Krul joins Falkirk on loan.

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

11 goals in 2 games.. 3 goals in the last 4 minutes... erm

I havnt watched any of Falkirk matches yet,but that kind of statistics is definitely worrying.Nevertheless,I dont think he should be at fault for all the goals,Im sure the defenders must have contributed to it as well.

Id think so. Weve conceded buckets of goals over the years despite Given winning our player of the season award a couple of times.

Guest Toonie

Dutch stopper Krul, making his third appearance for Falkirk, was on the wrong end of a 7-2 scoreline as the Bairns were turned over by SPL leaders Rangers at Ibrox.

Ouch, rough day?

I've seen the highlights and to be honest it's much more shocking defending than anything else. At least with a few of them all it needed was a defender to whack it clear but they were too busy doing anything but. I reckon at least three or four of them came from inside the six-yard box and most were rebounds.

One was sort of his fault when he shouldn't have let it slip under his body, but even that wasn't heading in and had to be put in from the rebound.

Guest Bramble OG

They only lost 1-0 cant have had that much of a howler, reading the match report dosnt sound like it either took them over a hour to have a shot on his goal, all it says about the goal is"but in the 90th minute Mehmet's powerful shot squeezed under Tim Krul's body"

Guest Toon Saint

Billy Mehmet is a fkn goal machine, a fkn goal machine, a fkn goal machine........................ :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest michaelfoster

My first thread on Newcastle Online \o/

I read in the Chronicle today that he will remain at Falkirk till the end of the season. Cant find link online

Guest toonlass

Its good to see that the lad is getting plenty of experience under his belt up at Falkirk. I think he will be a great future keeper for us.

I personally think Krul is having a great learning experience up in Scotland and I hope Falkirk have a decent second half to season, by all means I've heard his done pretty well although of course he still is an inexperienced keeper.

The only thing that's bothered me was I read something the other day where Tim Krul said he hadn't even met Sam yet, and he hasn't been up to watch any of the games yet. Now I'm not one of these knee-jerking type people, and I'm sure Sam's got people checking his progress and he's seen tapes, it's just surely you'd go up and meet the lad if he's such a prospect?  ???

I personally think Krul is having a great learning experience up in Scotland and I hope Falkirk have a decent second half to season, by all means I've heard his done pretty well although of course he still is an inexperienced keeper.

The only thing that's bothered me was I read something the other day where Tim Krul said he hadn't even met Sam yet, and he hasn't been up to watch any of the games yet. Now I'm not one of these knee-jerking type people, and I'm sure Sam's got people checking his progress and he's seen tapes, it's just surely you'd go up and meet the lad if he's such a prospect?  ???

I'm sure I read (on nufc.co.uk I think) that he is at the Newcastle training ground every 3 weeks (I think it was) so Allardyce can keep him involved in the squad and to see how he is progressing.

A clean sheet today against Kilmarnock, but he was booked for dissent and then sent off for violent conduct after a late challenge from Frazer Wright.

Nice, I can feel the passion rising in our little gems body, anger stirring......that sounded a little queer actually, oh fuck it, I'll press Post anyway