José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

He did well in the second half, in the first he and Jonas were infuriating, too much pissing about down the left hand side instead of delivering the ball into the box. Enrique seemed scared to cross which was a big difference from a few weeks ago. Still thought he pissed it defensively.

I actually agree that it was one of his worst games this season tbh. Brilliant goal though.

its hard to say worst when he was just less very good than normal.

he always does seem to take a game or 2 to settle in when he's missed one/been out.

Some of his forward play in the 1st half was a bit  :facepalm:

His defensive play was amazing. Especially the 2nd half. And the goal...it made the occasion!

He did well in the second half, in the first he and Jonas were infuriating, too much pissing about down the left hand side instead of delivering the ball into the box. Enrique seemed scared to cross which was a big difference from a few weeks ago. Still thought he pissed it defensively.

wonder if he was still concerned about the recent injury ?

Very possibly, worried about putting his foot through it and pulling something. Certainly didn't stop him on his right foot for his goal - Carroll would have checked back.

Very possibly, worried about putting his foot through it and pulling something. Certainly didn't stop him on his right foot for his goal - Carroll would have checked back.

i was thinking more in going flat out and stretching to get beyond jonas.

And his shoulder tap back to Harper from inside the box was class too.

That shoulder tap was amazing. Showed he had increadible control and balls made of f*cking iron to even try that in the box.

He said in the post match interview on .co.uk that he had a bit of a scare before the game with his hamstring, but in the first 10 - 15 minutes all his muscles felt shot as he hadn't trained for a week.

Just watched the Sky coverage of his goal, love the commentary about him being the best player in the league. :)

Aye, just heard that myself. Not every pundit is completely stupid.

Aye, was loving that watching it over, it's the first time I've ever seen him get the credit he deserves.

http://www.wbaunofficial.com/

They're not having it like.

They're living in their own little world, they recon Marek Cech is better :mackems:

Bit devastated i couldn't make out who it was at first... then i saw that flash of tan, and then, i just knew. Wow. What a fucking moment.

After a year of telling him to shoot, whenever he's been within 30 yards of the goal... awesome. So happy.

:lol: Oh my God. Didn't see the Sky interview but the NUFCTV one is a joy to behold.

"At first i can't breathe, Jonas put some grass in my teeth and i say 'what are you doing?' - i have six teammates on my back, i can't breathe!"

:lol: What a fucking man.

Guest The Enforcer

Been a long time since I've felt this strongly about one of our players (the strong hate for shola on occasions doesn't count). I think I actually love him.

He needs to go to the World Cup.

No chance of that, though. And, let's be honest, he's playing against very poor teams every week. Next year in the premiership will give him a better chance since the manager will also be open to try more personnel with the next major tournament two years away.

No chance of that, though. And, let's be honest, he's playing against very poor teams every week. Next year in the premiership will give him a better chance since the manager will also be open to try more personnel with the next major tournament two years away.

Who is the current 1st choice left back for Spain? Capdevilla?

I do doubt if Enrique would be called up, even if he is playing outstandingly well in the EPL as he is not at one of the "top" 4-5 clubs. Arteta never received a sniff of a call up when he was in top class form when the likes of Xavi/ Xabi Alonso were either injured/not in form etc and before Iniesta came on the scene even.

Guest sittingontheball

I'm well chuffed for him to get a goal.

I still don't understand why he didn't get a chance off Allardyce or Keegan because he never looked that bad to me. Putting N'Zogbia at left back led to lots of problems with him too.

Who is the current 1st choice left back for Spain? Capdevilla?

I do doubt if Enrique would be called up, even if he is playing outstandingly well in the EPL as he is not at one of the "top" 4-5 clubs. Arteta never received a sniff of a call up when he was in top class form when the likes of Xavi/ Xabi Alonso were either injured/not in form etc and before Iniesta came on the scene even.

I insist, Arteta has had to battle with Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, Cesc, Senna... he didn't really come into his own as a player until he moved to Everton and all these players were by then firmly entrenched in Spain's XI. The left back spot, meanwhile, is arguably Spain's weakest position and much more open to José Enrique if he pulls it off in the EPL.

Arteta should have got a cap at some point, though. I admit it seems you can't get a cap while playing in England if you don't play for Liverpool (four Spanish internationals last season). But he would have had a good chance of making the Confed Cup squad had he not been injuried.

I'm still miffed that he never got a run for Barça. His sale raised quite a few eyebrows, but we were fucking broke at that time.

He still deserves a call up in the warm up friendlies, he's been sensational this year, give him a look, see if he can fit in on the bench and help the LB spot. He's proved he can do it in the Prem before too.