Faye signs three year deal

STM

Think he meant: find one with prem experience who is available and good enough for the team.

Firstly - Deco: <snigger>

Secondly - no-one good enough for the team??? HE'S  BEEN PLAYING CARR!!! f****** Carr!!! If he can't find anyone better than THAT, he's a worse manager than i thought. And f*** Premiership experience, a new player has only got to replace f****** CARR!!

Agreed.

The worrying thing is Allardyce seems to rate Carr in my opinion which isn't good news for us.

hasn't done anything blatantly wrong so far... but you just know he'll do something stupid.  (carr, just so it's clear)

he was s**** against Villa, and THEY were pretty poor. As he did whenever he's played for us in the past, he'll get raped off decent teams.

Tbf he just didn't have the pace.. Anyway listen i'm not saying he's a good player, he's not, just saying his form has been good.. i would love to have carr sidelined as much as anyone;  i've just said though that there arn't any PL right-backs available, that's  why he's looking abroad. No team is going to sell us their good right-backs (ideally we should be getting first team regulars) with so little time left to find a replacement.

his form has not been good - i draw your attention to the Villa game, m'lud.

You can't use that game mind, nobody played particularly well.

Eh? HE was not very good - you can't say he's been in good form if he's played badly.

i don't know why i get stuck with f*cking defending carr.. ffs his general form has been pretty decent under alladyce. You can disagree, i'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for the same generic response..

its not as if i want him though.. so this disscussion is rather silly. lets just agree that he's sh*yt

DEAL OFF

according to the bolton evening news

Not on any of the Bolton forums yet.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's true. I don't think Gartside wants to sell to us, and he's probably just been trying to jerk us around.

If its true that the deal is off then what the fuck are Bolton playing at? The lad obviously wants to go, we wnat to sign him - its serious sour grapes from their point of view not selling to us.

Small time charlies. I hope they go down

If its true that the deal is off then what the fuck are Bolton playing at? The lad obviously wants to go, we wnat to sign him - its serious sour grapes from their point of view not selling to us.

The same could have been said about us on a West Ham board over the Dyer saga a few week back...

The same could have been said about us on a West Ham board over the Dyer saga a few week back...

I wonder if we've tapped the player in question up weeks in advance to a move being made as well?

Fair play if we have done and now Bolton won't sell to us.

I wonder if we've tapped the player in question up weeks in advance to a move being made as well?

Who said West Ham tapped Dyer up?

Link with quotes would be lovely. O0

If its true that the deal is off then what the f*** are Bolton playing at? The lad obviously wants to go, we wnat to sign him - its serious sour grapes from their point of view not selling to us.

Fair point. Dyers a little cunt though... and West Ham are deplorable... so they deserved it! We on the other hand dont.. do we  ???

made up shite to justify our actions? Check.

Sam said he is happy with our squad

im not

If he's happy, then he's an idiot. If he's just saying it to keep players happy until he finds better,fair enough.

The fact that he looks to have been attempting to sign Beletti and Faye would suggest he knows it needs improvement.

Allardyce has done superbly well to bring in the players he has. In an ideal world, which obviously doesn't exist, we'd have a new centre-half, right-back and attacking midfielder/playmaker too perhaps. Rebuilding the squad is a huge task and we're only part of the way through it. I'm sure Allardyce realises we need further strengthening as much as the rest of us but you have to be realistic about what can and can't be achieved in a single transfer window.

Allardyce has done superbly well to bring in the players he has. In an ideal world, which obviously doesn't exist, we'd have a new centre-half, right-back and attacking midfielder/playmaker too perhaps. Rebuilding the squad is a huge task and we're only part of the way through it. I'm sure Allardyce realises we need further strengthening as much as the rest of us but you have to be realistic about what can and can't be achieved in a single transfer window.

Spot on I reckon. My only slight criticism is that I would prefer him to be busting a gut to get a decent RB in before the deadline, but there's a good chance that's happening anyway.

Sam said he is happy with our squad

im not

If he's happy, then he's an idiot. If he's just saying it to keep players happy until he finds better,fair enough.

The fact that he looks to have been attempting to sign Beletti and Faye would suggest he knows it needs improvement.

we don't know how seriously he's chased anyone, of course.