Baines signs for Everton

Guest hindu times

Does anyone really think he would join Newcastle now having to fight for his place with Enrique and possibly that Serbian fella? Rather than come to us and play every single week? I can't see it

Someone sounds nervous :razz:

Does anyone really think he would join Newcastle now having to fight for his place with Enrique and possibly that Serbian fella? Rather than come to us and play every single week? I can't see it

Being an Evertonian does that to you :lol:

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Being an Evertonian does that to you :lol:

Like i said on another thread, enrique plays left wing aswel.... so sam could buy baines as the main left back and enrique as cover... and if we get drago then hes extra cover for left back but mainly used as a CB - just my view anyway...

Skysports.com understands Wigan ace Leighton Baines is in talks with Everton and Newcastle.

Wigan have given permission to Baines to talk to both clubs after they accepted undisclosed bids from their Premiership rivals for the talented full-back.

The Latics have reluctantly agreed to let Baines move as they look to get their squad in place for the start of the new season next weekend.

Baines has attracted the interest of a host of clubs with Sunderland failing to persuade him to move to the Stadium of Light after having a fee accepted for his services last month.

Everton are in the market for a new left-back with Joleon Lescott being played out of position in the role last season.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce admitted on Friday that he could make a move for Baines as he looks to reshape his defensive options at St James' Park.

Baines is set to meet both clubs to discuss a possible move and the defender is expected to make a decision on his future over the weekend.

It is believed Everton are favourites to land Baines ahead of Newcastle because the player is a Toffees fan and would love the chance to play for his boyhood heroes.

Drago, Enrique, Baines ... surely not all three, unless Drago is primarily cover for both CD and LB.

Fuck this, I'm not speculating anymore until the transfer window shuts and all I have to do is to speculate who we're playing out of who we've got. :)

Guest johnson293

I have faith in Sam to land the players  O0

Just read that on Sky Sports.

Agree with that - Some of things Alan Smith said were very optimistic, and reassuring - that the differnec between the club now, and when he had chnaces to join us before were down to the new management and owner, and the club having better direction and prospects.

Also, sayign that after speaking t' Gaffer, his mind was made up.

If Baines is speaking to us and Everton, its just depends whether he really does want to stay in the north west, and really is an Everton fan.

Guest Ridzuan

I believe that Enrique will be coming here regardless of Baines outcome.I think Drago's move will be depending on Baines decision.If he decides not to come here,then it obvious Drago is the choice but if has other plan,then Drago wont be coming.But either way,I dont mind having both here.We could sell Baba then.

Guest eyeball_tickler

it seems sam has some money to spend now so forget signing one or the other, get them all in and worry about who to play later. i'd be far happier if we signed both left backs and that other one we're linked with.