Rozehnal picks up groin strain

NSG

www.skysports.com

Newcastle United's summer signing David Rozehnal is struggling with a groin injury, but should be fit for the start of the new season.

The Czech Republic international, who has played in all four of The Magpies' pre-season fixtures, is currently undergoing treatment on the strain.

The former PSG stopper is happy with his displays for Sam Allardyce's troops and believes he has coped with the physical demands of English football.

"My only problem is that I have a got a small groin strain, but I'm working with the doctors to get it better," he told Sport.

"I think I've done well in the friendlies. In all of them I was playing from the first minute and I would say I have stood my ground.

"In the first game I felt the toughness. It won't all be about toughness, it'll be about strength, aggression over the first five metres and an intense tempo.

"I know the player I am and I know my weak and strong points. I feel that I can cope. I have improved my fitness a lot."

Rozehnal believes he is settling well at St James' due to the vast spectrum of ages and nationalities of players at the North East outfit.

"We are mixed in terms of age and nationality. I always have someone to talk to," he continued.

"We don't have any prima donnas which would spoil the team spirit, which is good."

www.skysports.com

Newcastle United's summer signing David Rozehnal is struggling with a groin injury, but should be fit for the start of the new season.

The Czech Republic international, who has played in all four of The Magpies' pre-season fixtures, is currently undergoing treatment on the strain.

The former PSG stopper is happy with his displays for Sam Allardyce's troops and believes he has coped with the physical demands of English football.

"My only problem is that I have a got a small groin strain, but I'm working with the doctors to get it better," he told Sport.

"I think I've done well in the friendlies. In all of them I was playing from the first minute and I would say I have stood my ground.

"In the first game I felt the toughness. It won't all be about toughness, it'll be about strength, aggression over the first five metres and an intense tempo.

"I know the player I am and I know my weak and strong points. I feel that I can cope. I have improved my fitness a lot."

Rozehnal believes he is settling well at St James' due to the vast spectrum of ages and nationalities of players at the North East outfit.

"We are mixed in terms of age and nationality. I always have someone to talk to," he continued.

"We don't have any prima donnas which would spoil the team spirit, which is good."

Made the injury the main point of the article despite it only having one line about it.

www.skysports.com

I like that bit.

Roz will be fine, been very impressed with him so far and most players have slight niggles whilst gaining full fitness before the start of a new campaign.

Roz has impressed me so far as well.  I think he makes up for his lack of physical presence with so intelligent football.  Him and Taylor will be a very decent pairing.

Agreed. Had reservations about him, but a lot less now after seeing him so far.

Hopefully a very good pairing for Taylor. But still think we need more.

that must be why he wasnt training today

:lol: Did Luque train?

not sure but he was there, Shola and Owen did light training from what i saw through the fence

that must be why he wasnt training today

:lol: Did Luque train?

not sure but he was there, Shola and Owen did light training from what i saw through the fence

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/AlbertoLuque/u11403852.jpg

"Bloody hell mate, take a look at this! Rozzy's not training!"

Lets hope he is back in time for the start of the season I have been impressed by him so far. Souness only knows how to be a sh*t manager who 99.9% of us fans hated.

Gemmill didn't hate him, he loved him and that's why were in this shit now.

Guest MIKELMAN11

If he is fit again for the new season then its no big deal , him and taylor should be a good pairing .

Guest Ridzuan

Was worried when I heard the news,but I think there is nothing to be worry about too much.If he doesnt play tonight its fine with me.The main thing is to get him fit for the start of the season,because I think he will be an important player for us in the defence area as I have been hugely impressed by him so far.

So maybe Souness was right after all....it was the training ground causing all the injuries.

[/snark]

to be fair though, can anyone suggest any other faesable suggestions that might explain our injury problems? seems like roeder and allardyce dont have any so far