Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Personally, I'd let them duke it out for NUFC #1 this season and do away with Harps. He can be 3rd choice, coach, sold,  free transferred, whatever, just not really in contention anymore.

Personally, I'd let them duke it out for NUFC #1 this season and do away with Harps. He can be 3rd choice, coach, sold,  free transferred, whatever, just not really in contention anymore.

he is like, purely down to the inexperience of krul (i haven't seen enough of forster)

Harper will be #1 again next season. Krul or Forster will be sold, probably the latter.

i think it'll be as this season, harper, krul back up, forster on loan.

if forster does go on loan i hope it's to a championship club (or back to norwich) to get a better chance to gauge him.

Dunno why anyone would wanna keep Harper anymore tbh. Krul's mistakes are far outweighed by Harper's in-existent reactions.

I'm of this opinion. Harper becomes less agile by the game and has cost us a few points this season by getting down with all the speed of a felled tree. Krul has also cost us some with his errors but while Krul will get better with more game time Harper is only going to get slower.

They're at the stage now where they'll be sick of being loaned out/second choice. Sooner or later they'll be after first team either here or elsewhere. I don't mind which one stays or goes because it's natural that one will do, but if Harper's still first choice we could even risk losing both. If it was second choice to a top keeper you could understand, but Harper? Nah.

Time to build for the future. Harper has to be dropped.

Agreed. We have three quality keepers; so with ages 23, 23 and 36 its obvious who should be kept. We shouldn't feel obliged to reciprocate Harper's loyalty.

Time to build for the future. Harper has to be dropped.

Agreed. We have three quality keepers; so with ages 23, 23 and 36 its obvious who should be kept. We shouldn't feel obliged to reciprocate Harper's loyalty.

they aren't doing that, just krul constantly looks like the talented yet inexperienced keeper he is, so much so that there isn't a great deal between them. my guess is harper may start at no.1 but wont finish the season as such.

Harper will be #1 again next season. Krul or Forster will be sold, probably the latter.

The first one maybe, the second one I really doubt it. Why would we sell them at this point?

I think one or both will want to leave for regular first team football, and we'll be content to sell.

6 foot 7 goalkeeper, a local lad who has had a very good season for Celtic judging by their forums. Pretty much sounds like someone we should be looking to build our future defense around.

love all these comments about making Harper the goalkeeper coach,  what are we going to do with the one we already have??  And why would Harper want to be a coach when he's quite capable of playing for a good few years.