Cassano- Deco- Appiah all still available. (Let's have some fun).

Parky

Cassano is in such a state at Real that he didn't even go with the squad for their training camp in Austria. It is rumoured he is not on talking terms with coach and the club are even entertaining enquiries for him on loan for a year to cool his heels someplace else. Couple of Spanish clubs have even offerred to take him off their hands on a free due to his huge wages. This is one bottom draw Sam could do with having a rattle around in.

Deco is still within our grasp even though there have been persistant denials from Barca. He does a lot for them as we all know but still seems suprlus to requirements...A bid of £15m might be enough....

Appiah deal to Stuttgart and Schalke 04 have collapsed and West Ham are showing renewed interest another possible hijack scenario is in the offing. Between us and the Hammers there would only really be one choice. Fantastic player who imo gives the likes of Essien a run for their money.

However, the player’s agent has now denied those reports and said no deal has been reached.

"It's not true. I have monitored these reports and I can confidently say that it is not true,” Frank Trimboli told BBC Sport.

"Schalke are one of the clubs who have expressed keen interest in him but they have to reach a deal with Fenerbahce."

Looks like a tasty midfield three to me. :razz:

Guest optimistic nit

a 29/30 year old costing 15million? if thats the price on deco's head, then no fucking way.

Seen Appiah a few times and his game has always looked to be ideally suited to the Premier League. Would love him here.

Not sure about Deco, especially for £15m...

Cassano - bargepole time. 

Guest nufcandy

i love steve appiah, his interviews are class. "I LOVE GHANA" is his catchphrase

edit : cassano is a cock and deco wont happen tbh

a 29/30 year old costing 15million? if thats the price on deco's head, then no fucking way.

Spread that outlay over his three years here and it suddenly seems to bad right?

I thought Appiah had an excellent game against us at St James' in the Uefa Cup last season - he bossed the midfield, looked strong and very calm and assured on the ball, think he would be an excellent signing.

Deco - maybe but probably not for 15mill

Cassano - seems like a bit of an arse to me and dont think we particularly need another striker if we can keep hold of the ones we have at the minute

What were you people expecting to pay for Deco? 6m? Taking the piss tbh.

If we could convince him to come here then he'd be the touch of world-class we need to link the front and the back. Never relied on pace in his game at all either so he's looking at at least 4 more years at the very top. Well worth 15m.

Honestly never seen much of Appiah, but I have been advocating getting some sort of brick shithouse in to play CM so I'd be excited by him.

Cassano would be a terrible idea, obviously.

I thought Appiah had an excellent game against us at St James' in the Uefa Cup last season - he bossed the midfield, looked strong and very calm and assured on the ball, think he would be an excellent signing.

Deco - maybe but probably not for 15mill

Cassano - seems like a bit of an arse to me and dont think we particularly need another striker if we can keep hold of the ones we have at the minute

Can and has played as an AM as part of a mf three.

Would be shocked to see us moving for Cassano.

There is a big possibility we might bid for Deco, especially now with Dyer on the way out and Barton injured.

I would love Appiah here strangely the most out of the three, he has been amazing everytime ive seen him, runs the show for Ghana, surging forward and organising the midfield. Actually think he is more of a box to box player than Defensive midfielder although he is apt at both.

Sadly, I fear he isnt a player on Big Sams radar. We would have already moved for him if so.

Appiah seemed to me hopeless at Juve.  Has he really improved that much since then?

Henry seemed to me hopeless at Juve. Has he really improved that much since then?

Don't you just get the feeling Cassano would have been nailed on for Sam if he was still at Bolton? Looks just like the El Hadji Diouf situation.

Cassano would be the kind of striker that works in Sams 4-3-3 too. Maybe if Martins left and we didn't want to spend a lot on another striker we could bring him in on loan.

Don't you just get the feeling Cassano would have been nailed on for Sam if he was still at Bolton? Looks just like the El Hadji Diouf situation.

Cassano would be the kind of striker that works in Sams 4-3-3 too. Maybe if Martins left and we didn't want to spend a lot on another striker we could bring him in on loan.

Must admit I have a soft spot for this character. bluerazz.gif