Martins not for sale - Sam

Guest gggg

Guest firetotheworks

It wouldnt surprise me if those quotes were from Alan Oliver, his one man hate crusade against Martins is beyond pathetic, its blind.

Are Beresford and Oliver best mates? Beresford slated Oba all the way through the game today on Setanta. There seems to be a concerted effort to get rid of Oba by a small clique. He obviously doesn't give interviews to Anal :idiot2:, could it be as simple as that?

Guest Texasmag

Also the article says "There have been firmer denials, but Chris Mort, Freddy Shepherd’s successor as chairman, insists that further transfers are not reliant on Allardyce generating funds. “The club has money to spend on new players and we are keen to continue investing it well,” Mort said.

Lets hope this shuts the doom mongers up!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guinness

News of the World "reporting" £9 million bid from Arsenal for Martins today.

:sleepy2:

Sunday paper in Martins to leave Newcastle storey shock.

Even if they did bid £9m we'd turn it down.

The worrying thing is, if they want him and have indeed started bidding at 9m, they will have no trouble bidding the remaining 4. We need to get his new contract negotiation sealed asap.

Hed have to be mad to sign a new contract with Arsenal sniffing around though.

The worrying thing is, if they want him and have indeed started bidding at 9m, they will have no trouble bidding the remaining 4. We need to get his new contract negotiation sealed asap.

You are seriously taking the piss.

Fucking hell they don't give up do they? Transfer window will close and it will be "Martins set to sign for Arsenal after they found a loophole in the premier league rules that if I players is a 22 year old Nigerian he can sign outside the transfer window"

Am I? Why?

Do you believe everything you read in the papers, mate? Because that's certainly the impression I get from you.

You're quite happy to complain about Ashley and Mort's intentions for the club, yet practically every single story that comes from the People, the Sun, the Mirror and the News of the World (papers with notoriously bad reputations) that has some bad-vibes about it you'll be there in the thread saying "oh dear, if this is true then it's bad news for us..."

Do you understand why I find that frustrating?

Take a step back and have a look at the stance you take on almost everything that is posted on here, you are always, always looking for the negatives and always seem to be expecting the worst-case scenario. I can understand that people are pessimists and all and I don't hold it against people who have differing opinions to mine, but when people seem to take their cue from what is written about us in the Sunday papers especially, it annoys me somewhat.

f****** hell they don't give up do they? Transfer window will close and it will be "Martins set to sign for Arsenal after they found a loophole in the premier league rules that if a players is a 22 year old Nigerian he can sign outside the transfer window"

We could always play the "he's 28" card :lol:

Is there no quality control when it comes to what these people print? Does it not matter how accurate a story is these days? The papers have been worse than ever this summer, a fucking joke.

Am I? Why?

Your glass always seems to be half empty!

Stop worrying so much, he's not leaving mate.

Am I? Why?

Do you believe everything you read in the papers, mate? Because that's certainly the impression I get from you.

You're quite happy to complain about Ashley and Mort's intentions for the club, yet practically every single story that comes from the People, the Sun, the Mirror and the News of the World (papers with notoriously bad reputations) that has some bad-vibes about it you'll be there in the thread saying "oh dear, if this is true then it's bad news for us..."

Do you understand why I find that frustrating?

Take a step back and have a look at the stance you take on almost everything that is posted on here, you are always, always looking for the negatives and always seem to be expecting the worst-case scenario. I can understand that people are pessimists and all and I don't hold it against people who have differing opinions to mine, but when people seem to take their cue from what is written about us in the Sunday papers especially, it annoys me somewhat.

That's just laughable, it really is.. I don't take anything from the Sunday rags as you call them for granted. All I've pointed out here is that if Arsenal has bid 9 million, that's a worry because Martins would be as good as gone. I haven't even reacted to the latest stories regarding Ashley naming a price or whatever (check the latest Ashley thread, I haven't even posted in it). My stance on that rumour is the same as this one: if there is any truth in it than that's a worry. The fact is I agree with your last comments in that thread regarding the papers needing to sell their stories, so I don't know why you're singling me out with this critisism because it is certainly not deserved. All I have been advocating for a while is that I felt Ashley and Mort needed to come out more and explain their plans and intentions, especially just after the takeover. Since then, I have praised (on this forum) Mort's handling of the media and what he's communicated to us has largely reduced my sceptisism. Ashley has remained as quiet as ever, but if that's what he wants than that's fine as long as Mort is his mouthpiece. The club can't help what journalists write, but they can influence their own actions and communications, which sometimes have been promising and at other times has been worrying. I am fully aware of the fact that media reports are just that and I don´t know what has given you the impression that I´m not? Am I not allowed to discuss media reports conditionally (if... then...) just like everybody else? Seriously, you need to lighten up a bit. Rather than keep pointing out that I have some obsession with everything that could be construed as negative for the club you should have a long, hard look at yourself and ask yourself why you seem so obsessed with communicating your disgust over every innocent comment I make.

Sorry, just seen this now...

Did you miss the part where I used "if" in my post?

...you'll be there in the thread saying "oh dear, if this is true then it's bad news for us..."

I understand you're saying "if", but you surely cannot deny your response to numerous stories like this over the summer, and I've only called you on about three of them! Have we had more interaction than that? Also, on at least one occasion my response to your ridiculousness has been very tongue-in-cheek. The victim thing won't work here mate, it's simply not true, and telling me to "lighten up"? I'm not the one predicting bloody doom and gloom from almost every story I see! :lol:

That hyopcrisy has almost knocked me from my chair. :laugh:

Unless I have some mistaken opinion of myself, I tend to find I have one of the rosiest outlooks on most things that get discussed here, looking for the good in everything rather than the bad.

Finally, of course you are entitled to discuss media reports, and sometimes you tend to make some very valid arguments that nobody else has raised, but I was just pointing out my personal frustration with the stance you adopt on practically every two-bit story that gets printed in the Sunday papers. I apologise if that's upset you somewhat, but I have assumed it is fair play to criticise perceived idiocy on here - everyone else does it - and usually in far worse ways than I did yesterday.

Chillax.

I am worried that if Man Ure or another "big" club do bid for him then he may be off, if Sam is going to keep on taking him off to play Owen then Oba is going to be thinking "well thats me dropped as soon as Owen if fit."

I am just hoping no one makes a bid for him..

I am worried that if Man Ure or another "big" club do bid for him then he may be off, if Sam is going to keep on taking him off to play Owen then Oba is going to be thinking "well thats me dropped as soon as Owen if fit."

But Owen won't stay fit so he will play alot of games.

But Owen won't stay fit so he will play alot of games.

Owen fit? Scoring goals? Never.