Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Hopefully the Times article has it right. Unsettled players are no use to us and £8m can be better spent elsewhere.

If there's time to spend it. It's clear this transfer window that it's bloody hard work bringing in anyone SA considers worth having.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Hopefully the Times article has it right. Unsettled players are no use to us and £8m can be better spent elsewhere.

If there's time to spend it. It's clear this transfer window that it's bloody hard work bringing in anyone SA considers worth having.

Agree Ozzie, I fuc**ng hate this shit.

If we lose Dyer, Solano and Luque then our midfield options go from impressive to average.

£8m might be a canny bit of money, but it doesn't replace three players.

Can't agree.

* Luque hasn't shown us anything to be counted as an asset.

* Solano is a reserve player-- shouldn't be starting. A loss, but not a major loss. Couldn't give us a full 90 minutes anyway.

* Dyer's speed  is a loss. But  (1) he figured to be a reserve player-- wasn't going to displace Milner or a striker; (2) Smith can  fill that role

Our options are still better than average. Agree that we need to bring in some speed, but the situation's not quite that  "dire".

Milner

Barton

Smith

Geremi

N'Zogbia

Duff

Enrique

We'll be okay when players return.

£8m for Dyer and Solano breaks down as

£6m for Dyer

£2m for Solano

West Ham well and truly busted by Big Mike if true  :clap:

Us too if they're not replaced by better player(s).

We'd still have Geremi and Milner for the right, but with Zoggy our only fit left winger and Geremi possibly needed at right back if/when Carr breaks down (inevitable), suddenly we're taking our chances. Besides, Geremi has looked so good in the middle that's his position to lose IMO. I could handle it if we sold those two and brought in someone of real quality, but that's going to be bloody difficult at this stage of the transfer window, where prices creep up by the day and clubs refuse to negotiate.

£6m for Dyer

£2m for Solano

At those prices I'm happy enough, it's good business. I'm pretty sure we'll cope.

£6m for Dyer

£2m for Solano

At those prices I'm happy enough, it's good business. I'm pretty sure we'll cope.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I am only ever happy at losing good players when I know a capable or better replacement will be signed up.

The only people who come out of this looking bad are once again West Ham.

Dyer has done nothing wrong by the looks of it and we look to be just as innocent.  I didn't think it would be Newcastle because I was sure that the club would understand that if we pumped up players prices at the last minute then others would do the same to us.  I wouldn't have been surprised if Dyer had of asked for a loyalty bonus but I don't think that's the case so I hope nobody is going to hold anything against him because it looks as if everything has been out of his control.

I didn't want West Ham to go down over the Tevez affair because I felt everybody knew what the deal was with him, somebody should have asked questions when he was signed, not months later.

Now, I'd love to see this lot get relegated, they really are a poor club and appear capable of trying anything on.

I'm totally at a loss how you can come to the conclusion that "The only people who come out of this looking bad are once again West Ham."

We set the original price and then just as Dire's about to put pen to paper, we lumped another £2 million on his price. IMO this makes NUFC look totally unprofessional.

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so fucking what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt fucking brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

Signs point to West Ham being up to something untoward imo, especially in the light of Magnusson having to retract comments he'd previously made to the press.

How ?

If you agree a fee, that is it.

If we've found out West Ham have been up to something, tapping up for example, then we're entitled to whack the price up. He's our player after all.

Tapping up only applies when the player being tapped up is wanted by the club holding said player's registration. Dire's time at NUFC is/was at an end. £6 million was a fair price imo.

Like I've said earlier I can't think of one reason or circumstance that justifies our action.

Dyer has done nothing wrong by the looks of it and we look to be just as innocent.  I didn't think it would be Newcastle because I was sure that the club would understand that if we pumped up players prices at the last minute then others would do the same to us.  I wouldn't have been surprised if Dyer had of asked for a loyalty bonus but I don't think that's the case so I hope nobody is going to hold anything against him because it looks as if everything has been out of his control.

I didn't want West Ham to go down over the Tevez affair because I felt everybody knew what the deal was with him, somebody should have asked questions when he was signed, not months later.

Now, I'd love to see this lot get relegated, they really are a poor club and appear capable of trying anything on.

I'm totally at a loss how you can come to the conclusion that "The only people who come out of this looking bad are once again West Ham."

We set the original price and then just as Dire's about to put pen to paper, we lumped another £2 million on his price. IMO this makes NUFC look totally unprofessional.

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so fucking what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt fucking brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

Signs point to West Ham being up to something untoward imo, especially in the light of Magnusson having to retract comments he'd previously made to the press.

How ?

If we've found out West Ham have been up to something, tapping up for example, then we're entitled to whack the price up. He's our player after all.

Tapping up only applies when the player being tapped up is wanted by the club holding said player's registration. Dire's time at NUFC is/was at an end. £6 million was a fair price imo.

Like I've said earlier I can't think of one reason or circumstance that justifies our action.

Ashley has decided he thinks Dyer is worth more than £6m, and as he now effectively belongs to him (in a football sense) he is perfectly within his rights to change the price, irrespective of whether anything else has gone on.

How ?

Ashley has decided he thinks Dyer is worth more than £6m, and as he now effectively belongs to him (in a football sense) he is perfectly within his rights to change the price, irrespective of whether anything else has gone on.

It's like being gazumpted when selling a house. It may be legal, but it's morally wrong.

I was hoping our new owner would instill the professionalism that's been lacking from our club in recent years. My hopes have taken a severe knock with the Dire fiasco.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2853770.ece

Kieron Dyer has been omitted from the Newcastle United squad that goes to Bolton today, a sign that Dyer's proposed move to West Ham is back on . Newcastle and West Ham have had a strong disagreement at boardroom level over Dyer's possible £6m transfer – Newcastle want £8m – and an added feature of the deal is West Ham now also want Nolberto Solano.

It appears that West Ham wish a compromise to be worked out in which Dyer and Solano move to Upton Park together for a fee of £8m or slightly more. However, Solano is thought to prefer a move to Spain should he leave St James' Park. At 32, Solano is not expected to be a prominent player under Sam Allardyce.

The Peruvian could be joined in Spain by Albert Luque, whose underwhelming two years on Tyneside look set to be ended by Levante. Newcastle are understood to be trying to sell, rather than loan, Luque to the Valencia club but the Spaniard's huge wages are always likely to be a stumbling block to any deal.

Newcastle do not want to write off the £10m Luque cost when Graeme Souness signed the forward from Deportivo La Coruña but Levante appear hopeful of a breakthrough.

Three departures would enable Allardyce to recruit in the next fortnight and Bolton are expected to provide a test of Newcastle's strengths and weaknesses under the new manager.

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so f****** what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt f****** brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

How ?

It's like being gazumpted when selling a house. It may be legal, but it's morally wrong.

I was hoping our new owner would instill the professionalism that's been lacking from our club in recent years. My hopes have taken a severe knock with the Dire fiasco.

It is a strange situation, we've heard about how we've put the price up yet on the other hand Mort is talking about how they were unhappy at the way West Ham were doing business, I think something has happened behind the scenes that we haven't got wind of yet, the way the club has been quite about everything lately we may never find out whats happened.

I find how the West Ham chairman retracted his statement about people here being embarrassed interesting, why do that?

I still think it will go through, what we've gained by delaying the deal though I'm not sure.

Kieron Dyer has been omitted from the Newcastle United squad that goes to Bolton today, a sign that Dyer's proposed move to West Ham is back on . Newcastle and West Ham have had a strong disagreement at boardroom level over Dyer's possible £6m transfer – Newcastle want £8m – and an added feature of the deal is West Ham now also want Nolberto Solano.

It appears that West Ham wish a compromise to be worked out in which Dyer and Solano move to Upton Park together for a fee of £8m or slightly more. However, Solano is thought to prefer a move to Spain should he leave St James' Park. At 32, Solano is not expected to be a prominent player under Sam Allardyce.

The Peruvian could be joined in Spain by Albert Luque, whose underwhelming two years on Tyneside look set to be ended by Levante. Newcastle are understood to be trying to sell, rather than loan, Luque to the Valencia club but the Spaniard's huge wages are always likely to be a stumbling block to any deal.

Newcastle do not want to write off the £10m Luque cost when Graeme Souness signed the forward from Deportivo La Coruña but Levante appear hopeful of a breakthrough.

Three departures would enable Allardyce to recruit in the next fortnight and Bolton are expected to provide a test of Newcastle's strengths and weaknesses under the new manager.

I'm not sure what to make of that really, if Solano does want to go to Spain then it makes his reason about wanting to be near his kids in London sound like bollocks, I'd say the Independent is "wide of the mark" with that rumour like.

Guest black n white

all three can go for me.....solano is the only one ill be sorry to see go :clap:

im dreaming deco,eidur and papa bouba diop are their replacements  :coolsmiley:

I'm not sure what to make of that really, if Solano does want to go to Spain then it makes his reason about wanting to be near his kids in London sound like bollocks, I'd say the Independent is "wide of the mark" with that rumour like.

Not sure you can say that mind. Is that comment not copyrighted by Oliver?  :lol: :lol: :lol: