Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sombrero

I can not believe that so many people are being negative about Alan Smith, he will give you 100% in every game he plays, he has created almost double amount of goals that Keiron Dyer, and he plays almost double the games Dyer plays, apart Smith's terrible injury he is almost nearly fit for most of the season, he is strong and direct and is a battler, just what we need at Newcastle.

Give the lad a chance, he is coming here to prove people wrong and I hope he does, the prospect of Smith behind Owen and Viduka or Martins to me is a exciting one especially when we have Butt, Barton, Geremi as cover and Milner running down the wings 

good post.

a quality player when at leeds who lost his way at man yoo through a combination of an appalling injury and very limited oportunities. a focussed, committed team player with a decent eye for goal (has scored some marvellous ones too), i just cannot see where all this pessimism is coming from.

we're a strictly second tier draw in the prem right now with precious little cash to chance on 'big names' - been there, done that and got nowhere, so i for one am more than happy with this more pragmatic, sensible approach to our transfers. allardyce is clearly trying to add some much needed steel to last season's surrender monkeys. those who think this is at the expense of skill are dreaming - viduka, barton, geremi, rozenhal, smith are all decent ball players who understand the virtues of the passing game. sven has already blazed through over 30 mil compared to our 2 odd mil, and will citeh be finishing above us in the league next season? will they f*ck.

your guys are right, i guess i was being a little negative because he came from man u. but i suppose when you get serious with football, alan smith is definately a much needed improvement esppecially when u think about last seasons performance.

no way will city finsih above us, ill bet on that!:)

Still not confirmed another transfer taking ages to confirm

You are quality.

To calm your nerves, the Smith deal will be discussed on SSN shortly, it was just on the headlines.

Reckon that if the Drago deal is nearly there all 3 will be announced at once, why waste your free Orange minutes ringing David Craig 3 times in one day?

You are quality.

To calm your nerves, the Smith deal will be discussed on SSN shortly, it was just on the headlines.

Reckon that if the Drago deal is nearly there all 3 will be announced at once, why waste your free Orange minutes ringing David Craig 3 times in one day?

:lol:

Is he exclusively a SSN's NUFC reporter?

I never see him doing anything else, probably relocated the poor bastard as well.

You are quality.

I never see him doing anything else, probably relocated the poor b****** as well.

Got to feel sorry for the poor bloke. Just gets thrown around from the Riverside to SoL to St James' from day-to-day, gets mobbed by charvers when a transfer is made or a manager is sacked/appointed. Bet he hates his job. :lol:

You are quality.

I never see him doing anything else, probably relocated the poor b****** as well.

Got to feel sorry for the poor bloke. Just gets thrown around from the Riverside to SoL to St James' from day-to-day, gets mobbed by charvers when a transfer is made or a manager is sacked/appointed. Bet he hates his job. :lol:

The way he sneaked up on Smith though was classic.

Really took him by surprise and basically got a scoop out of nothing (or 100% confirmation Smith was in talks)

You are quality.

Best Mates with TalkSports Graham 'Expecting a good game today' Courtney no doubt.

DC did get to do the Evening show with Ian Payne last night, kept mentioning Smith so maybe he was getting edgy about having to report on other insignificant teams like Arsenal and Chelsea

Guest Toon83

<Snip. Please do not hotlink to the official site.>

shot of Smith training and wearing the number 7

could this mean Barton is switching to number 8?

<Snip. Please do not hotlink to the official site.>

shot of Smith training and wearing the number 7

could this mean Barton is switching to number 8?

Just happened to be the top he put on would be my guess.