Newcastle 4 - 1 Celtic (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 29

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/75714082.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1938462E5B92173368553437050BDA9BD27

Carr doesn't look that bad tbh.

If he "does a Nicky Butt" then I'll be ecstatic..................although the chances are slim to zero I'm guessing

At least something is slim then...

Any pics of Harper?

http://www.football.co.uk/shared/images/players/players_9343.jpg 

:thup:

Looks like he's jut caught some bloke in bed with his wife, doesn't know whether to cry or fly into a fit of rage

Probably Midds.

Is there a story to be told here? :lol:

Midds shagged Harper.

Carr did look very competent tonight I'll give him that.

On celtics side McGeady and Brown looked like top prospects.

In the first half linking up with Nobby he looked good. Second half not so good, skinned a couple of times. We need a top quality RB. Swap Dyer + £10m for Micah Richards (ideally)  or + £5-6m  for Lennon or straight swap for Lucas Neil. 

The defense was shambolic from a positional point of view. But Rozehnal looked cool, composed - he could play the ball and give it. Taylor's the hard-as-nails, get-stuck-in centre half, the opposite to Rozehnal, so that suggests they might work together. But they're going to need better defenders around them.

Huntington is just clueless tbh. I don't really rate him at all tbh. And Carr was only alright, which is nothing more than he ever will be, and that was only from an attacking point of view. They ripped us to shreads down their left-flank towards the end. From a defensive point of view, Carr wasn't good, and neither was Huntington.

We need full-backs.

Agreed Hunty didn't look too good today. A left Back/Centerback as the priorities.

Carr did look very competent tonight I'll give him that.

On celtics side McGeady and Brown looked like top prospects.

In the first half linking up with Nobby he looked good. Second half not so good, skinned a couple of times. We need a top quality RB. Swap Dyer + £10m for Micah Richards (ideally)  or + £5-6m  for Lennon or straight swap for Lucas Neil. 

To be fair he had a very inexperienced Troisi ahead of him who wasn't offering the cover or outlet nobby was providing.

Any pics of Harper?

Looks like he's jut caught some bloke in bed with his wife, doesn't know whether to cry or fly into a fit of rage

Probably Midds.

Midds shagged Harper.

And you still haven't gotten over it, have you big fella?

Any pics of Harper?

Probably Midds.

Midds shagged Harper.

:weep:

does any one know will they be showing highlights of the match anywhere tonight?probably sky sports news?

I would have thought SSN would show it. Especially with Harper's cameo.

ya im back from training and I havent gone for a shower yet cos waiting to watch it on ssn!but all they showed is the score on the bottom part of screen!

did anyone watch it on World?  How was the quality of the stream? 'Cos me dad didn't bother in the end

It was alright actually. Nowt special quality-wise, but perfectly watchable and didn't stop once.

Any pics of Harper?

Probably Midds.

Midds shagged Harper.

:weep:

Well, you'll always have Dave to fall back on. :thup:

Celtics fans and their players took tonight so seriously, it was embarrassing.

Sing all you want you, your team's still shite

Always do, they are pathetic.

Come here thinking its a battle of Britain throwing themselves into challenges like they're extras in braveheart.

So fuking glad they've lost, 4-1 as well, what a joke. But their fans are bad enough when they've won, no doubt there will be a few cocks looking for a scrap before they go home, but by their usual brave and heroic standard they'll trash a kebab shop and find a lad walking home by himself to jump on.

Come here thinking its a battle of Britain throwing themselves into challenges like they're extras in braveheart.

So fuking glad they've lost, 4-1 as well, what a joke. But their fans are bad enough when they've won, no doubt there will be a few cocks looking for a scrap before they go home, but by their usual brave and heroic standard they'll trash a kebab shop and find a lad walking home by himself to jump on.

Oh and for what its worth, none of their players impressed me at all

what about butt ??? I thought butt was our best player in first half he looks very fit at the moment and seemed to cover every inch of grass. Got stuck in, spread the play looked to have an extra yard of pace.

I thought solano and geremi both looked fit and strong. And I thought rozenthal looked very composed indeed. very elegant footballer by the looks of it. Martins tried but needs somebody like viduka beside him tbh. Milner full of running but needs help further up the pitch.

One thing is for sure only player that should play against bolton that started tonight in defence is rozenthal. the rest of them were terrible off the ball positionally

Oh and for what its worth, none of their players impressed me at all

Nope, not one. A weakened Newcastle side fucking hammered them 4-1. They're shite.