Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest elbee909

I heard Magnusson was getting his 2 penneth in yesterday. Prick. Couldnt be arsed to find or read the full innterview but I was greatly amused by his comment of "that not how to conduct business"....

I am so disappointed we got invvolved with them and just wish the whole thing could be concluded one way or another.

The whole Tevez affair is obviously a great template for how to do business.  He should have stuck to presenting Mastermind, the twat.

Guest Darth Toon

It seems likely to me that this is all to do with this supposed "loyalty payment" - perhaps the annoyance with West Ham stems from them prompting him to ask for it, which in turn resulted in us sticking the price up?

All speculation obviously, but if something like this is the case there's no way the club are going to make it public as it would make an already difficult position for Dyer absolutely untenable, leaving us with a worthless asset.

Aye, it's DEFINATELY the West Ham chairmans fault that our chairman decided to make a stupid, poor-business decision. The baldy foreign t***.

Couldn't have said it better. Our chairman made a poor business decision but Magnusson is still a baldy foreign twat.

Guest Texasmag

I heard Magnusson was getting his 2 penneth in yesterday. Prick. Couldnt be arsed to find or read the full innterview but I was greatly amused by his comment of "that not how to conduct business"....

I am so disappointed we got invvolved with them and just wish the whole thing could be concluded one way or another.

He was also saying something about getting rid of the trouble makers in the club. The said troublemakers being, Reo-Coker, Harewood and Konchesky. So what is he expecting to gain from some of his new signings, who we know have caused trouble in the past? The man is an idiot!

The developments reported by Paul Gilder in today's Journal are quite interesting, though.

EGGERT Magnusson was last night left red-faced after an ill-advised bid to humiliate Newcastle over the Kieron Dyer saga backfired on the West Ham chairman.

The Icelander claimed that officials at St James’s Park were “embarrassed” at the manner in which Dyer’s abortive move to Upton Park collapsed last weekend – an assertion that met with a furious response in the United boardroom. And following high-level talks between the two Premier League clubs, Magnusson agreed to retract his statement and was forced to contact journalists in a bid to distance himself from his earlier comments.

Magnusson’s comments last night angered officials at St James’s Park and contact with the outspoken Icelander was soon established. What was said during that conversation is unclear, although it was enough to prompt the Hammers chairman to request that his words be withdrawn.

The Press Association, who conducted the original interview, agreed to remove the most sensitive paragraph and the word “embarrassed” from later reports. Having backed down, the embarrassment that remained was reserved for Magnusson.

There has been a suggestion West Ham unsettled Dyer before a deal was struck last week and, although the matter has been taken no further, United still feel aggrieved at the manner in which the affair played out.

The fact that the Egg man would so easily and willingly ask for a retraction of his comments upon the mere suggestion of an official inquiry suggests that he's more responsible for this shambolic Dyer mess than many had originally thought.  It certainly adds more credence to Mort's and Allardyce's position on the matter.

The only people who come out of this looking bad are once again West Ham.

Dyer has done nothing wrong by the looks of it and we look to be just as innocent.  I didn't think it would be Newcastle because I was sure that the club would understand that if we pumped up players prices at the last minute then others would do the same to us.  I wouldn't have been surprised if Dyer had of asked for a loyalty bonus but I don't think that's the case so I hope nobody is going to hold anything against him because it looks as if everything has been out of his control.

I didn't want West Ham to go down over the Tevez affair because I felt everybody knew what the deal was with him, somebody should have asked questions when he was signed, not months later.

Now, I'd love to see this lot get relegated, they really are a poor club and appear capable of trying anything on.

Aye, it's DEFINATELY the West Ham chairmans fault that our chairman decided to make a stupid, poor-business decision. The baldy foreign twat.

Seems like you've just got Egg on your face!

(What a pun! Ho ho ho!)

I could have pointed out that the only successful appointment under Shepherd was Robson - and the prime driver behind that was John Hall - but wtf.

you could also point out that the most successful of all, was Keegan, and HE was chosen and persuaded to take the job by Shepherd, Hall Jnr and Fletcher. But I don't suppose you will. I've no idea why not, unless you have a specific reason that you choose not to do so.

We are sending out a message that we are wanting 2m more for a player, that we had agreed a fee with. Are we "desperate" for this extra 2m quid, or just showing the rest of football that we can't keep our word ?

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind. I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

Freddy backed Roeder less than Mort has so far backed Allardyce, at least that will be the case when we sign the bloke who has just travelled over from Spain, FACT.

Again you mention balancing the books.   :lol:

that question was for Tron.

I'm sure he can answer his own questions, like when you replied for Baggio.

You also omitted the first bit, if you really want to answer for him

I've answered all these questions indirectly through various posts but if you insist:

We are sending out a message that we are wanting 2m more for a player, that we had agreed a fee with. Are we "desperate" for this extra 2m quid, or just showing the rest of football that we can't keep our word ?

You seem to have difficulty comptrehending the fact we turned down £6m shows we are anything but desperate. If you don't understand this let me know and I'll explain in simpler terms.

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge the fact that "Freddie always backed his managers" is, in fact, true, mind.

I don't have any problem acknowledging Shepherd always backed his managers. My only gripe was that his reasoning for picking Souness and Roeder stunk of incompetence.

I'm sure that our balancing the books act so far under the new board, that you thought was going to be automatically better, is showing all the signs so far of not backing the manager to a similar degree. Still, I'm sure that isn't true at all, as you say it isn't the case. Particularly as the one person who DOES know, has been expressing his dissatasfaction and frustration at whateve is actually reallly happening.

£10m-worth of signings in the last few days with no players sold to balance the books AND Big Sam personally crediting Mort for getting the deals done. Actions speak louder than words.

Well, lets put it this way.

The club expected Dyer to go, so spent the money on Smith. This is not speculation, well it is, but it is true.

So they have spent the money on Enrique. Well done, of course. But it isn't anything the old board didn't do for well over a decade. Nor is it particular an alien situation for Newcastle United to actually sell players for financial reasons anyway over the last 15 years. But I'm sure you will ignore this as you clearly are one of those who have it in for Hall and Shepherd on account of them being caught in a brothel and calling people names.

Whatever.

Actions indeed speak louder than words. Well done to the board for beginning to back the manager, even though he had to publicy speak out and tell us that he was having problems with them. Also, results speak louder than words, so along with everyone else I look forward to us playing in the Champions League again, seeing as Shepherd and Hall have gone, and they were holding the club back so much, and it should now be a foregone conclusion, given a bit of time, naturally.

I hope that in the future the current board don't pick a knacker of a manager too mind, as nobody does it except Shepherd and Hall. Not even Liverpool do that, ever, Roy Evans, the double act of Houillier and Evans was a brainwave, as was Arsenal appointing Rioch and all the clubs who haven't played in europe as often as us over the last decade, including the great Steve Gibson, who would never be stupid enough to appoint managers with no managerial experience such as McLaren and Southgate. All things which people on here have said in the past on numerous occasions.

I realise that this will go straight over your head, despite being fact, for not being completely anti Shepherd / Hall.

:lol:

Point by point your arguments have been disected, and your negativity blown out of the water. As usual you end up blathering about Shepherd and how we didn't appreciate him but no one really cares by now. Stick his photo on the mantlepiece and light a candle under it every day if you like but please give it a rest on the forums. We don't like talking about yesterday's news.

Amen

says the NUFC expert with his long distance binoculars.

You dont have to be an expert to not wanting to talk about Shepherd any more. I´ll tell you what though, if Ashley fucks up big time and we keep getting 12 - 14 place in the league then you would have some kind of case to argue. Right now it is just pointless to debate them and I for one like to talk and read about the new stuff. Like are Kieron going or not, that is the purpose of this thread and when you and your likes are not around that is what is being debated. So please get over Shepherd, he is now just one of all those former chairmen whose names you love to drop.

Quite sad that you - and Tron - continue mentioning Shepherd, and say that I am,  when I'm saying I don't want to.

I am hopeful that this board will exceed the achievements and league positions of the last board, otherwise what has been the point of it, when it seems the vast majority of people have whined on and said we have underachieved and won nothing because of the last board. In view of such sentiments, it must be pretty much nailed on that we are going to join the elite, win trophies, and stay there. I'm looking forward to it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people are saying they hope - and believe, including me- that we will do better under Allardyce than under Souness and Roeder. It is exactly the same thing. You - and Tron - should learn to read properly, and stop carrying on allowing personalities to interfere with judgement and pragmatism regarding the future success or otherwise of the club.

I think the club should have stuck to their decision ref Dyer once they had gave it. I think changing their mind for no reason - if that is what it was - is embarrassing and Ashley or whoever did it has done absolutely nothing other than make the club look completely unprofessional.

I've said this elsewhere. If Dyer asked for a loyalty bonus, then it is good that they have done what they have done. However, they now have to address the situation of having an expensive player on the book, who may be a liability now.

Dyer has done nothing wrong by the looks of it and we look to be just as innocent.  I didn't think it would be Newcastle because I was sure that the club would understand that if we pumped up players prices at the last minute then others would do the same to us.  I wouldn't have been surprised if Dyer had of asked for a loyalty bonus but I don't think that's the case so I hope nobody is going to hold anything against him because it looks as if everything has been out of his control.

I didn't want West Ham to go down over the Tevez affair because I felt everybody knew what the deal was with him, somebody should have asked questions when he was signed, not months later.

Now, I'd love to see this lot get relegated, they really are a poor club and appear capable of trying anything on.

I'm totally at a loss how you can come to the conclusion that "The only people who come out of this looking bad are once again West Ham."

We set the original price and then just as Dire's about to put pen to paper, we lumped another £2 million on his price. IMO this makes NUFC look totally unprofessional.

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so fucking what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt fucking brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

I'm totally at a loss how you can come to the conclusion that "The only people who come out of this looking bad are once again West Ham."

We set the original price and then just as Dire's about to put pen to paper, we lumped another £2 million on his price. IMO this makes NUFC look totally unprofessional.

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so fucking what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt fucking brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

Signs point to West Ham being up to something untoward imo, especially in the light of Magnusson having to retract comments he'd previously made to the press.

Agree with jimmymag

I would add - with irony and don't really want to go over old ground but it deserves it - that if a different chairman had done this, then MICK [and many others] would be harping on and on about how embarrassing and wrong it is.

And it is exactly that. If we have lumped this fee on for the sake of it, it is bang out of order. And if Dyer has lost interest in the club, then shot ourselves in the foot too.

Signs point to West Ham being up to something untoward imo, especially in the light of Magnusson having to retract comments he'd previously made to the press.

How ?

If you agree a fee, that is it.

How ?

If we've found out West Ham have been up to something, tapping up for example, then we're entitled to whack the price up. He's our player after all.

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so f****** what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt f****** brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

How ?

apparently not

If, as has been reported, West Ham were gloating about getting Dire on the cheap, so f****** what? We set the original price, from our perspective Dire's damaged goods, £6 million was a good price and now we're lumbered with the spoilt f****** brat who'll be loathe to pick his feet up for us this season.

Agree with jimmymag

I would add - with irony and don't really want to go over old ground but it deserves it - that if a different chairman had done this, then MICK [and many others] would be harping on and on about how embarrassing and wrong it is.

And it is exactly that. If we have lumped this fee on for the sake of it, it is bang out of order. And if Dyer has lost interest in the club, then shot ourselves in the foot too.

And no doubt you would have been defending him on the matter.

Agree with jimmymag

No doubt I wouldn't. As I said, personalities don't interest me, I'll leave that sort of thing to those who have poor judgement. What I state is a fact, I've never said anyone doesn't embarrass me, I'll leave it to others. Because ultimately, I'm not arsed. My stance is the same as before. I don't give a toss if the chairman embarrasses himself or behave unprofessionally if he backs his managers and we try to be successful.

It's others who judge the personality, and are moving the goalposts. And you - again - who are jumping into a disagreement I have with others. WTF is your problem ? Is it because I don't agree with your daft notion that everyone who has a "plan" or a DOF will get automatic success  ;D

Agree with jimmymag

No doubt I wouldn't. As I said, personalities don't interest me, I'll leave that sort of thing to those who have poor judgement. What I state is a fact, I've never said anyone doesn't embarrass me, I'll leave it to others. Because ultimately, I'm not arsed. My stance is the same as before. I don't give a toss if the chairman embarrasses himself or behave unprofessionally if he backs his managers and we try to be successful.

It's others who judge the personality, and are moving the goalposts. And you - again - who are jumping into a disagreement I have with others. WTF is your problem ? Is it because I don't agree with your daft notion that everyone who has a "plan" or a DOF will get automatic success  ;D

WTF is my problem? I don't have a problem. WTF is your problem?

Where did I say a DOF or a plan will give us automatic success? Are you making that up? If so, WTF is your problem?

Did you think it was embarrassing when we agreed a fee with Villa for Milner, him passing a medical and agreeing personal terms only to be called back while sat in Martin O'Neills office?

Agree with jimmymag

WTF is my problem? I don't have a problem. WTF is your problem?

Where did I say a DOF or a plan will give us automatic success? Are you making that up? If so, WTF is your problem?

Did you think it was embarrassing when we agreed a fee with Villa for Milner, him passing a medical and agreeing personal terms only to be called back while sat in Martin O'Neills office?

No, I don't. Wasn't it because a replacement had fallen through ? These things happen in football. Would you have complained if Les Ferdinand had decided not to sign for Spurs when we asked him to stay when Shearer was injured ?

Clubs - however - DO NOT go back on their word when they agree a fee with a club for a player.

If you don't have a problem, then leave it to the blokes I'm asking to answer for themselves.

How ?

If we've found out West Ham have been up to something, tapping up for example, then we're entitled to whack the price up. He's our player after all.

If that is the case, then report them to the FA and tell the press.

However, we agreed a fee, it was 6m. And went back on our word. That is all.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

What The FUCK IS GOING ON

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article2237664.ece

From The Times

August 11, 2007

Dyer’s capital move likely to be resurrected

George Caulkin

Kieron Dyer has been omitted from Newcastle United’s squad for their match away to Bolton Wanderers today and the England international is likely to complete his controversial transfer to West Ham United. Relations between the clubs soured last week when the deal collapsed, but Dyer and Nolberto Solano, his teammate, are both expected to leave Tyneside.

Both players have requested a move for personal reasons. In the case of Solano - a popular figure among Newcastle supporters - the development is surprising, but the Peruvian is undergoing difficulties with his family and is said to favour a move to London or Spain. Dyer’s children live in Ipswich. It is not beyond possibility that the pair may renew acquaintances at Upton Park.

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle owner, raised his club’s asking price for Dyer from £6 million to £8 million in protest at West Ham’s alleged conduct over the matter and that appeared to block the deal, but a compromise beckons. A similar amount for both playersI - Solano is 33 this year and about to enter the final year of his contract - would equate to decent business.

Sam Allardyce has backed Ashley’s stance, but he has no use for unsettled players and neither is expected to figure at the Reebok Stadium. As far as Dyer is concerned, after the disappointment of seeing his proposed transfer collapse, as well as being a target of abuse by Newcastle supporters, the manager does not consider him in the necessary frame of mind to play.

With Albert Luque expected to leave for Levante, there may be a number of departures in the coming days and, as things stand, replacements are a distant prospect. “There are no new faces,” Allardyce said. “This week has ended up with a little frustration at the fact that a couple of big targets have not come off and at this stage look like they won’t.”

With Michael Owen, Joey Barton and Shay Given injured and Scott Parker, the erstwhile skipper, having decamped to West Ham, Allardyce will name Gérémi, his signing from Chelsea, as captain for the Bolton fixture. He is expected to field a 4-3-3 formation, fitness permitting, with Alan Smith selected in midfield and Obafemi Martins and James Milner operating wide of Mark Viduka in attack.