José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Whether it be via Twitter, body language or in comments made off the field, there has been a clear change in Jose, first when Hughton went but particularly since we got rid of AC9, to his credit not in terms of his performances however.

He knows there's nothing for an ambitious young footballer at NUFC. I know that too but I'm stuck with it, Andy Carroll should have been stuck with it but Jose certainly is not and has no reason to be.

You can stick your heads in the sand all you like but I think he's a goner and once again, it'll be all the player's fault.

agree, though i think Enrique was crap in the first half against arsenal - looked like his head was gone. however he's came back from that and had some of the performances of the season. his arguments with Jonas and Loven on the pitch seem to be borne mostly out of frustration - dare i say it because some players in the side aren't at his level of quality and his good work on the ball is going wasted.

however i still think it's possible to persuade Enrique to stay. show the right sort of ambition in the transfer market, knock back offers for our best players and hand him a good contract and i still think he'll be here, barring a bid from the likes of madrid or f***ing liverpool.

go on then, i asked before and nobody seems to want to answer.

Whether it be via Twitter, body language or in comments made off the field, there has been a clear change in Jose, first when Hughton went but particularly since we got rid of AC9, to his credit not in terms of his performances however.

He knows there's nothing for an ambitious young footballer at NUFC. I know that too but I'm stuck with it, Andy Carroll should have been stuck with it but Jose certainly is not and has no reason to be.

You can stick your heads in the sand all you like but I think he's a goner and once again, it'll be all the player's fault.

agree, though i think Enrique was crap in the first half against arsenal - looked like his head was gone. however he's came back from that and had some of the performances of the season. his arguments with Jonas and Loven on the pitch seem to be borne mostly out of frustration - dare i say it because some players in the side aren't at his level of quality and his good work on the ball is going wasted.

however i still think it's possible to persuade Enrique to stay. show the right sort of ambition in the transfer market, knock back offers for our best players and hand him a good contract and i still think he'll be here, barring a bid from the likes of madrid or f***ing liverpool.

I think I did.

:sadnod: Like I said before, if I was an ambitious young footballer with a few braincells I wouldn't want to stick around these gambling idiots. Enrique probably does love the club and the fans to bits but he has to think firstly about himself and his career and fair play to him whatever he chooses.

I think I did.

where ? i've been out.

:sadnod: Like I said before, if I was an ambitious young footballer with a few braincells I wouldn't want to stick around these gambling idiots. Enrique probably does love the club and the fans to bits but he has to think firstly about himself and his career and fair play to him whatever he chooses.

of course you would if you thought it was your best option. do you think he came here in the first place cos he loved the club and fans ?

I think I did.

where ? i've been out.

I want to see the team improve, then the squad improve by quite a bit with the AC & SKY money in the coffers next summer. I cant put a number in ££££'s on it. For me what would show intent is getting the majority of singings in early so they are there for the 1st day of pre-season & nobody of importance being sold on the last day of the window.

I think I did.

where ? i've been out.

I want to see the team improve, then the squad improve by quite a bit with the AC & SKY money in the coffers next summer. I cant put a number in ££££'s on it. For me what would show intent is getting the majority of singings in early so they are there for the 1st day of pre-season & nobody of importance being sold on the last day of the window.

Hmmmmmm, quite vague in view of the original question.

of course you would if you thought it was your best option. do you think he came here in the first place cos he loved the club and fans ?

No, why would I think that? Don't understand what you are getting at.

I think I did.

where ? i've been out.

It is the exact same thing you said "certainly would" earlier onto :lol:

When you went out where did you go? Your not usually this cranky till after midnight.

it was in response in particular to your first sentence quoted, thats why you would stick around, if we were the best option even if we didn't have "these gambling idiots".

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

however i still think it's possible to persuade Enrique to stay. show the right sort of ambition in the transfer market, knock back offers for our best players and hand him a good contract and i still think he'll be here, barring a bid from the likes of madrid or fucking liverpool.

It's not going to happen, though.

I think I did.

where ? i've been out.

It is the exact same thing you said "certainly would" earlier onto :lol:

When you went out where did you go? Your not usually this cranky till after midnight.

pick the girls up from school. been getting out of bed at 0400 so no late nighters.

right then , what did i say "certainly would " to ?

my original question was to those wanting greater ambition and i wanted to know what that meant.....was it just investing the carroll money on the squad, or the carroll money plus any profit from this season (if any) or do some want ashley to finance a splurge and us building up some more debt ?

edit...just checked and the spence would be happy with us spending the carroll money and any profit by the look of it, that right ?

it was in response in particular to your first sentence quoted, thats why you would stick around, if we were the best option even if we didn't have "these gambling idiots".

It would certainly make a huge difference to me if I loved the club and the area yes.

It would certainly make a huge difference to me if I loved the club and the area yes.

and that works for how many professional footballers ?

Not sure however I am quite sure it can contribute positively towards Enrique staying if the rest of his demands that the club delivers its promises are met.

Not sure however I am quite sure it can contribute positively towards Enrique staying if the rest of his demands that the club delivers its promises are met.

all it can promise is to give him what they think he is worth/can afford whilst strengthening the squad as best they can.

Sometimes people need to step back and think what they would do if it was a job other than football. Pretty sure a lot of people in this board have moved from Newcastle (or whatever place they're from) to get better/more paid career opportunities.

Reading the actual context of the interview it isn't as bad as the Mail first phrased it but the broken promises comment is pretty damning.

The Man United/Liverpool comments aren't particularly suprising, it's a harsh fact players heads are going to be turned by bigger clubs until we show some ambition, it's up to us to assure him the Carroll money will be injected back into the playing squad.

Jose is an absolute class act, if he leaves I wish him all the best but as it stands there's a long way to go and people really need to wait and see instead of throwing their toys out the pram. It's inevitable he'll go eventually, I just hope we can get a few more decent years out of the lad.

Whatever happens, he's the best left back I've ever seen play for us.

This is how I will remember him. He's a fantastic player and he looks about ready to step his game up. Everyone here shares his ambitions its just unfortunate mike isn't on the same playing field as the rest of us.