José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Like Luke Edwards has his finger on the pulse.

Logic would suggest he could be correct on this issue

No I wouldn't.

Seriously though, 2 or 3 months ago you can find quotes from Enrique about how much he loved it here and how he never wanted to leave. The sale of Carroll may well have prompted this mood swing, but that's all it is for me, a current mood. One that can swing back again in the right circumstances, that's perhaps what we have to hope for.

Guest neesy111

People shouldn't get attached to players so much especially after the Carroll fiasco.  It will only end in tears at some point anycase.

TBH If Enrique does leave I'll think he'll be having one hell of a shock.  At NUFC he has the freedom to make mistakes and has the knowledge that he'll get in the first team, if he goes to a different club and has to compete with other LB's I can easily see him falling down the pecking order, ecspecially considering that he hasn't had competition for LB which if he did would surely knock his confidence.

Yeah. Enrique is a good player and an improved player, but I'm not sure he's good enough for a Champions League club and the Spanish national side. His defending is still a bit hit and miss and he's still prone to giving the ball away in his own half.

Jose Enrique's defending is hit and miss? Are we talking about the same bloke?

Guest neesy111

I reckon them cunts will accept £8m come the summer, justified as "he's out of contract in a year and we didn't want to lose him on a free."

:no:

This board have actually done very well in extracting very good transfer fees from clubs on most deals.

I reckon them cunts will accept £8m come the summer, justified as "he's out of contract in a year and we didn't want to lose him on a free."

:no:

This board have actually done very well in extracting very good transfer fees from clubs on most deals.

And ... £8m is a good amount for a player that has never represented his country and would be a free transfer in a year's time. Would like to see us take at least £12m, personally.

Look guys and girls. Regardless of where Enrique quotes have appeared he wants to go in the summer. Trust me. #nufc

about 3 hours ago via web Retweeted by 1 person

LukeEdwards0

Luke Edwards

Fucking money grabbing cunt. :angry:

Might as well get the "player wants out of NUFC" cliche bingo started.

No I wouldn't.

Seriously though, 2 or 3 months ago you can find quotes from Enrique about how much he loved it here and how he never wanted to leave. The sale of Carroll may well have prompted this mood swing, but that's all it is for me, a current mood. One that can swing back again in the right circumstances, that's perhaps what we have to hope for.

Around the same time Alan "Blair" Pardew was going talking about sorting a deal out for Jose. Jose has knocked them back & Mr Not For Sale is going on about Jose only resigning if we are safe that should be in 3 maybe 4 points time.  I look forward to Jose resigning then, in Pards WE trust.

Whether it be via Twitter, body language or in comments made off the field, there has been a clear change in Jose, first when Hughton went but particularly since we got rid of AC9, to his credit not in terms of his performances however.

He knows there's nothing for an ambitious young footballer at NUFC. I know that too but I'm stuck with it, Andy Carroll should have been stuck with it but Jose certainly is not and has no reason to be.

You can stick your heads in the sand all you like but I think he's a goner and once again, it'll be all the player's fault.

TBH If Enrique does leave I'll think he'll be having one hell of a shock.  At NUFC he has the freedom to make mistakes and has the knowledge that he'll get in the first team, if he goes to a different club and has to compete with other LB's I can easily see him falling down the pecking order, ecspecially considering that he hasn't had competition for LB which if he did would surely knock his confidence.

Yeah. Enrique is a good player and an improved player, but I'm not sure he's good enough for a Champions League club and the Spanish national side. His defending is still a bit hit and miss and he's still prone to giving the ball away in his own half.

Jose Enrique's defending is hit and miss? Are we talking about the same bloke?

apart from that, if he gives the ball away in his own half now and then it's because he's one of the few players in our squad who are good enough to try and play their way out of defence. No doubt we'll finally recognise this when he's replaced with some left-foot version of Ryan Taylor who shits himself if there's a player within 5 yards.

Whether it be via Twitter, body language or in comments made off the field, there has been a clear change in Jose, first when Hughton went but particularly since we got rid of AC9, to his credit not in terms of his performances however.

He knows there's nothing for an ambitious young footballer at NUFC. I know that too but I'm stuck with it, Andy Carroll should have been stuck with it but Jose certainly is not and has no reason to be.

You can stick your heads in the sand all you like but I think he's a goner and once again, it'll be all the player's fault.

I wouldn't begrudge Enrique leaving in the same way i did Carroll...

The problem is anybody we get in is likely to be nowhere near the class of jose as he's the best all round left back we've had for some time and i can see people getting on the back of whoever replaces him 

logic would suggest enriques is in the box seat and will wait to see what happens in the summer.

Nah he is waiting till were safe not the summer Alan has told us

"Jose wants to speak to us when we're safe, and we're not safe yet," Pardew told BBC Newcastle."So the sooner we get safe, the sooner we can talk to him."

Have faith in Pardew. That why its vital we get some quick wins so we can start talking to Jose ASAP.

logic would suggest enriques is in the box seat and will wait to see what happens in the summer.

Nah he is waiting till were safe not the summer Alan has told us

"Jose wants to speak to us when we're safe, and we're not safe yet," Pardew told BBC Newcastle."So the sooner we get safe, the sooner we can talk to him."

Have faith in Pardew. That why its vital we get some quick wins so we can start talking to Jose ASAP.

as i said earlier jose won't consider it till he sees the type of player we bring in.

agree, though i think Enrique was crap in the first half against arsenal - looked like his head was gone. however he's came back from that and had some of the performances of the season. his arguments with Jonas and Loven on the pitch seem to be borne mostly out of frustration - dare i say it because some players in the side aren't at his level of quality and his good work on the ball is going wasted.

however i still think it's possible to persuade Enrique to stay. show the right sort of ambition in the transfer market, knock back offers for our best players and hand him a good contract and i still think he'll be here, barring a bid from the likes of madrid or fucking liverpool.