Penalty Taker?

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Owen should take them. I think penalties need to be taken by someone who scores week in week out, who are used to scoring and do not get over-excited infront of goal. Players who score often grow more and more confident in taking shots, and this kind of confidence can be crucial in a tense, high-presure, match-deciding penalty situation.

I think Owen should take them. I think penalties need to be taken by someone who scores week in week out, who are used to scoring and do not get over-excited infront of goal. Players who score often grow more and more confident in taking shots, and this kind of confidence can be crucial in a tense, high-presure, match-deciding penalty situation.

your arguement is torn apart by

i dont know how anybody can say owen. do you not remember when he was taking them for liverpool and they were barely reaching the goal

I do remember them.  IIRC, he missed 3 on the bounce at least

That's not what Owen did the last two years so for the start of the season I would take someone else.

I agree with what you are saying though.

Barton's last pen for City was even worse than Martins' against Everton. He'd also slagged off his team mates a few days earlier. Shola's pens have been perfect to be fair, but I doubt he'll be on the field. Same goes with Nobby, he'll be in and out. So to sum up; I don't know.

I remember reading somewhere about Owen that he didn't really like taking penalites.

I'd just give them to Nobby.

On a side note, who do you think will be taking corners and free kicks now? I was always puzzled why Roeder was giving them to Milner instead of Nobby.

Barton

From memory Barton's record is scored 2 missed 1.

Sent the keeper the wrong way vs Brum

Smashed in off the underside of the crossbar vs Arsenal

Smashed one into orbit vs Villa ( :nope:)

There may be more...I can only remember two other penalties (Taken by Vassell and Samaras) in the past two seasons since Robbie Fowler disappeared. I wouldn't give him the responsibility myself, don't think he's that good at em.

Concur with the opinion that Owen is minging at penalties - Scoring regularly is irrelevant if you don't have the penalty technique down to a T. Henrik Larsson scored a bajillion a season in Scotland but he still missed half the time.

How is Viduka at penalties? I don't want Owen on penalties cos he's f****** awful at them.

yep

Owen shouldn't be anywhere near the candidate list for penalty takers.

Emre or Solano (if on the pitch) for me

How is Viduka at penalties? I don't want Owen on penalties cos he's fucking awful at them.

He took them at Leeds IIRC. Dunno what his record was, but he scored one in the "Premiership Years" I watched the other day.

Guest optimistic nit

How is Viduka at penalties? I don't want Owen on penalties cos he's fucking awful at them.

He took them at Leeds IIRC. Dunno what his record was, but he scored one in the "Premiership Years" I watched the other day.