Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

I'm a big fan of Heinze. I don't know what the f*** happened to him last season: a combination of injury concerns, confidence and being played out of position, I think. He's an immense player, really.

i'd agree, when he first went to man u he looked like robocop playing at left back, very very combative, he was dodgy last season but on form i'd take him over any other left back in the premier league

I'm a big fan of Heinze. I don't know what the f*** happened to him last season: a combination of injury concerns, confidence and being played out of position, I think. He's an immense player, really.

i'd agree, when he first went to man u he looked like robocop playing at left back, very very combative, he was dodgy last season but on form i'd take him over any other left back in the premier league

so would Rafa Benitez apparently.

Guest clarkyshan

Hopefully it's the German cd. :coolsmiley:

Most likely Shorey though.

which one? ha bit vague metresacker?

That's the one.

Hopefully it's the German cd. :coolsmiley:

Most likely Shorey though.

which one? ha bit vague metresacker?

That's the one.

here here 31 caps for germany at 22 can't be bad. sign these him before he goes to a super club.

How does information like that get out? 7m bid? I mean only a handful of people would know that at both sending club and recieving club.

Also now we're a private concern aren't we liable to get more 'fee undisclosed' transfers?

How does information like that get out? 7m bid? I mean only a handful of people would know that at both sending club and recieving club.

Also now we're a private concern aren't we liable to get more 'fee undisclosed' transfers?

Agents talk.

Okay, I agree agents talk, but it would be in the agents interest to advertise the fact about who also. How would the chronicle hear a bid of 7m had been made without having a damn good idea about who?

Not saying there isn't a bid, but it just seems an odd snippet to me.

A glimmer of hope that things are still pushing on. Thank goodness for that as it has been eerily quiet in the last few days.

Good stuff from Sam putting his point accross in the way he has done this week. Let Ashley and Mort know we needed to pick up the pace a bit without being obnoxious about it. Roeder should be taking notes tbh.

Pretty certain it wont be the likes of Metresacker, Chiellini or Barzagli. Heinze is probably who the Chronicle think.

Definitely hope it isn't Riise for that price!

That too was my fear....As Liverpool are closing in on Chellini.

Pretty certain it wont be the likes of Metresacker, Chiellini or Barzagli. Heinze is probably who the Chronicle think.

Rather £7 million on Riise than Baines or Shorey though!

nah baines is better than riise. i still don't rate shorey atall tho. watching him last night in that friendly he was outdone by unknown korean players time and time again.

Rather have Baines than Riise for that price.

It won't be Riise at 7m, Benitez wants to replace Riise with Heinze/Chellini for 6/7m because Riise can't defend so to pay more than that would be stupid.

The Chronicle know allsorts. I was walking past St James about a year ago and Alan Oliver walked out of the main entrance closely followed by Shepherd.

They probably don't know as much now that Ashley and Sam are in charge, but they certainly are ITK in some capacity.

And isn't Alan Oliver related to the guy who writes all of Newcastle's official articles, Gary Oliver.... just wondered?

Possibly the internal review wrapping up then -- identifying the club mole.  Varying sums attributed to a future transfer were given out to the staff and whoever leaked the £7m figure is now out of a job.  ;D