José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

This year we will be operating off parachute payment cash iirc, this summer coming we get our hands back on the real loot.

hope thats true. :thup:

Yes it is it. The summer after relegation we would of collected our SKY/ESPN TV money + our league placement money. The summer after promotion we would of collected our SKY/BBC TV money + FL prizemoney + 16m parachute payment. This year with domestic & overseas tv deals + each league place worth approx £750K more than the place below them various news sites reckon the bottom club with get £40 million with the champions getting around £60million.

This year we will be operating off parachute payment cash iirc, this summer coming we get our hands back on the real loot.

We don't get any parachute payment, because we went straight back up. IIRC.

I am sure we would of got paid it for the season we went down.

I wonder how many points we'll need before we are considered 'safe' enough for the proper planning of next season (including opening contract negotiations with these players) can begin.

:lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/chris-hughton-newcastle-premier-league

Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

8/4/10 to 16/8/10 = 3 players signed before the season started, 2 frees and one for £2m? None of them signed as starters, one of whom was unfit for a month and one who would be injured for the majority of the season.

:doh:

Touché. :(

And then a few more came in later in the window like Moyo, Ben Arfa, and Tiote. Come on UV, we may have had all the time in the world to plan, but I think it's fair to say a lot of players and clubs will hold out for as long as possible to see if any better offers/clubs come in.

There is no reason at all to believe negotiations didn't begin well before any deals were actually finalised.

5? I count 2, and one of those almost turned up on our doorstep by accident.

Stealth edit I see.

The point was about early planning for the next season. I'd only call Tiote & Perch scouted and planned buys, Gosling & Campbell were opportunistic signings, and Ben Arfa just landed at our door (quite literally). I'd say we've been very, very fortunate with the way things have turned out this season rather than it's come about through great planning.

Do you remember how well we planned over the Summer for our year in the Championship too?

I remeber how we planned to be sold that summer which didn't exactly help. Nevertheless, we did enough to get straight back out of the division.

You

all this discussion here is Zzzzzzzzzzz for me

I wish I was bored by it, but sadly it depresses me.

You guys are talking about all hypothetical terms..... we can not think in that and assume like that.....Let see what happen first then we will start discussing.....

You

all this discussion here is Zzzzzzzzzzz for me

I wish I was bored by it, but sadly it depresses me.

You guys are talking about all hypothetical terms..... we can not think in that and assume like that.....Let see what happen first then we will start discussing.....

I know, it's the fact that people are posting as if they know for a fact which is annoying.

I may be wrong, but somehow he doesn't look as happy as he was after the January transfer window. I suspect its not so much the sale of Carroll, but the fact that we did not buy any players (other than the loan signing of an injured Ireland). This very much shows our ambition of Ashley really, and Jose probably feels he has to leave to further his career. I would seriously be depressed, but any anger should be directed at Ashley rather than Jose, who did his part in our promotion and is now doing his part in keeping us up.

He'll be sold in the summer.

Thanks. For. That.

No problem.

I'm guessing that is just your opinion?

What else would it be? Foresight?!

Just the way it was so blunt as if you knew it was going to be taking place, wasn't sure if you heard something or just opinion.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jose under a progressive regime would stay I have no doubt about that.

His body language has changed. At blues on tuesday his claps were half hearted as were his celebrations. I have never seen him argue with jonas as much either.

If we show ambition early in the window he may sign on. If not he is gone and I wouldn't begrudge it!

His body language has changed. At blues on tuesday his claps were half hearted as were his celebrations. I have never seen him argue with jonas as much either.

If we show ambition early in the window he may sign on. If not he is gone and I wouldn't begrudge it!

And at Blackburn where he was fantastic, he just went straight down the tunnel.

Even if we spend the whole Carroll fee and more on players, say about £40m, that still probably wouldn't deliver European football for a couple of seasons.

If Jose is set on that then he'll obviously leave, and there's nothing the club can do to stop it.

What about just last Sunday against Blackburn? He was Man of the Match by a million millions and produced one of the best Left Back displays we've seen in a Black and White shirt...was this Enrique looking unhappy? half hearted?

Even if we spend the whole Carroll fee and more on players, say about £40m, that still probably wouldn't deliver European football for a couple of seasons.

If Jose is set on that then he'll obviously leave, and there's nothing the club can do to stop it.

Nothing.... I agree on that and to be upset on that is unrealistic...... If Barca or Madrid come to him we should give him our blessing.....

If we can get over 10m sell him. He's over-rated on here.

I'm sorry but that's a steaming pile of dog shit. The lad is probably in the conversation for the best left back in the division. Those don't just grow on trees and 10 million will not gaurentee an adequate replacement.

I could tell his body language is rather poor right now.  Selling AC and the talk of Man Utd and other large clubs will no doubt have him looking elsewhere. 

Patrick Van Aanholt please if we do have to sell Jose.