Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good news imo. At last a player with guts and a similar determination to win as Bellamy.

Nice thought. Craig Bellamys medal count in the English league at present is zero though.

Whats that got to do with guts and determination ? Think about why we are all having trouble suggesting a club captain. Its because no c*** in our team last year had any spine.

It is the win bit I was pointing out. Bellamy is never going to be captain material and I have no idea what you are harping on about that for. Neither is Smith but  he's nearer than CB. Will to win doesnt mean winner. There are lots of other factors that go into it. Like a brain, teamwork on and off the pitch etc. See Bellamys 'performance' at Wolves in the cup for that determination. He was more concerned with showing their fans his pay cheque than winning a game we had a chance in. Not denying Bellamy tries hard usually but he isnt what this club needs. Spine doesnt mean captain material either. Helps but it isnt the only factor. Agree we do need grafters, just prefer grafters with a bit of talent and the other factors I mentioned earlier. Nb: If CB was here he would have my support. He isnt and tbh I am not upset by it. Others currently at the club come into that category. We replaced Bellamy with better. If we do the same with Dyer then thats fine too. It becomes a problem when we don't and the numbskulls don't consider that he just might be here next season. Smith certainly isnt a like for like.

I think you have misunderstood me. I couldn`t give a flying f*** about Bellamy tbh, I was just comparing their likeness in a determination to win. We had and still have too many players whos heads drop the second things go tits up. Smith is not that type of player. I think he would be very handy for tough away games. Unlike alot of our players he won`t get forced off the ball by a mere breeze.

I agree he'll give us that. Roy Keane commented on that about him when he reverted to his position in midfield. My point is that we need a bit of both. Smiths mentaility with Dyer or Bellamys pace and we couldnt afford him. But we do need something like the pace either of those two offered. I'm not against Smith at all. Think he would be a decent addition. Just think we need him and more besides.

Good news imo. At last a player with guts and a similar determination to win as Bellamy.

Nice thought. Craig Bellamys medal count in the English league at present is zero though.

Whats that got to do with guts and determination ? Think about why we are all having trouble suggesting a club captain. Its because no c*** in our team last year had any spine.

It is the win bit I was pointing out. Bellamy is never going to be captain material and I have no idea what you are harping on about that for. Neither is Smith but  he's nearer than CB. Will to win doesnt mean winner. There are lots of other factors that go into it. Like a brain, teamwork on and off the pitch etc. See Bellamys 'performance' at Wolves in the cup for that determination. He was more concerned with showing their fans his pay cheque than winning a game we had a chance in. Not denying Bellamy tries hard usually but he isnt what this club needs. Spine doesnt mean captain material either. Helps but it isnt the only factor. Agree we do need grafters, just prefer grafters with a bit of talent and the other factors I mentioned earlier. Nb: If CB was here he would have my support. He isnt and tbh I am not upset by it. Others currently at the club come into that category. We replaced Bellamy with better. If we do the same with Dyer then thats fine too. It becomes a problem when we don't and the numbskulls don't consider that he just might be here next season. Smith certainly isnt a like for like.

I think you have misunderstood me. I couldn`t give a flying f*** about Bellamy tbh, I was just comparing their likeness in a determination to win. We had and still have too many players whos heads drop the second things go tits up. Smith is not that type of player. I think he would be very handy for tough away games. Unlike alot of our players he won`t get forced off the ball by a mere breeze.

I agree he'll give us that. Roy Keane commented on that about him when he reverted to his position in midfield. My point is that we need a bit of both. Smiths mentaility with Dyer or Bellamys pace and we couldnt afford him. But we do need something like the pace either of those two offered. I'm not against Smith at all. Think he would be a decent addition. Just think we need him and more besides.

True we do need more than him but as said by most managers there are less quality players out there avalible nowadays and plenty of clubs have cash to spend on the few that are.

Content to get him in as long as we still have funds for a couple of defenders, and that we don't have to sell anyone other than Dyer to do so.

Getting Smith in for roughly what we sell Dyer and N'Zogbia for would completely offset all the good business we've done in the transfer market this summer thus far.

If Smith comes in and N'Zogbia goes then it'll be a f****** shocking bad piece of business for us.

Agreed entirely.

That's true, however, Sam has already said on several occasions that he only wants players who want to play for the club, he also stated he wants to keep N'Zogbia which leads us to believe the player wants to leave which has been mooted before.

Sam said he wants 4-4-2. Where would Smith play in a 4-3-3, he hasn't got the pace to play as a winger.

I'd say there's a very good chance we'll play different formations for different games, in which case he'd be useful in the middle of a 4-3-3.

Has done a job in a 4-4-2 before, as Baggio said he'd be a useful AM.

But he's more suited to a 4-3-3, fo' sho!

Goodish purchase I've got no real reservations and we're just going to have to go with Sam's calls without having real behind the scenes knowledge of what is going on or indeed what he wants for his formations.