Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Good old Freddie, whats another £30 million when you're already £80 million in debt...

thats right. We could have been spending the last decade floundering in the lower leagues like Sheff Wed and the mackems to name 2, just like we were pre-1992. Just to prove such things are still possible when you have a s**** board.

Oh. And facing extinction, or a club sold for a paltry 10m quid, instead of 130m, such was its value. Proven by the 1991 share issue that couldn't even raise the amount of money that we got when we sold Gazza.

Just the way to run a football club. No trophy players. Plenty of average ones. Ritual annual FA Cup humiliations against the likes of Exeter, Chester, Swansea etc etc .... selling our best players, and 20000 crowds.

I know that MICK will never acknowledge this, as he either doesn't believe it through not being there, or likes to continue to pull the wool over you younger lads eyes and have you believe differently.

Pleased you think we should have bought Miguel instead of Carr mind, increasing the same debt you are criticising.

So you're happy the club is £80 million in debt because we've made an attempt at winning things? Would you have been happy to borrow another £30 million to give Allardyce to spend?

What do you think of Ridsdale at Leeds and Bates at Chelsea? They borrowed millions to back the manager, I suppose that makes them ambitious chairman too in your book? Would you prefer either of them to Ashley?

Allardyce on the backing he's had. 

?We?ve invested well, I?ve spent more than I?ve ever spent this summer and I?m grateful for that,? explained a manager who has so far signed seven players. ?I?m fortunate to have that, I?ve been able to invest more on transfer fees and more on wages and I?ve got bigger and better players. When you do that you have more quality, you can play better football. When you don?t, it?s about upsetting bigger and better teams, it?s about embarrassing them and it?s something you don?t get credit for. You?re doing it with lesser players and that makes you better than them. But it also means people start saying you?re something you?re not.?

Well, that conclusively proves that Ashley is little better than a fiendish reincarnation of Gordon McKeag, Mort is a liar and Magnusson is a model football club chairman.

you can stop fiendishly dishing the dirt on your club to scumbag cockney journos who hate Newcastle now.

Easy. Never started.

But tell me, do you mean "scumbag cockneys" like West Ham United?

or scumbag West Ham journo fans like Paul McCarthy ? Pleased you had something in common with him are you  :clap: ie dishing the dirt on your own

Paul McCarthy? First time I ever heard the name. Who is he?

mackems.gif

integrity  ;D

Why cant this thread be about dyer leaving or not? Ohh, thats right, NE5 is here and the same old shit about the Shepherd board and where we would have been without the fat one. Please give it a rest man and give us some updates or thoughts about Kieron leaving or not!

?We?ve invested well, I?ve spent more than I?ve ever spent this summer and I?m grateful for that,? explained a manager who has so far signed seven players. ?I?m fortunate to have that, I?ve been able to invest more on transfer fees and more on wages and I?ve got bigger and better players. When you do that you have more quality, you can play better football. When you don?t, it?s about upsetting bigger and better teams, it?s about embarrassing them and it?s something you don?t get credit for. You?re doing it with lesser players and that makes you better than them. But it also means people start saying you?re something you?re not.?

Well, that conclusively proves that Ashley is little better than a fiendish reincarnation of Gordon McKeag, Mort is a liar and Magnusson is a model football club chairman.

you can stop fiendishly dishing the dirt on your club to scumbag cockney journos who hate Newcastle now.

Easy. Never started.

or scumbag West Ham journo fans like Paul McCarthy ? Pleased you had something in common with him are you  :clap: ie dishing the dirt on your own

Was in the Beatles you dopey fucker!

Easy. Never started.

mackems.gif

integrity  ;D

Truth.

Good old Freddie, whats another £30 million when you're already £80 million in debt...

thats right. We could have been spending the last decade floundering in the lower leagues like Sheff Wed and the mackems to name 2, just like we were pre-1992. Just to prove such things are still possible when you have a s**** board.

Oh. And facing extinction, or a club sold for a paltry 10m quid, instead of 130m, such was its value. Proven by the 1991 share issue that couldn't even raise the amount of money that we got when we sold Gazza.

Just the way to run a football club. No trophy players. Plenty of average ones. Ritual annual FA Cup humiliations against the likes of Exeter, Chester, Swansea etc etc .... selling our best players, and 20000 crowds.

I know that MICK will never acknowledge this, as he either doesn't believe it through not being there, or likes to continue to pull the wool over you younger lads eyes and have you believe differently.

Pleased you think we should have bought Miguel instead of Carr mind, increasing the same debt you are criticising.

So you're happy the club is £80 million in debt because we've made an attempt at winning things? Would you have been happy to borrow another £30 million to give Allardyce to spend?

What do you think of Ridsdale at Leeds and Bates at Chelsea? They borrowed millions to back the manager, I suppose that makes them ambitious chairman too in your book? Would you prefer either of them to Ashley?

I'd prefer them to Bob Murray, or the directors we had before, and a canny few other chairman knocking around.  Its not so simple as this, I thought someone like YOU would have known this. Would you have preferred these people to Shepherd and Hall, or Belgravia ?

The majority of the debt is "manageable" based on season ticket sales, like your mortgage, if you have one. Even macbeth admits that.

As it happens, I think Ken Bates is another stupid cockney bastard, but I feel sorry for Ridsdale, he got carried away with being chairman of his club, I think the Irish gasbag O'Leary was just as much to blame as he must have known he was outspending the clubs resources.

Just goes to show you that even the best laid "plans" come unstuck. At least we had a better "plan" than they did eh ?

Why cant this thread be about dyer leaving or not? Ohh, thats right, NE5 is here and the same old shit about the Shepherd board and where we would have been without the fat one. Please give it a rest man and give us some updates or thoughts about Kieron leaving or not!

I have.

Look for them.

Forever naive, despite me trying to educate you.

Oh well.

I'd prefer them to Bob Murray, or the directors we had before, and a canny few other chairman knocking around.  Its not so simple as this, I thought someone like YOU would have known this. Would you have preferred these people to Shepherd and Hall, or Belgravia ?

The majority of the debt is "manageable" based on season ticket sales, like your mortgage, if you have one. Even macbeth admits that.

As it happens, I think Ken Bates is another stupid cockney b******, but I feel sorry for Ridsdale, he got carried away with being chairman of his club, I think the Irish gasbag O'Leary was just as much to blame as he must have known he was outspending the clubs resources.

Just goes to show you that even the best laid "plans" come unstuck. At least we had a better "plan" than they did eh ?

So would you have preferred Shepherd to borrow another £30 million on top of the £80 million we already owe to back Allardyce?

As it happens, I think Ken Bates is another stupid cockney bastard, but I feel sorry for Ridsdale, he got carried away with being chairman of his club, I think the Irish gasbag O'Leary was just as much to blame as he must have known he was outspending the clubs resources.

So the answer is "no", then, you wouldn't prefer these chairmen who "back their managers"?

Easy. Never started.

Was in the Beatles you dopey fucker!

Aye, but I thought he was a Liverpool supporter.

As it happens, I think Ken Bates is another stupid cockney b******, but I feel sorry for Ridsdale, he got carried away with being chairman of his club, I think the Irish gasbag O'Leary was just as much to blame as he must have known he was outspending the clubs resources.

So would you have preferred Shepherd to borrow another £30 million on top of the £80 million we already owe to back Allardyce?

If you cast your mind back, I quite clearly stated that last summer - when the vast majority of people were urging the board to "splash the cash" - that the money wasn't there. I also - probably - said to you also that people had to accept that short term signings such as Sibierski, Rossi etc were necessary due to these debts, yet people still insisted that we should be spending more money.

A position which has came about by Souness' wild selling and sales spree, moves which are still backed by many people on here, including Ozzie Mandiarse, among many others.

People can't complain about the club being in debt, or choosing to spend a lot of the clubs money on poor players, when they supported the actions of the manager who caused it.

So you are really addressing that question to the wrong person.

As i said, anything which is anti-Shepherd or pro-Ashley goes.

At least jimmymag, in his criticism of the board over this Dyer business, is applying some consistency to his comments. Good for him.

If you cast your mind back, I quite clearly stated that last summer - when the vast majority of people were urging the board to "splash the cash" - that the money wasn't there. I also - probably - said to you also that people had to accept that short term signings such as Sibierski, Rossi etc were necessary due to these debts, yet people still insisted that we should be spending more money.

A position which has came about by Souness' wild selling and sales spree, moves which are still backed by many people on here, including Ozzie Mandiarse, among many others.

You can't complain about the club being in debt, or choosing to spend a lot of the clubs money on poor players, when you supported the actions of the manager who caused it.

At least jimmymag, in his criticism of the board over this Dyer business, is applying some consistency to his comments. Good for him.

So it was great for Shepherd not to back the manager last summer, but not great for Ashley not to back the manager this summer, even though the debt is still the same?

Why cant this thread be about dyer leaving or not? Ohh, thats right, NE5 is here and the same old s*** about the Shepherd board and where we would have been without the fat one. Please give it a rest man and give us some updates or thoughts about Kieron leaving or not!

I have.

Look for them.

Oh well.

Actually one time I liked reading your posts but now when I see them I look for some key words. Those being Shepherd, prior boards and stuff related to the issue of wether Shepherd was a fuck up or not. If I see one of these things I just stop reading.

Why dont you just summarize and tell us your opinion about what will happen in the Dyer saga and lets get back to what this thread is about.

I mean come on, what can you possibly say about whether it would be smart or not taking on another 30 million in debt?

1. We dont know how the finances of the club really looks like, Mort gives us his side of the story and Freddy was prepared to spend and must not have thought we were doing a Leeds. The truth is somewhere in between.

2. It could have been smart had we gotten success. If this would have happened or not is also pointless since we dont have a clue as to what would have happened in the summer if the club had not been sold.

3. Does it really matter? Now Ashley owns the club and he will be judged on results as was Shepherd. If he fails, NE5 can laugh at us saying "I told you so" and if he succeds NE5 will probably say "Shepherd was the reason for getting Allardyce" :)

(Hopes for a great insult from you now!)

You can't complain about the club being in debt, or choosing to spend a lot of the clubs money on poor players, when you supported the actions of the manager who caused it.

Well I'm glad you realise borrowing more money to give Allardyce would be bad for the financial future of the club, so why do you use it to knock the new board?

By the way I didn't back the manager who caused it so you can fuck off with that one, as for this with Dyer I feel sorry for the player, I don't really care what the club has done as I don't know the full story, but similar to the scenario with Milner to Villa last season we have to do whats best for the club, even if it does piss the player off.

Maybe I do.

Like I said, it's a bit late for YOU to pretend to be an ITK, after all this time

I'm not pretending to be an ITK, I've been told something that I have taken at face value, it may be true, it may not.  I have no reason to think that the person has said anything other than what he thinks is true.

What have you heard?

We did nothing wrong apart from not banking £6 million for a player with a suspect medical history, poor temperament, and who the vast majority of fans have lost faith in.

If we were wrong to not take the £6 million for Dyer we'll know by the end of the window and not before.  I agree about what you've said about Dyer and we'll find out later if it was a mistake.

how come chaps like you riducule the Chronicle, then take bits that suit you

Never mind. I expect you will ignore this mind :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article2240973.ece

Whether the new owner will let me spend as much as Freddy would have is something well find out come the end of August [when the transfer window closes] but theres a few players Ive targeted, either for August or when the window reopens in January, and so far, so good.

and THAT, is all I have said. No more, no less. Quite amazing how you and others are jumping around just because a post isn't either totally anti-Shepherd, or pro-Ashley. But I expected that from the likes of you too.

The bits from the Chronicle that suited me were direct quotes from Allardyce and it was from the Journal so if I do ridicule the Chronicle this wouldn't effect that.

As for the bit from the Times, I'm hardly going to have a go at the club for possibly not doing something while they can still do it.  If Allardyce comes out and says that he would have been given more cash if the club hadn't changed ownership then I'll comment, not before.

Guest the_guv_nor

Soooo is dyer staying or going because i have just read through a few posts and they dont seem to have any relevance to dyer at all!!!

Soooo is dyer staying or going because i have just read through a few posts and they dont seem to have any relevance to dyer at all!!!

I don't think anybody on here knows the answer at this time.

Why cant this thread be about dyer leaving or not? Ohh, thats right, NE5 is here and the same old s*** about the Shepherd board and where we would have been without the fat one. Please give it a rest man and give us some updates or thoughts about Kieron leaving or not!

I have.

Look for them.

Oh well.

Actually one time I liked reading your posts but now when I see them I look for some key words. Those being Shepherd, prior boards and stuff related to the issue of wether Shepherd was a fuck up or not. If I see one of these things I just stop reading.

Why dont you just summarize and tell us your opinion about what will happen in the Dyer saga and lets get back to what this thread is about.

I mean come on, what can you possibly say about whether it would be smart or not taking on another 30 million in debt?

1. We dont know how the finances of the club really looks like, Mort gives us his side of the story and Freddy was prepared to spend and must not have thought we were doing a Leeds. The truth is somewhere in between.

2. It could have been smart had we gotten success. If this would have happened or not is also pointless since we dont have a clue as to what would have happened in the summer if the club had not been sold.

3. Does it really matter? Now Ashley owns the club and he will be judged on results as was Shepherd. If he fails, NE5 can laugh at us saying "I told you so" and if he succeds NE5 will probably say "Shepherd was the reason for getting Allardyce" :)

(Hopes for a great insult from you now!)

I haven't supported Newcastle United for over 40 years to laugh when we even lose 1 game.

That is one lesson you should learn about football fans, and a quite amazing response from you. No doubt you even believe what you said.

BTW. I don't expect Allardyce to "fail" - he was my first choice as manager since Bobby Robson left the club - although it depends what exactly you mean by "fail".

Failure to win a trophy perhaps ? Failure to qualify for the Champions League ? Failure to qualify for europe ?

The only thing I am doing here, is applying the same standards across the boards, without bringing personalities into it, whereas you and others are not, because I am quite certain that if we qualify a few times for the Champions League people like you will be telling us that Ashley was a success, whereas Shepherd and Hall were not for exactly the same thing. Which is the whole point of my original comment. Anything anti-Shepherd or pro-Ashley is OK to you people. The simple fact is that there are a hell of a lot of people who simply don't like Shepherd and Hall as people, or for things they have said, to the extent they are unable to make a judgement of them regarding how the team have performed during their time overall. By doing this, your judgement is flawed. Even worse is the fact you won't listen to people who have attempted to tell you the big picture, and the history of the club, to present it correctly.

One thing is certain laddie, and I can see you ignore it because you don't understand, and that is Shepherd and the Halls are the reason why this club has been valued at what it has done, instead of the 10m quid the mackems were sold for.

Now. About Dyer. I said earlier what I think of this deal. In fact, I've said it twice.

Anything anti-Shepherd or pro-Ashley is OK to you people. The simple fact is that there are a hell of a lot of people who simply don't like Shepherd and Hall as people, or for things they have said...

So you think the 90 percent of Newcastle fans who were happy to see Shepherd go and Ashley come in are motivated solely by irrational prejudice and not by their own assessments formed over a decade of watching Shepherd run the club?

Anything anti-Shepherd or pro-Ashley is OK to you people. The simple fact is that there are a hell of a lot of people who simply don't like Shepherd and Hall as people, or for things they have said...

So you think the 90 percent of Newcastle fans who were happy to see Shepherd go and Ashley come in are motivated solely by irrational prejudice and not by their own assessments formed over a decade of watching Shepherd run the club?

you can answer the whole post in its context if you like.