What? Even from the BBC WEBSITE?

Tell me your interpretation of the term 'blanket ban' then?  :lol:

I take it my new edit is allowed....

Gretna V Falkirk Highlights.

<snipped. Blanket ban on footie videos mate>

Surely if its posted on the bloody BBC website, its fine.

As for Kruls' debut? Quality saves and performance!

Have met him a few times at work and hes a nice guy. Wish him well and look forward to seeing him back with lots of experience under his belt :)

Gretna V Falkirk Highlights.

<snipped. Blanket ban on footie videos mate>

Surely if its posted on the bloody BBC website, its fine.

As for Kruls' debut? Quality saves and performance!

Have met him a few times at work and hes a nice guy. Wish him well and look forward to seeing him back with lots of experience under his belt :)

I am not sure the exact rule but I guess its easier for the mods to have a complete ban then its saves on the mongs going "BUT OMG I SAW A VIDEO DA OVA DAY ON HERE, WHY IZ YOU PICKING ON ME YOU NAZI!!!1111ONEONEONE!!!"

Dutch Star Sets Sights On Toon Future

By Craig Hope

DUTCH goalkeeper Tim Krul has targeted the No.1 jersey at Newcastle United as he gears up for an Old Firm double-header with loan club Falkirk.

The 19-year-old stopper made an impressive start to his Bairns loan spell with a clean sheet in Saturday's 4-0 victory over SPL newcomers Gretna.

And Krul is now relishing the prospect of games against Champions Celtic on Saturday and Rangers at Ibrox the following weekend.

"I'm enjoying it and there are a couple of great games coming up which I can't wait to play in," Tim told nufc.co.uk.

"Like any player I need to get experience, Shay Given is the number one so I need to play games and I'm happy to get the chance in the SPL at Falkirk.

"Sam Allardyce said this is my last step towards getting into the team. He said I can save balls, now I need to do it regularly. It's not all about one game. I'm glad he let me go on loan."

And Krul has set his long-term sights on securing the Toon goalkeeper's jersey after getting a taste for first-team action with his match-winning display in Palermo last season.

But the 19-year-old admits he was left frustrated after picking up a cartilage injury just days after his heroics in Sicily.

"Last season was very frustrating for me," added the Holland Under-21 star.

"I was really happy with my debut, but five days after I did my meniscus and I was out for four or five months. I'm really happy to play again. One day you're up there and five days later I needed an operation.

"Long-term I want to be at Newcastle, of course, and I've signed a new four-year deal. I'm happy at Newcastle but Shay Given is the number one and I've got to work hard to get close to him."

www.nufc.co.uk

Krul will be a star no doubt he is a great talent, and he may have to be recalled already if Given's groin has gone again.

I'd rather Krul got those Old Firm games under his belt tbh.

Guest eyeball_tickler

After just one game of his loan spell in Scotland Newcastle look to be forced into requesting a recall for Tim Krul.

The 19 year-old Dutchman looks like being needed to provide cover for Steve Harper, following Shay Given's substitution in the Sampdoria game with a groin problem.

Krul linked up with SPL side Falkirk last week for what was envisaged to be an initial six month loan to gain match experience.

And after impressing on his debut for the Bairns as they beat Gretna 4-0 on Saturday, Krul was back at SJP the following day to see Given forced to leave the field before half time.

Confirmation of the position regarding a recall is awaited, but given that it's for a goalkeeper then an exception can be made where hardship is evident.

With Newcastle having only unproven reserve 'keeper Fraser Forster and fellow youth teamer Mark Cook available, that would seem to constitute an "emergency".

Were Krul to remain in Scotland, his home debut for Falkirk would see him come up against Celtic on Saturday followed by a trip to Ibrox the following week to face the other half of the Old Firm. 

from .com

There's no hurry to get him back. I doubt Harper will go off injured, so if he's sent-off, chances are with 10-men we're screwed anyway, plus at maximum, Forster would probably only play 30 minutes. Krul could then be recalled for the next game where he'll start. I know people will laugh, but is Ian Walker still out of contract? Could do worse than give him a season-long contract to act as 3rd choice keeper and allow Krul to stay out for the season.

There's no hurry to get him back. I doubt Harper will go off injured, so if he's sent-off, chances are with 10-men we're screwed anyway, plus at maximum, Forster would probably only play 30 minutes. Krul could then be recalled for the next game where he'll start. I know people will laugh, but is Ian Walker still out of contract? Could do worse than give him a season-long contract to act as 3rd choice keeper and allow Krul to stay out for the season.

I agree with all of that.

If we really wanted to upgrade Forster on the bench, why not ask Terry Gennoe about young keepers at Celtic. If there is anyone he reckons that is better whom isn't making the bench, what harm is there in making a loan approach, offerring the chance to train with our first-team which includes some excellent strikers, and the chance to sample first-team matchday preparation.