Newcastle 2 - 0 Juventus (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 23

Dave

Half time report:

Given-7 One good stop from the captain.

Carr-7 Some good challenges but failed with crosses.

Rozehnal-7.5 Looks very very composed.

Ramage-7 Good performance, barely giving his man a sniff.

Hunty-6 Only man beaten in the first half, can be forgiven.

Nobby-8 Great passing contribution

Geremi-8 Heartbeat once more, good set pieces.

N'Zogbia-7 Doesn't look out of his depth.

Milner-7.5 Won the penalty, looks very threatening.

Martins-7 Worked hard, play part in second goal.

Luque-7 Took penalty well, coped physically.

Carrol-8 Great workrate, took goal well.

Performance-8

Guest Ebolarama

Like the guys on Century are saying (as if it isn't obvious anyway) it's clear that Luque isn't badly injured, and that Sam has said if any of the guys feel any kind of pain, twinge, or ANYTHING on the pitch, then it's better to come off and prevent anything further happening.

Guest trainer

Agree with a few others getting a left back is a priority Huntington is awful no better than sunday league. And Geremi is showing his true class, he was played out of position at Chelsea, and i hope we dont make the same mistake and play him at RB, the star of today.

Guest Ridzuan

I wonder why Luque was being subtituted so early on in the match.Whatever the reason is,I hope he is not injured because I think he will be an important player for us next season.Glad to see him score again although it was from the penalty spot but I couldnt care less.Carrol looks very impressive since coming on and our two new boys are also looking very impressive so far.I think our worse player so far is N'Zogbia.Hopefully he can improve his performance in the 2nd half and hopefully we can go on and win the game,better still without conceding a goal.

Guest Ebolarama

I wonder why Luque was being subtituted so early on in the match.Whatever the reason is,I hope he is not injured because I think he will be an important player for us next season.Glad to see him score again although it was from the penalty spot but I couldnt care less.Carrol looks very impressive since coming on and our two new boys are also looking very impressive so far.I think our worse player so far is N'Zogbia.Hopefully he can improve his performance in the 2nd half and hopefully we can go on and win the game,better still without conceding a goal.

Seems pretty clear Luque had a bit of a groin niggle. He was pointing at it, apparently. Or maybe that was a subtle message to his wife who is in the crowd apparently, who knows?

Im quite suprised no one has mantioned how Ramage is playing so far.

Or is that just because there simply isnt any need to mention the fact he is playing shit, because its a given?

Done well so far imo.

That average to poor James Milner is looking dangerous again.

Isn't it amazing how so far we haven't missed Barton, who has shown he will be excellent for us, due to Geremi's play.

Luque, yes Albert Luque, has in turn made us forget about lady Owen and her many aches and pains.

Brilliant stuff! :celb:

Was Luque really looking that different before he came off? or has the excitement that he is getting a chance charged the optimism in everyone?

No. Yes.

Excellent. will bang a fiver down for him coming out top scorer this season then!