Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

NSG, didn't you go wumming on the Spurs board when we beat them to Parker and then Duff - and possibly even the Liverpool one when we signed Owen?

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember you doing that. Bearing in mind the subsequent performances of those players, don't you think you should learn to let the players do their talking/not do it before gloating about it on other fans' forums?

You are wrong.

The only WUMing I did was on he Villa board telling them they'd signed Bramble on a 5 year deal. That's about it.

Also, save this for PMs if you have a problem with me.

That's bollocks, I remember clearly you going on the Spurs board after we signed Duff to take the piss.

Agree that the squad is now missing something in midfield. Everything now looks much more solid, but we need a touch of sparkle, pace and creativity.

Emre?

Emre is one of my fave toon players, can't wait to see him back fit for us.

If Faye does arrive then I'd be happy to go for a quick, young and fit lad with pace to complete the midfield, can't think of any right now tho. I'd be happy if it was some unknown player from a country like the Ukraine, say Dinamo Kiev :)

Either that kind of player or a young right back and I'd be super duper happy. Even after Faye comes in hopefully, I'd still be happy with just that. Sam can maybe spoil us with another 1 or 2 tho..... :blush:

Dyer is a winger, so his job isn't really getting goals

Anyway, glad to see this saga finally coming to end, 8m is a pretty decent fee to get on an injurey prone player who hasn't started alot in our team in the last few years.

Also, can't believe that Allardyce was nice enough to play him in all of those behind close doors/warm-up games, i am sure that had we played a premierleague game yesterday Dyer would've propbley started aswell ???

No he isn't. Did you watch the first five seasons he played here?

Just in case anyone wanted to know:

Dyer's former club Ipswich inserted a sell-on clause in the deal that brought the player to Tyneside in 1999.

That entitles them to 20% of any subsequent sale above the £6m we paid for him.

Agree that the squad is now missing something in midfield. Everything now looks much more solid, but we need a touch of sparkle, pace and creativity.

Emre?

Emre is one of my fave toon players, can't wait to see him back fit for us.

If Faye does arrive then I'd be happy to go for a quick, young and fit lad with pace to complete the midfield, can't think of any right now tho. I'd be happy if it was some unknown player from a country like the Ukraine, say Dinamo Kiev :)

Either that kind of player or a young right back and I'd be super duper happy. Even after Faye comes in hopefully, I'd still be happy with just that. Sam can maybe spoil us with another 1 or 2 tho..... :blush:

He'll have admirers, no doubt.

Just in case anyone wanted to know:

Dyer's former club Ipswich inserted a sell-on clause in the deal that brought the player to Tyneside in 1999.

That entitles them to 20% of any subsequent sale above the £6m we paid for him.

so we negotiated the larger offer to give them some cash?

Guest toonlass

I am pleased that this whole stinking saga is finally over. West Ham have Dyer, we have the cash, and hopefully we will spend it on someone who doesn't spend 3/4 of his days on Tyneside on the treatment table, or crashing into bridges on the quayside.  I am pleased to see the back of Dyer.

Dyer is a winger, so his job isn't really getting goals

Anyway, glad to see this saga finally coming to end, 8m is a pretty decent fee to get on an injurey prone player who hasn't started alot in our team in the last few years.

Also, can't believe that Allardyce was nice enough to play him in all of those behind close doors/warm-up games, i am sure that had we played a premierleague game yesterday Dyer would've propbley started aswell ???

I think Wenger and Ferguson would disagree with that.

I've just returned from a signing session with the players (Junior Magpies treat for the young 'uns) I can confirm that West Ham player Kieran Dyer was not there. Everyone else was (save for Sam who we must hope was doing business) including Nobby. Enrique was chatting with Luque & the French speakers were also together. Owen was next to Barton, Milner & Smith. For some reason Viduka was right at the end beyond the the French connection & Shola had a bloody stupid wide brimmed hat on.

Cliques?

I've just returned from a signing session with the players (Junior Magpies treat for the young 'uns) I can confirm that West Ham player Kieran Dyer was not there. Everyone else was (save for Sam who we must hope was doing business) including Nobby. Enrique was chatting with Luque & the French speakers were also together. Owen was next to Barton, Milner & Smith. For some reason Viduka was right at the end beyond the the French connection & Shola had a bloody stupid wide brimmed hat on.

Cliques?

No.

Cliques?

Aye Shola loves daft hats. he's got a massive collection and there "very important to him" or something according to his slot on footballers cribs.

Cliques?

Aye Shola loves daft hats. he's got a massive collection and there "very important to him" or something according to his slot on footballers cribs.

He was getting funny looks from some of the kids. Fair play to the players; there was a long line of kids & only a couple of players looked fed up & they were the younger ones.

Cliques?

"This is me hats like, I like hats and i've got a lot of different hats like"

Was enthralling stuff.

Cliques?

"Obviously this is me hats like, I like hats obviously and i've obviously got a lot of different hats like.........obviously"

Was enthralling stuff.

Fixed Shola's Quote.

Guest elbee909

Anyone got any stats - y'know, appearances, goals, assists, re. Kieron Dyer?

Sorry to quote myself, but here's what 8 million gets you:

PL                                        Europe

99-00 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 24 Games (-) 2 Games

00-01 Newcastle United 5 Goals, 26 Games (-) 2 Games

01-02 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 17 Games (-) 3 Games

02-03 Newcastle United 2 Goals, 35 Games 2 Goals, 12 Games (Champions League)

03-04 Newcastle United 1 Goals, 25 Games 2 + 5 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup)

04-05 Newcastle United 4 Goals, 23 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup)

05-06 Newcastle United 11 Games

Bellamys stats are little better. It's not football manager and both players do an awful lot off the ball that simply doesnt get picked up by stats. Teams can't settle when you have players like that. Not a great fan of that line of argument I'm afraid.

Not an argument though, is it?  Dyer compared himself with Scholes FFS.  Heh.

Anyone got any stats - y'know, appearances, goals, assists, re. Kieron Dyer?

Sorry to quote myself, but here's what 8 million gets you:

PL                                        Europe

99-00 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 24 Games (-) 2 Games

00-01 Newcastle United 5 Goals, 26 Games (-) 2 Games

01-02 Newcastle United 3 Goals, 17 Games (-) 3 Games

02-03 Newcastle United 2 Goals, 35 Games 2 Goals, 12 Games (Champions League)

03-04 Newcastle United 1 Goals, 25 Games 2 + 5 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup)

04-05 Newcastle United 4 Goals, 23 Games 2 Goals, 7 Games (UEFA Cup)

05-06 Newcastle United 11 Games

Bellamys stats are little better. It's not football manager and both players do an awful lot off the ball that simply doesnt get picked up by stats. Teams can't settle when you have players like that. Not a great fan of that line of argument I'm afraid.

Not an argument though, is it?  Dyer compared himself with Scholes FFS.  Heh.

Just before Scholes scored that hat-trick at SJP.

Hasn't Scholes has scored more goals at SJP than Dyer?

Cliques?

"Obviously this is me hats like, I like hats obviously and i've obviously got a lot of different hats like.........obviously"

Was enthralling stuff.

Fixed Shola's Quote.

Oh aye maybe it was his sleep after "work" or his big shower "cos, obviously, im a big lad" or his big car also "cos, obviously, im a big lad" that was "very important" to him.

Fucking brilliant television best comedy ive ever seen.