Idiots booing Dyer

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Aye what was that about, seemed to take an age to get the kid under control, lots of coppers too.

changing the topic, did anyone see people getting arrested/kicked out in the leazes end? My eyesight isn't great so I couldn't make too much out at the other end.

Aye, apparently there was a 15 year old lad sat there pissed and was causing trouble, the steward said he'd go get the police and the lad told him to do so. 4/5 coppers came and he was spitting and punching them and trying to struggle. In the end, two coppers grabbed his arms, two grabbed his legs and they carried him down the stairs and out the ground :lol:

Didn't see much of the other incident, although I saw a copper hop over the wall, his hat fell off, rolled down his arm, flipped up in the air and he caught it and it landed on his head :lol: He then bowed and ran off down the exit.

Justifies the £25+ price of a match ticket. Any lower and you get all the tramps in.

Guest Knightrider

Saw quite a few Juve supporters on the way out, fair play. Difficult to spot them in colours for obvious reasons.

Noticed one or two kicking about the Gallowgate wearing Toon and Juve scarves, didn't seem to offend anyone. Maybe they were Tyneside based Italians there just to watch a match containing a team from their homeland and not exactly Juve fans.

Saw quite a few Juve supporters on the way out, fair play. Difficult to spot them in colours for obvious reasons.

Noticed one or two kicking about the Gallowgate wearing Toon and Juve scarves, didn't seem to offend anyone. Maybe they were Tyneside based Italians there just to watch a match containing a team from their homeland and not exactly Juve fans.

Aye, like you say, a lot of the 'Italians' we get at these matches are Geordios. Can't imagine many made the trip over.

Yeah, my guess was they were ex-pats who just fancied seeing a game, I'm sure I'd do the same.

back to the original topic, it pisses me off when people say 'never boo a player who is wearing the shirt'! Why the hell not. If a player publicly states that he doesnt want to play for our club then he shouldnt play. If a player is a total knob and constantly takes the piss out of our club then weve got the right to boo him. People are so high and mighty about booing, if people want to do it then they've got every right to do it.

back to the original topic, it pisses me off when people say 'never boo a player who is wearing the shirt'! Why the hell not. If a player publicly states that he doesnt want to play for our club then he shouldnt play. If a player is a total knob and constantly takes the piss out of our club then weve got the right to boo him. People are so high and mighty about booing, if people want to do it then they've got every right to do it.

People can do what they like, but don't you think it sounds a bit childish? I mean even in the context of grown men and women getting well wound-up by a game.

Guest Knightrider

Because it makes you look like a nob for a start and personally embarrasses our club. Forget the player for a moment, booing is childish and so fucking pathetic. It is to football what dancing to the Birdy song is.

Guest Knightrider

On the subs bench was a youth prospect that seems to be having a look around a few clubs to see who to join. What impression would the booing give him?

Probably doesn't even register in the tiny money, fame, birds and burning of notes mind of the average footballer today. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guest prestonj1989

I thought Dyer had a great game today. Looked very dangerous on the ball but made his usual sloppy mistakes like giving the ball away unneccesarily. I was personally annoyed when i heard the booing but was expecting it to be honest.

He clearly put in maximum effort today but that may have been to attract as many clubs to him as possible now he wants to leave or hopefully it was because he felt bad and wanted to please the Toon fans.... Doubt the latter is the case though.

Guest Geordie_Paul

I haven't read the rest of the thread but tbh what i saw of Dyer during his warm-up was someone that couldn't be arsed and that really was just biding his time, granted when he played i'll be the first to admit he tried his arse off and was unlucky on a couple of occasions, but that warm-up along with his lack of acknowledgement and the fact he ran straight off down the tunnel is a sure fact that he will be leaving soon unless something drastic happens.

I say whoever gets him will have a damn good player, but if someone doesn't want to play for the club then he shouldn't, simple as!

The people that booed want him to leave.  He has said himself that he wants to.  And it looks like it's nailed on that he will. 

A waste of time, I agree.  But in this case who cares? 

It's not like this is the first time he has been booed, fact is he's a hated man in Newcastle, so why would he want to stay?

if hes wearing a  black and white shirt you dont boo him even if hes a wanker!

Anyone who's paid there wedge can voice there opinion.

All this 'you shouldn't boo your own players' is total and utter shit. Dyer lifts enough money every year to embarrass a lottery winner - fuck him.

People shouldn't do shoes off or sing Shearer songs because its embarrassing but its ok to pretend you have gone to a panto because you have paid your money to get in?

Double standards tbh.

I haven't read the rest of the thread but tbh what i saw of Dyer during his warm-up was someone that couldn't be arsed and that really was just biding his time, granted when he played i'll be the first to admit he tried his arse off and was unlucky on a couple of occasions, but that warm-up along with his lack of acknowledgement and the fact he ran straight off down the tunnel is a sure fact that he will be leaving soon unless something drastic happens.

I say whoever gets him will have a damn good player, but if someone doesn't want to play for the club then he shouldn't, simple as!

I don't care if someone sits on their arse the whole warm up reading a comic if they put the effort he put in today. (obviously would be bothered about potential injuries but that wasn't your point).

Guest Geordie_Paul

I don't care if someone sits on their arse the whole warm up reading a comic if they put the effort he put in today. (obviously would be bothered about potential injuries but that wasn't your point).

What you have to ask yourself though is was that because people were booing him or was that generally because he wanted to do well for the team?? I thought he tried his fucking arse off but when he ran straight down the tunnel without shaking hands with anyone it just proved the fact he wanted to get out of there so was he also possibly doing it to try and get noticed!?

Either way i don't think you can deny the lad has talent but as i said originally, why keep a player that doesn't want to play for the team?

Was it the "Ultras" booing him? Waste of time booing him.

Thought he did ok when he came on, looked like he was puting a lot of effort in.

he was probably putting in a lot of effort in the hope that Jol or Curbs were watching. personally i hope he stays, i think he can be good under allardyce, same goes for emre and luque, best of luck to them

Last season Nicky Butt came out and said a number of players were half-arsed and not trying every game. I'll be fucking surprised if one of those criticised wasn't K. Dyer. I'll not miss him.

Guest Morph

My dad was up there with my sister, and apparently he turned round and started shouting back, and whenever Dyer got the ball he cheered and was shouting for him :lol:

Got the usual "Fucking moron's sitting around me" when I got back tonight like.  Mind you, my sister enjoyed it, so thats all I care about.

Last season Nicky Butt came out and said a number of players were half-arsed and not trying every game. I'll be fucking surprised if one of those criticised wasn't K. Dyer. I'll not miss him.

Been through pretty much the entire squad now haven't we?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Idiots! Are these the same idiots who have been paying his wages over the past 8 seasons!?