José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I  don't think Enrique is the kind of person who leaves because he's not paid enough. Two factors decide his future: 1. We avoid the relegation battle, and end the season preferable around the middle of the table. 2. We invest in some promising players. If both those factors are satisfied, he stays.

I  don't think Enrique is the kind of person who leaves because he's not paid enough. Two factors decide his future: 1. We avoid the relegation battle, and end the season preferable around the middle of the table. 2. We invest in some promising players. If both those factors are satisfied, he stays.

Even so, we're still very unlikely to qualify for Europe next season and he has got to be thinking about that and international recognition.

Guest palnese

Never thought that about Carroll either, eh?

If a top club offer a better deal than what he has got here, he is off.

Guest marky555

If we keep selling our best players all the time, there is no point supporting this club. Simple as that.

It's like killing all hope of consistantly being a top 4..5..6 side (you choose). Then you all know we're always going to be mid-table, and when we once in a while get higher, the one or two star-players draggin the race, will be sold in the next window.

That's exactly what will happen. It's happened with Carroll and it'll happen again. I guarantee that.

We are a selling club, it's clear to see we have no ambition. The only ambition we have is to make money, and a sure fire way of doing that is selling players on for more than they cost. Simple as that.

If you think anything different then you're deluded. Sorry.

Maybe I'm far out, but Enrique seems more down to earth, while Carroll on the other hand likes to be the center of attention. Differences in culture may also hit in. Spaniards are more family oriented while in UK are more oriented towards the anglo-american values when it comes to salaries: It's deemed alright to exit an organization if you're paid enough, and good pay increases status. Maybe that's why you see more players being loyal to their clubs in Spain and Italy..Or am I talking shit right now...

I don't particularly think players are more loyal in Spain. If a bigger club comes knocking, they'll ask for a move. Our release clause system tends to reduce the drama, though, since there's already an asking price in place for any player (clauses tend to be reasonable outside the big clubs/stars)

I  don't think Enrique is the kind of person who leaves because he's not paid enough. Two factors decide his future: 1. We avoid the relegation battle, and end the season preferable around the middle of the table. 2. We invest in some promising players. If both those factors are satisfied, he stays.

Maybe I'm far out, but Enrique seems more down to earth, while Carroll on the other hand likes to be the center of attention. Differences in culture may also hit in. Spaniards are more family oriented while in UK are more oriented towards the anglo-american values when it comes to salaries: It's deemed alright to exit an organization if you're paid enough, and good pay increases status. Maybe that's why you see more players being loyal to their clubs in Spain and Italy..Or am I talking s*** right now...

offer him enough pay and the chance to win things and he'll be off (can't blame him). the trick is to, if it happens, use the cash to improve and as you improve you become the club able to pick the best from others.

all our problems have come from paying big money and big wages to players who spectacularly failed meaning we lost loads of money on them (both in the last few years of freds reign and the first one of ashleys)

I don't particularly think players are more loyal in Spain. If a bigger club comes knocking, they'll ask for a move. Our release clause system tends to reduce the drama, though, since there's already an asking price in place for any player (clauses tend to be reasonable outside the big clubs/stars)

It'd be shit if you found a Tiote though. Wouldn't imagine his clause would match his real value, which would mean that we would lose him for peanuts compared to what he's worth.

Are the values of the release clauses generally quite well known?  In public, and amongst clubs?

It'd be s*** if you found a Tiote though. Wouldn't imagine his clause would match his real value, which would mean that we would lose him for peanuts compared to what he's worth.

Happens all the time. You have to offer a new deal to the player to increase his clause. Racing tried that with Canales, but he refused and went to Real Madrid for €5m.

It'd be shit if you found a Tiote though. Wouldn't imagine his clause would match his real value, which would mean that we would lose him for peanuts compared to what he's worth.

In that instance you'd probably offer him a new contract with higher wages and a higher release clause after 3 months or whatever I'd have thought, not that the player would have to accept.

Are the values of the release clauses generally quite well known?  In public, and amongst clubs?

Yes of course, they are public.

It'd be s*** if you found a Tiote though. Wouldn't imagine his clause would match his real value, which would mean that we would lose him for peanuts compared to what he's worth.

In that instance you'd probably offer him a new contract with higher wages and a higher release clause after 3 months or whatever I'd have thought, not that the player would have to accept.

We just had to offer a new deal to Busquets, whose release clause was a "mere" €30m.

Thing is, I think he's slowly but surely starting to realize how unbelieably good he has become in the last two seasons. I also think he is fed up with not having proper players going for his crosses etc. Ben Arfa in the side would probably help the cause, just hope he comes back in time for Enrique to start enjoying playing with him. Probably his best performance of the season today.

Thing is, I think he's slowly but surely starting to realize how unbelieably good he has become in the last two seasons. I also think he is fed up with not having proper players going for his crosses etc. Ben Arfa in the side would probably help the cause, just hope he comes back in time for Enrique to start enjoying playing with him. Probably his best performance of the season today.

you say that like he puts in loads of crosses every game, fact is his distribution is his weak point, too many simple passes go astray. cuts tham out and he's a champs league/spanish intl.

We just had to offer a new deal to Busquets, whose release clause was a "mere" €30m.

Reckon Busquets, albeit he is class for Barca, would be fairly average if he moved elsewhere due to how suited he is to playing for Barca.

Reckon Busquets, albeit he is class for Barca, would be fairly average if he moved elsewhere due to how suited he is to playing for Barca.

That happens with a lot of our players, but it's the point of our youth setup really.

That happens with a lot of our players, but it's the point of our youth setup really.

Which is the best way to do it.

Guest JamesyJazz

For fecks sake he's by miles the best left back we've had in years and admired by all Premiership managers who've played their right wingers against him.How many opposition players have twatted/outplayed him this season?Few,if we're honest.

His work rate/commitment/support up the left wing is tremendous. When we have another natural left footed player to link up with him on the wing look out!

I reckon Ashley will sell him during the summer though,so enjoy him while we can.

But we don't 'keep selling our best players', we've only done in once and that was for absolutely insane money.

Eh?! ???

Milner? N'Zogbia? Given? Bassong? Beye? Faye?

A ludicrous post.

i think he means without the player activly agitating for a move in which circumstances even the man utd's etc of this world struggle to keep hold if offered the right money.

What if it's club policy to actively try to sell these players, but only let them leave if they put in a transfer request (which they'll do once they know they're no longer wanted + will get a better offer elsewhere)?