Faye signs three year deal

STM

We need some sort of clarification from Big Sam on this deal, or its just going to drag on and probably take our attention of other targets.

I don't think its coincidence that Chelsea have agreed a fee with Barca for Belletti while we try to push this Faye deal through

aye because if we really wanted him, he would have stopped making contact with chelsea all together

I'm sooooo excited by this deal I can't find the words to express it. For me there are more pressing concerns an RB and a creative midfielder is where our time and effort should be spent.

Guest sicko2ndbest

NUFC.COM retracting their previous statement

Faye OK KO!

We reported earlier on Thursday that the on -off transfer of Bolton's Abdoulaye Faye looked as if it would be concluded this week.

However that optimism may well have been misplaced, after the Trotters website published quotes from Sammy Lee as follows:

"I have spoken to Abdoulaye and he has worked hard this week on the training ground and is eager to play on Saturday.

"I did leave him out of the last two matches, against Fulham and Portsmouth, because I felt the speculation was getting to him and it has been difficult for the boy.

"He has responded well this week and he will come into contention against Reading at the weekend."

PS - Chelsea have signed their third Toon target of this transfer window, after completing the purchase of Juliano Belletti from Barcelona.

The Brazilian-born defender follows Steven Sidwell of Reading and Bolton's Tal Ben Haim in opting for a move to Stamford Bridge rather than Tyneside. Allegedly.

Guest Toon83

It doesnt look like this is going to go through, so for the best interests of the club its time to move on to the next target.

Bolton clearly dont want to sell and are just dragging there heals aslong as they can, if i were Big Sam i would just tell them to stick it were the sun don't shine.

We need a right back and a creative midfielder

It doesnt look like this is going to go through, so for the best interests of the club its time to move on to the next target.

Bolton clearly dont want to sell and are just dragging there heals aslong as they can, if i were Big Sam i would just tell them to stick it were the sun don't shine.

We need a right back and a creative midfielder

People don't really think we just sit there waiting for one transfer to go through before we go to the next one do they ? If that was true we wouldn't have signed so many people so quickly. If this one doesn't go through I can't see us going for anyone else so I wouldn't get your hopes up Sams said he's happy with what he has just wants to strengthen.

I reckon the whole "he will be playing this weekend" is possibly a scare tactic to get us to go closer to what they want. Bit like when we decided to use Dyer again (well in friendlies).

I can't see why they would leave him out for 2 (or was it 3?) games because his head wasn't right.

My guess is that there's a standoff which will get resolved in the last few days or hours before the deadline. We're not so desperate to land him that we're prepared to be ripped off, but in the end something will get sorted.

Meanwhile, Lee is so desperate for a result that he's now prepared to pick a player who he knows is only half-committed.

Guest Guinness

Seems fair enough that we don't want to pay over the odds for a player who is out of contract next year. We still need more defensive cover so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement before the transfer window closes.

Diop's a needless signing because he's only a central midfield player - which, in my opinion, we don't really need*. Faye's a good signing because he's a centre-back aswell as a centre-mid. CB still being the more pressing need...

And for £2m that's excellent value for money - not to mention his actual ability as a player.

*Once Barton's back, that's five CMs, and Butt should drop out of the team then.

I agree McClane, his versatility is what would make him (Faye) such an asset.  McCormick that may have been the case with the DR deal, but Big Sam is, by his own admission, not involved in negotiations anymore

While we're on the subject, I really hate your new username Yorkie.

It's just kind of lame really, don't see what was wrong with Y-G?

:rolleyes: coz 'shark' is propa cool innit.

:lol: I apologise that my username disturbs you so, Shak mate. ;)

Guest microbar

Would not loss any sleep over faye not singing for us,

He's just an average squad player,

We lost out again to chelsea for the players that would make a difference to this club,

We need to start flashing the cash for a good RB. And a creative midfielder,

Are you listening mr ashley, Looks like mid table for us same old same old.  :-[