José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I'd be ok with selling him to anyone of the NEW big 4 (that mean city and not the scousers). They are on a much higher level to us and capelable of CL football. If he went to anyone else I'd feel he was nothing more than a money grabbing cunt.

At the end of the day, Enrique has previously stated that he joined us because he expected CL football.

It's irritating that he sees Villa as a possible destination (if the quotes are true), but at least they are showing ambition with signing like Bent and Makoun.

At the end of the day, Enrique has previously stated that he joined us because he expected CL football.

It's irritating that he sees Villa as a possible destination (if the quotes are true), but at least they are showing ambition with signing like Bent and Makoun.

Its crazy to think how much ground we lost in the january window, due to lack of ambition.

It starting to show now, best players wants away. We have to buy some good players early in the summer window to stop this effect. Wait to long, and we lose the best players....

Guest Stephen927

He expected Champions League football when he came here, it didn't work out and he ended up staying here and putting in great shifts no matter what league we have been in. I don't begrudge him a move as he is a top, top player, and has shown this club a lot of respect through his commitment and attitude. The owner will not allow this club to progress to match the ambitions of our better players, they'll likely all want to leave rather than be part of a safe team with no desire to improve beyond.

My only concern is he will likely be replaced with someone like Paul Konchesky.

I wonder how many points we'll need before we are considered 'safe' enough for the proper planning of next season (including opening contract negotiations with these players) can begin.

:lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/chris-hughton-newcastle-premier-league

Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

8/4/10 to 16/8/10 = 3 players signed before the season started, 2 frees and one for £2m? None of them signed as starters, one of whom was unfit for a month and one who would be injured for the majority of the season.

:doh:

Touché. :(

And then a few more came in later in the window like Moyo, Ben Arfa, and Tiote. Come on UV, we may have had all the time in the world to plan, but I think it's fair to say a lot of players and clubs will hold out for as long as possible to see if any better offers/clubs come in.

There is no reason at all to believe negotiations didn't begin well before any deals were actually finalised.

Interesting that no other source is carrying the quotes either. I'm cautiously optimstic about this one, probably because I want to be.

The full interview is in Marca and also mentions broken promises. Is a worse read than the Mail quotation.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I'd be 100% gutted if he left but I'd not be angry at him. He's too good for us, that is the way we are now realistically not the way we are in our heads.

Once again kenny is pillageing this club of our best players. Wouldnt be surprised if he offered Paul f***ing konchesky as a incentive.

I fear that might happen.  Did Konchesky play for Pardew at West Ham?

Nee way, Paul f***ing konchesky is nearly 30. We can't make a profit on someone that old. O0

Once again kenny is pillageing this club of our best players. Wouldnt be surprised if he offered Paul f***ing konchesky as a incentive.

Please let this not happen.

Will Carol be happy with her boy playing so far north?

Interesting that no other source is carrying the quotes either. I'm cautiously optimstic about this one, probably because I want to be.

The full interview is in Marca and also mentions broken promises. Is a worse read than the Mail quotation.

I don't like the sound of that

Ah, bugger. I'm going to regret this, but any translations? :weep:

Guest palnese

From google translate

Jose Enrique is ambitious. The Spanish side is still one of the most average defenses minutes in the Premier League and has led high performance teams like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa are interested in him. Recognizes that is very comfortable in Newcastle but wants to aim higher.

How do you analyze the season that is making the Newcastle?

The Premier League is tight and is difficult to be placed in the upper part of the classification. We have won several important games and are now ninth. Our position is good and the next two games we play in St. James Park. With three more games would be saved, which is the main objective.

Do you think there team to get into Europe League?

You never know but it is very difficult. That was the first goal of the season, but the reality is different. Today it is very difficult to get into the Europa League. The staff has been cut with the outputs we've had.

Do you think it will affect the progress of Andy Carroll to Liverpool?

Yes, but only by Carroll. He was a great striker for us, won all the aerial balls and was a key player for Newcastle. But other players are gone and we have a short staff. There are colleagues who made their debut in the Premiership this year and we have positions that we have no parts. We all know that we have a young workforce and if we play with teams 'top' ... If we have any injuries of any major player, will have problems. I have promised that all the money going to sign players Carroll. I hope so.

Speaking of Liverpool, the 'red' you have looked at for next season ...

I read in English newspapers that teams like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa want me and that's a compliment. They are big teams in England. Now I'm happy at Newcastle but not close the door to anything. I love the fans here and ISCED. I have suffered with the team, with the fall two years ago and have to be realistic. Newcastle is not working well, has made promises it has failed and I am ambitious. I want to play in the Champions League, major competitions and to go to the Spanish team.

You have 16 months to complete their contract, Do you intend to stay in Newcastle?

I've always said I'm fine on this computer (wat :lol:). It is true that I have promised things that have not complied. Like any player, I want to win titles and not the goal is permanence. I want to say to my children in the future I've played the Champions League or the Spanish. I am ambitious and I do not close the door to anything.

Little by little, he is knocking on the doors of the selection, is able to make the jump to the Red?

I have the illusion of the senior national team debut. I work to get the chance someday. I want to be prepared to do well with red. Now is complicated because it is betting on the World block. That's fair. But I'm ready to jump in and have a good performance. I am one who thinks that work, everything comes.

http://www.marca.com/2011/02/17/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1297928544.html

From google translate

Jose Enrique is ambitious. The Spanish side is still one of the most average defenses minutes in the Premier League and has led high performance teams like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa are interested in him. Recognizes that is very comfortable in Newcastle but wants to aim higher.

How do you analyze the season that is making the Newcastle?

The Premier League is tight and is difficult to be placed in the upper part of the classification. We have won several important games and are now ninth. Our position is good and the next two games we play in St. James Park. With three more games would be saved, which is the main objective.

Do you think there team to get into Europe League?

You never know but it is very difficult. That was the first goal of the season, but the reality is different. Today it is very difficult to get into the Europa League. The staff has been cut with the outputs we've had.

Do you think it will affect the progress of Andy Carroll to Liverpool?

Yes, but only by Carroll. He was a great striker for us, won all the aerial balls and was a key player for Newcastle. But other players are gone and we have a short staff. There are colleagues who made their debut in the Premiership this year and we have positions that we have no parts. We all know that we have a young workforce and if we play with teams 'top' ... If we have any injuries of any major player, will have problems. I have promised that all the money going to sign players Carroll. I hope so.

Speaking of Liverpool, the 'red' you have looked at for next season ...

I read in English newspapers that teams like Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa want me and that's a compliment. They are big teams in England. Now I'm happy at Newcastle but not close the door to anything. I love the fans here and ISCED. I have suffered with the team, with the fall two years ago and have to be realistic. Newcastle is not working well, has made promises it has failed and I am ambitious. I want to play in the Champions League, major competitions and to go to the Spanish team.

You have 16 months to complete their contract, Do you intend to stay in Newcastle?

I've always said I'm fine on this computer (wat :lol:). It is true that I have promised things that have not complied. Like any player, I want to win titles and not the goal is permanence. I want to say to my children in the future I've played the Champions League or the Spanish. I am ambitious and I do not close the door to anything.

Little by little, he is knocking on the doors of the selection, is able to make the jump to the Red?

I have the illusion of the senior national team debut. I work to get the chance someday. I want to be prepared to do well with red. Now is complicated because it is betting on the World block. That's fair. But I'm ready to jump in and have a good performance. I am one who thinks that work, everything comes.

Actually, if anything, that makes me feel a bit happier. :lol:

More possitive now that he can be persuaded, and it's not a foregone conclusion. :thup:

Please let this not happen.

He was gash last night playing against Scunthorpe!

Actually, if anything, that makes me feel a bit happier. :lol:

More possitive now that he can be persuaded, and it's not a foregone conclusion. :thup:

It's closer to how he'd say it in English at the very least.

I wonder how many points we'll need before we are considered 'safe' enough for the proper planning of next season (including opening contract negotiations with these players) can begin.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/chris-hughton-newcastle-premier-league

Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

8/4/10 to 16/8/10 = 3 players signed before the season started, 2 frees and one for £2m? None of them signed as starters, one of whom was unfit for a month and one who would be injured for the majority of the season.

:doh:

Touché. :(

And then a few more came in later in the window like Moyo, Ben Arfa, and Tiote. Come on UV, we may have had all the time in the world to plan, but I think it's fair to say a lot of players and clubs will hold out for as long as possible to see if any better offers/clubs come in.

There is no reason at all to believe negotiations didn't begin well before any deals were actually finalised.

5? I count 2, and one of those almost turned up on our doorstep by accident.

Stealth edit I see.

The point was about early planning for the next season. I'd only call Tiote & Perch scouted and planned buys, Gosling & Campbell were opportunistic signings, and Ben Arfa just landed at our door (quite literally). I'd say we've been very, very fortunate with the way things have turned out this season rather than it's come about through great planning.

Do you remember how well we planned over the Summer for our year in the Championship too?