go & buy Queuedrue & then give Messi/ Kaka etc a call & see if they fancy it"

Sam - "I'd rather try & get Micah Richards or Ledley King in"

Mike - "Nah, you can ask about Puyol or Cannavarro & if they say no you can go & buy Luke Young"

Let us hope this is not how it is going. The point is we don't know & surely we must start asking questions. Is that not reasonable? This is not Chicken Little panicking; though I do expect many posts saying don't worry it'll be alright. I'd rather know what was coming over the horizon rather than bury my head in the sand & hope it is all ok.

Embarassing, tbh.

In your other thread, you were crying that we weren't linked with Deco any more in the papers. Now we're linked with UBERDECO and you're upset about that. You're just a whinger at the moment.

Also, it's the NOTW. It's not true. Relax.

I have never whinged about not being linked with Deco anymore. I have queried why we were being linked with top players, giving trials to others & being in pole position for average PL players. I asked the question what is MA all about & it remains more so valid today.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

may of already been said but im not trawling though this to check,

next weeks NOTW headline

Toon in a whole load of Messi.

all they need to do is, change the names and add some more cash on and they have sold another shed load of bollocks to the ill informed masses who insist on lapping it/believing it up week upon week, day upon day. 

Guest jamesmartinsmith

News of The World state that Mike Ashley was told Ronaldinho would cost £58million.

It would never happen.

Guest shaun11177

Ronny has always said he hates playing when its cold and raining-so he might be available for a few games in August and May.

The biggest crock of shit from the NOTW.

Ronny has always said he hates playing when its cold and raining-so he might be available for a few games in August and May.

The biggest crock of s*** from the NOTW.

Looking at where and how big the article is, you'd think if there was any truth in it, it would be a double page spread!

It'll be some chaz and fucking dave tosspot who wrote it!

what supporter wouldnt want their teams shirt with ronaldinhos name on the back?, (apart from Kaka the s*****r though).

s*****r meaning supporter of course, just with not enough stars in  :rolleyes:

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

I didn't say I didn't want Ronaldinho. I said I didn't want to pay £58 million for him.

Everyone says what if it didn't affect the rest of the team bnuilding but I don't agree. If we are brigning in players like Geremi, Quedrue and Viduka to strengthen the team and then we went out and spent £58 million on Ronaldinho it would be ridiculous to me. Ronaldinho alongside these players wouldn't be anywhere near the same player in my opinion and therefore it wouldn't be worth it. Not even close.

So unless we are ready to spend an additional £50 to £100 million to bring in other top class players to play in the same team, it would indeed be an awful move.

That is my point of view. No need to insult me because I feel this way as I really don't understand what the benefit of that is. Quite ridiculous why people feel the need to do this.

s*****r meaning supporter of course, just with not enough stars in  :rolleyes:

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

I didn't say I didn't want Ronaldinho. I said I didn't want to pay £58 million for him.

Everyone says what if it didn't affect the rest of the team bnuilding but I don't agree. If we are brigning in players like Geremi, Quedrue and Viduka to strengthen the team and then we went out and spent £58 million on Ronaldinho it would be ridiculous to me. Ronaldinho alongside these players wouldn't be anywhere near the same player in my opinion and therefore it wouldn't be worth it. Not even close.

So unless we are ready to spend an additional £50 to £100 million to bring in other top class players to play in the same team, it would indeed be an awful move.

That is my point of view. No need to insult me because I feel this way as I really don't understand what the benefit of that is. Quite ridiculous why people feel the need to do this.

agree with your point but if ya heard we signed Ronaldinho in the morn ya cant tell me ya wouldnt be delighted??