José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

As has been mentioned, if anything reading the full interview makes me feel slightly better. Interesting to note that he considers 44 points as the level required for safety this year.

The reference to broken promises isn't good though. Strong words.

Yep to both. Any Spanish speakers able to say whether the Spanglish translation is a good representation of how he said things? VI, O-N...?

Looked like a pretty truthful interview from Jose. He loves the fans and the city, but he's ambitious.

The only "ambition" the players will have heard coming out of the Ashley camp is about making the club financially stable and self-sufficient (hence wage caps etc). But as we know that's not the kind of ambition a top footballer is interested in.

Carroll's sale was always going to have a big psychological effect inside the club, something that can't be measured however much money is coming in. and probably not something that is likely to have been understood or considered by the owner.

If Jose does go, good luck to him; he's given us four good years.

Unfortunately, he's pretty nigh irreplaceable. All we can do, hopefully, is strengthen other positions in the team/squad.

I can't see how dropping him will do anything for our prospects at all. He won't sign, and squad morale will be negatively affected.

How will it put anyone but him on a downer? If anythIng it'll boost that of a young player replacIng him and give them some

Prem experience. His performances have dropped anyway

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Once we are secure in the league we should think about dropping him, at least until he signs a deal. If he doesn't at least we've looked at our options within the squad ie ferguson & kadar.

Bad idea.

I can't see how dropping him will do anything for our prospects at all. He won't sign, and squad morale will be negatively affected.

How will it put anyone but him on a downer? If anythIng it'll boost that of a young player replacIng him and give them some

Why on Earth would you want to put him on a "downer"?

And have they? He's been outstanding in our last two games.

Have they fuck man. :lol:

It would send out a terrible message, even worse than the one that seems prevalent at present about the club's future.

Much better idea to make him super happy here winning games and doing well and hope he decides to stay than to drop him and accept that he's leaving (as well as alert people that you're willing to get rid, reducing his value).

Much better idea to make him super happy here winning games and doing well and hope he decides to stay than to drop him and accept that he's leaving (as well as alert people that you're willing to get rid, reducing his value).

That's not working though, if the fuker thinks he's too big for us and wants to run his contract down then he can piss off. If he doesn't want to play for us then lets dish it out early for him, enjoy the reserves Jose.

:thup:

Can't see a single positive to dropping him other than giving a youngster a chance. Which just isn't enough tbh.

We should keep him until the end of his contract IMO, and hope that in that time we manage to improve enough that he wants to stay on.

Say the alternative was to sell him in the summer for £8m, I would much rather write that money off and take the risk.

His performances haven't dropped at all, he's been immense in nearly every game.

I don't want him on a downer but Dave reckons the morale would drop for the team, i simply said it wouldn't effect anyone else bar him.

I don't want him on a downer but Dave reckons the morale would drop for the team, i simply said it wouldn't effect anyone else bar him.

Aye righto, Coloccini and Jonas will be over the moon when they see their mate dropped without reason, not to mention all his other friends at the club.

Did wonders for Ruud Gullit when he made Rob Lee train with the reserves, Shearer was well chuffed. Give over man.

Once we are secure in the league we should think about dropping him, at least until he signs a deal. If he doesn't at least we've looked at our options within the squad ie ferguson & kadar.

Terrible idea. Sounds like something Souness would do.

We should keep him until the end of his contract IMO, and hope that in that time we manage to improve enough that he wants to stay on.

Say the alternative was to sell him in the summer for £8m, I would much rather write that money off and take the risk.

His performances haven't dropped at all, he's been immense in nearly every game.

I'd agree with that

Guest EastEndGeordie

I want to know why Enrique shouldn't stay with us. Show some loyalty Enrique nevermind telling the truth, who's he going to go to that are actually better then us? Liverpool seem to be the only ones and their little bubble has already started to burst with the Wigan match. Stay put Enrique we're a young squad  beating teams like Villa 6-0.

Aye righto, Coloccini and Jonas will be over the moon when they see their mate dropped without reason, not to mention all his other friends at the club.

Did wonders for Ruud Gullit when he made Rob Lee train with the reserves, Shearer was well chuffed. Give over man.

So we should let Jonas & Colo pick the team, why have a manager? Can't remember Rob Lee wanting away and thinking the club was beneath him.

Possibly Jonas and Coloccini.

It will prepare the soft shits for when he leaves.