Krul joins Falkirk on loan.

Dave

Guest Ridzuan

Im with Big Sam on this.I dont think there is a need for us to call Krul back because Harper should be able to make it for the few matches while Shay is out,well that is what I hope for.As much as I think Forster shoudnt be considered,I think the situation now doesnt allow that to happen and I think there is nothing wrong if he is ask to replace Harper.

There's no hurry to get him back. I doubt Harper will go off injured, so if he's sent-off, chances are with 10-men we're screwed anyway, plus at maximum, Forster would probably only play 30 minutes. Krul could then be recalled for the next game where he'll start. I know people will laugh, but is Ian Walker still out of contract? Could do worse than give him a season-long contract to act as 3rd choice keeper and allow Krul to stay out for the season.

I agree with this, but perhaps a month-to-month contract, rather than a season-long one.

Out of interest, how far did Adam Sadler make it as a pro?  Heard he got knocked back at Man Utd when he was younger.  He's only 28 or something, could he be registered as a player if push came to shove?

Sam has suggested we may yet get another keeper in while Krul is out on loan.

From the Independent:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2851385.ece

Allardyce in market for Given replacement

By Michael Walker

Published: 10 August 2007

Sam Allardyce said for the first time yesterday that he may be forced to buy another goalkeeper should Shay Given's new groin injury prove to be more stubborn than Newcastle would like. Given is out of Newcastle's opener at Bolton tomorrow, where Steve Harper will stand in, but with Newcastle's third choice keeper, Tim Krul, 19, on loan at Falkirk, Allardyce is thinking of a new signing. "I am sure he [Given] will be OK in two or three weeks," Allardyce said, "but if anything happens to either keeper from then on we have to decide if we need another one. [Krul] is inexperienced, young and with great potential. I don't want to put him in a situation that he is not capable of coping with. Finding another top keeper is something we could have to do."

What is the referee wearing?!

I just switched over and thought it was the keeper running through midfield. :lol:

Ditto :lol: Falkirk play some nice stuff. Latapy (sp?) is class.

Won the T&T Footballer of the Year in 1983, shows how old he is.

Felt sorry for Krul in the end,he done quite well overall and got many plaudits from the commentators.

That red card was a shocker mind,unless the rules in Scotland have changed.

I also thaught the ref was the keeper  ;D

Guest Ridzuan

11 goals in 2 games.. 3 goals in the last 4 minutes... erm

I havnt watched any of Falkirk matches yet,but that kind of statistics is definitely worrying.Nevertheless,I dont think he should be at fault for all the goals,Im sure the defenders must have contributed to it as well.

11 goals from the Old Firm clubs. Falkirk play open attacking football regardless of who they play, most teams in Scotland when they play the Old Firm play the 9-1 formation. Falkirk will get a few whoppings because of this & Krul will be in the firing line a lot.