Boukary Drame joins Sochaux

Guest hindu times

Shearer is 5' 11'' and we all know he's a midget who's useless in the air.

FFS.

how about how useless someone 5'11' is at defending a corner against Shearer?

Cannavaro at the San Siro for a start!

Guest Moe-Ali

Its not about how big you are really, but how big you play, martins is not a tall man by anyones ruler, but he wins his fair share of headers. Whereas boumsong, a relatively tall man, played like he was 5'6 130 pounds.

No idea if he's any good as haven't seen him play. Sounds promising though, 5'11, pacy plays for senegal and PSG, second best LB in France, so if he checks out sign him as we are desperate.

5'11" is tiny, I'm 5'10" and I'm a short-arse.

5'11" tiny? ???  Its above average height, and more then tall enough for a left back.

No idea if he's any good as haven't seen him play. Sounds promising though, 5'11, pacy plays for senegal and PSG, second best LB in France, so if he checks out sign him as we are desperate.

5'11" is tiny, I'm 5'10" and I'm a short-arse.

5'11" tiny? ???  Its above average height, and more then tall enough for a left back.

Would make a lovely Catwalk model

Who the f*** measures people in centimetres??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Why not? Who the f*** measures people in foot??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Because others have another way of doing it then it makes them odd?

Anyways back to the topic, if he's that promising.. i believe that f****** spurs or any other teams like chelsea would have a look at him. And even drenthe won't be rated at a cheap 1m pounds.

Yes. Odd and threatening to my way of life. And I think you'll find that non-foreigners use feet and inches, this is traditional going back to the days when they discovered Winston Churchill's feet measured exactly 12 inches.

We'll be weighing them in litres next.

Guest exilim

Who the f*** measures people in centimetres??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Why not? Who the f*** measures people in foot??? (excluding oddball foreigners of course)

Because others have another way of doing it then it makes them odd?

Anyways back to the topic, if he's that promising.. i believe that f****** spurs or any other teams like chelsea would have a look at him. And even drenthe won't be rated at a cheap 1m pounds.

Yes. Odd and threatening to my way of life. And I think you'll find that non-foreigners use feet and inches, this is traditional going back to the days when they discovered Winston Churchill's feet measured exactly 12 inches.

We'll be weighing them in litres next.

Can't imagine how measuring in cm instead of feet threatens your way of life. :lol:

Obviously, i'm desperate for us to sort the wing-back situation out. Something we haven't done properly, like ever. Warren Barton's the only wing-back we've ever paid money for.

But it's inevitable that we'll be going to the continent for cheapos. Doesn't sound too bad, in all honesty. Youngster with promise, already in his respective international set-up, Big Sam's obviously watched him and showed an interest while at Bolton - and from what we can gather so far from Rozehnal - the guy might be a promising prospect.

Guest exilim

Obviously, i'm desperate for us to sort the wing-back situation out. Something we haven't done properly, like ever. Warren Barton's the only wing-back we've ever paid money for.

But it's inevitable that we'll be going to the continent for cheapos. Doesn't sound too bad, in all honesty. Youngster with promise, already in his respective international set-up, Big Sam's obviously watched him and showed an interest while at Bolton - and from what we can gather so far from Rozehnal - the guy might be a promising prospect.

Let's buy him a car and welcome him back!

If he was that good and only cost £1 million then Allardyce would have signed him weeks ago, even if it was only to be back up.

wind back to his quotes of a few days ago about having to now bring the quantity he wants rather than the quality

this might be the case in point?

Guest exilim

If he was that good and only cost £1 million then Allardyce would have signed him weeks ago, even if it was only to be back up.

He had his sights set on more experienced english left backs but obviously there aren't any available.

Or there just aren't any cash for him thus he couldn't get good proven left backs (giving excuses that there aren't any top class left back in the business now)

Or the players just simply doesn't want to come.

He have his sights set on more experienced left backs but obviously there aren't any or there just aren't any cash for him thus he couldn't get good proven left backs (giving excuses that there aren't any top class left back in the business now) or the players just simply doesn't want to come.

So we've gone from a chairman who backs his manager to one that doesn't. Great.

Blatantly a fall-back option. :rolleyes:

He could have simply exhausted his options at home who he thought were his immediate best bets (Bridge, Heinze, Silvestre, Shorey, Baines?) and had to move outside of the "experienced Premiership defender" bracket, which is exactly what he said he might have to do last week. He hasn't been able to get in his ideal targets and so has moved onto what he probably sees as the "next best thing" - isn't this a good way of working? Isn't that how we ended up with Martins?

Whether this is because they've all turned us down or we can't afford them is anyone's guess.

Guest exilim

He have his sights set on more experienced left backs but obviously there aren't any or there just aren't any cash for him thus he couldn't get good proven left backs (giving excuses that there aren't any top class left back in the business now) or the players just simply doesn't want to come.

I wouldn't want thanksin to be our chairman despite his cash tbh.

I wouldn't want thanksin to be our chairman despite his cash tbh.

agreed - of all of the takeovers that's the one that looks destined to end in tears one way or another....

"He's so good, that France have tried to get him registered to play for them"

Sounds good.

Its good that he played with Rozehnal too, will create a good understanding at the back, and will help them both settle in well.

Guest exilim

If we miss out on these players during the African cup, it might be good for our youngsters as they will get a taste of first team football.

It might be a good challenge for the young lads because they are determined to perform better so they could catch the eye for that one month.

Tho Huntington's performance yesterday makes me wonder.

Blatantly a fall-back option. :rolleyes:

He could have simply exhausted his options at home who he thought were his immediate best bets (Bridge, Heinze, Silvestre, Shorey, Baines?) and had to move outside of the "experienced Premiership defender" bracket, which is exactly what he said he might have to do last week. He hasn't been able to get in his ideal targets and so has moved onto what he probably sees as the "next best thing" - isn't this a good way of working? Isn't that how we ended up with Martins?

Whether this is because they've all turned us down or we can't afford them is anyone's guess.

We went in for Martins when he handed a transfer request in at Inter, up until them I'd have said he would have been viewed as being out of our league.

Allardyce has already said that he can get the quantity but not sure about the quality so I'm not going to holding my breath that this lad is up to much although I hope I'm wrong, as I've said if this lad was good value at £1 million he would have brought him in as a squad player weeks ago.