N'Zogbia to Fulham 'thought to be close' - BBC

James

Duff had a poor season on the back of 6 very good to excellent ones with Blackburn and Chelsea

how the hell does that make N'zogbia a better player? ridiculous

If I had to choose which one to lose I'd rather keep N'Zogbia. Still has a long way to go, sure, but I'd have more hope of him becoming a key player for us than I would for Duff.

Duff quality of performance dipped every passing season at Chelsea and was even worse when he came here. Sure he's still good, but looks to be going in the wrong direction as a player these last few years.

Perhaps Allardyce can have him rediscover his best form, I hope so. But his best assett has always been his quickness, by which I mean his ability to change direction quickly and beat a couple of players rather than flat out pace. His delivery is generally quite poor, meaning that if he's not skinning defenders regularly then he'll not give you much from the wing. As he gets older he's not likely to get any quicker, and I'm not sure he'll ever be the top winger he was at Blackburn.

N'Zogbia has a ways to go, but he's got all the tools to surpass Duff as a player within a year or two. Wish we'd just keep them both, though.

Nearly always I'd keep the younger player as long as there isn't a huge gulf in quality and in this case there isn't.

N'Zogbia would be a great loss to this football club, although i would reluctantly let him go if :

(a) he wants to leave

(b) he will fund some defenders for us

I don't believe it at all, and its not blind hope in keeping him. Why would we sell him when he is our only fit left winger and Dyer is on his way as well. He can't replace both of them in the space of a month when he's struggling to find the 3 defenders he wants as well.

Guest Geordiesned

So the thread title is still nonsencial, then...?

EDIT: More misleading than nonsencial, i mean.

Not really - it states that it's a line from the BBC only.

N'Zogbia has looked as motivated as I've seen him since Souness left. He's done very well under Allardyce, so this story makes about as much sense as the one about selling Martins - which has since been rubbished by Sam.

This one will probably end up in the bin as well.

Guest Invicta_Toon

first time I've looked at this thread, and tbf, can't be arsed to scroll through 7 pages.

first question that comes to mind though, "why the fuck would he leave us for Fulham?"

protracted legal wrangle over ditching his old club

texting his mates during a team talk

doesn't strike me as a player who's first interest is football, plenty of posh french birds in fulham

first time I've looked at this thread, and tbf, can't be arsed to scroll through 7 pages.

first question that comes to mind though, "why the fuck would he leave us for Fulham?"

protracted legal wrangle over ditching his old club

texting his mates during a team talk

doesn't strike me as a player who's first interest is football, plenty of posh french birds in fulham

Could well be right about this prick vic, he showed fuck all commitment last year. Has promise tbf but his attitude stank last year.

Could well be right about this prick vic, he showed f*** all commitment last year. Has promise tbf but his attitude stank last year.

Based on what?

I thought his attitude last year was a disgrace, he played within himself every time he was on the pitch and i would bet good money he was one of the players that Butt was referring to at the end of the season.

Dont buy into his hype at all.

Think i might boo him if he comes on against Villa....  :laugh:

Could well be right about this prick vic, he showed f*** all commitment last year. Has promise tbf but his attitude stank last year.

Based on what?

I thought his attitude last year was a disgrace, he played within himself every time he was on the pitch and i would bet good money he was one of the players that Butt was referring to at the end of the season.

Typical, you'll be egging his house next.  :lol:

Based on what?

Typical, you'll be egging his house next.  :lol:

Dress him up as Widow Twanky, tie him to a lamp-post on northumberland street and then pelt him with eggs. That'll lorn him.

TBH his performance last year is a disgrace. He never pass the ball but just dribble and shot by self and wasted loads of chances---typical signs of wanting to leave the club by trying to catch the camera.

He definitely shouldn't be sold now but this guy did have some attitude problems, so I won't be surprised if he's the 2nd Dyer.

Guest black

TBH his performance last year is a disgrace. He never pass the ball but just dribble and shot by self and wasted loads of chances---typical signs of wanting to leave the club by trying to catch the camera.

He definitely shouldn't be sold now but this guy did have some attitude problems, so I won't be surprised if he's the 2nd Dyer.

Impossible, he's actually got some football skill and that will always seperate him from the king of bling waster.

Guest MIKELMAN11

Dont think it has any truth in it because n'zogbia is the only decent left winger we have that is not injured and has played pretty good in pre season and under big sam should improve also  O0

Guest Bramble OG

Would be crazy to sell him for 3m, double that and a player in exchange maybe...Guess tonites team/squad will be intresting if we dont hear anything before.