Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Seems strange that he'd be a left-back if he's right footed. Not seen him much, anyone know if his preffered position is definitely LB?

Got a decent left foot on him as well I would hope.

Be a very big coup to attract a player from Bayern though, I reckon he'd take a fair bit of convincing to come here.

Maldini springs to mind Shak my darling. :)

He was alright, I suppose.

Ya poofta.  :razz:

Maldini has a fair left foot on him.

Do you reckon? :lol:

If he's two-footed, or at least got a reliable left foot, then a full-back who can cut inside is dead handy. Seems he's made a fair fist of it so far to be fair to him.

Guest Newbie

Lahm would be brilliant. But come on... £7m for him :lol:

But could Emre be going the other way as well ??

Anyone have any updates on who the £7m man is ?

Riise, Lahm, Heinze, Baines, Shorey, Barzalgi, Ferdinand or Mertesacker.

First two being mentioned on skunkers.

what has been mentioned on Skunkers?

That Mort and others caught an early morning flight from Stansted to Munich today and the target is lahm

Is Lahm a better LB or RB?

Can't see why Bayern would sell him for £7m though, seems a little cheap from someone who's highly rated, German and plays for Bayern.

No idea, i'd never heard of him until 15 minutes ago.

He's the kid that scored the first goal of the last World Cup, screamer into the top corner cutting in on his right foot, which I believe is one of the reasons why he plays left back. Don't know too much apart from that like.

Never seen it to be honest, only really watched the England games.

Found in the rumours section on skysports.com:-

Newcastle will bid for Bayern Munich full-back Phillip Lahm and if their bid is unsuccessful they will go for Leighton Baines. They are also on the verge of a treble swoop of Barcelona with Deco arriving for 13.5 Million, Edmilson for 1.75 Million and Eidur Gudjohnsen for 7.5 Million. Ronaldinho is unlikely to arrive at SJP but Real Madrid Centre-Back Fabio Cannavaro may arrive on a 2 year contract for a fee of around 4 Million. Mike Ashley wants to mark his arrival at SJP with a 25 Million pound plus signing, Ronaldinho or Robinho etc...

must be true!

Can you please give me a link to that? ;)

Newcastle will bid for Bayern Munich full-back Phillip Lahm and if their bid is unsuccessful they will go for Leighton Baines. They are also on the verge of a treble swoop of Barcelona with Deco arriving for 13.5 Million, Edmilson for 1.75 Million and Eidur Gudjohnsen for 7.5 Million. Ronaldinho is unlikely to arrive at SJP but Real Madrid Centre-Back Fabio Cannavaro may arrive on a 2 year contract for a fee of around 4 Million. Mike Ashley wants to mark his arrival at SJP with a 25 Million pound plus signing, Ronaldinho or Robinho etc...

must be true!

:laugh:

Anyone have any updates on who the £7m man is ?

Riise, Lahm, Heinze, Baines, Shorey, Barzalgi, Ferdinand or Mertesacker.

First two being mentioned on skunkers.

what has been mentioned on Skunkers?

That Mort and others caught an early morning flight from Stansted to Munich today and the target is lahm

Is Lahm a better LB or RB?

Can't see why Bayern would sell him for £7m though, seems a little cheap from someone who's highly rated, German and plays for Bayern.

Regardless of Bayern willing to sell, I cant see Lahm wanting to come to us, granted they failed to qualify for CL but they are still in the Uefa Cup.

Would be a first class signing though. Would be very excited to have him here, more so than Bridge/Baines or Heinze. Bayern have signed Marcell Jansen this summer aswell.

must be true!

:laugh:

Love it.

Guest Guinness

This £7m bid stuff sounds good, out of those being mentioned Lahm would be fantastic, but I'm pretty sure he'd cost a lot more than £7m.

This £7m bid stuff sounds good, out of those being mentioned Lahm would be fantastic, but I'm pretty sure he'd cost a lot more than £7m.

Not if we threw in the kebab muncher as bait.

Carr?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/01/Saddamsp.jpg/300px-Saddamsp.jpg

You are really fucked now!!

Guest Guinness

Carr?

:lol:

£7m and emre = lahm imo

but the question is would you let emre go and pay a decent amount for lahm

tbh i definatly would

lahm is younger and a class verstaile defender. emre can be replaced easier than a class defender

Guest LucaAltieri

Carr?

I had him down as more of a turkey drummer kind of guy.

Do you have any quotes to support your kebab claim?

must be true!

Can you please give me a link to that? ;)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=466987

Not convinced Bayern really need or want Emre now.

They have Van Bommel, Ottl, Schweinsteiger and have Kroos and Furstner coming through

And have just signed Jose Ernesto Sosa, Hamit Altintop and Julio Dos Santos.

They have spunked alot of money down the drain this summer.

Would love it to be Lahm one lad on skunkers says it is the other says its Riise

Cant see us getting either however both clubs have spent big this summer and may need to recoup money.

Would prefer Lahm out of any other LB in the world.

Seems strange that he'd be a left-back if he's right footed. Not seen him much, anyone know if his preffered position is definitely LB?

Got a decent left foot on him as well I would hope.

Be a very big coup to attract a player from Bayern though, I reckon he'd take a fair bit of convincing to come here.

He can play on both sides.

Would love it to be Lahm one lad on skunkers says it is the other says its Riise

Cant see us getting either however both clubs have spent big this summer and may need to recoup money.

Would prefer Lahm out of any other LB in the world.

Would believe Albert before this Ikey fella.

Guest Geordie Boyo

must be true!

:jesuswept:

must be true!

Wouldnt turn any of them down!Lahm is a relaistic target and hes quality would love ta see him join us!