José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Not sure why Villa's so funny. While he's been in this country, they've finished 6th three times, played in Europe, spent a fortune and just bought a 24m centre forward. Meanwhile he's been here with Kinnear as manager, sack the one who got us promoted, seen us sell everyone we've had an offer for and been relegated. Black and white specs firmly on if you think we look a better career move.

Interesting to know that the team's aim at the beginning is Europa League qualification.  :thup: Which also means he could be satisfied with that, and it is an achievable aim in the near future if not this season provided we reinvest the Carroll money wisely.

I would like to think that the 'broken promises' relates to the sale of Carroll and not bringing in reinforcements to strengthen the team, rather than any contractual issues. Do that in the summer and we should still have a reasonable chance of keeping him. Sell him and incur the wrath of Barton and the team. I reckon a Barton headbutt or a Smith reducer on Ashley will then be very much applauded.

Not sure why Villa's so funny. While he's been in this country, they've finished 6th three times, played in Europe, spent a fortune and just bought a 24m centre forward. Meanwhile he's been here with Kinnear as manager, sack the one who got us promoted, seen us sell everyone we've had an offer for and been relegated. Black and white specs firmly on if you think we look a better career move.

This. A player like Jose isn't going to turn his nose up at Villa right now. It'll be a shame to see him go, and it's only really hitting me now, as I've kept positive about keeping him until now. But those quotes have forced me to accept he'll be leaving in the near future, unless Ashley makes a BIG play to prove we're going places. Which I'm just not confident he'll do.

Disappointing if he goes in the summer, but to me it points to some of the players realizing that there is a lack of ambition from Ashley and if that's the case, then why should they stick around under the current regime? Jose has done his bit for us - stuck around when we got relegated and has been great since we came back up. I wouldn't blame him for leaving if there is no desire to push on. Back to the days of Westwood and McKeag, IMO.

Yes, that's it BG - funny how everything seems to go in circles !

"ambition" has been mentioned a few times in this thread. just wondering from our current position what people see as "showing ambition" ? is it investing the carroll money in the squad or that and any projected profit from this season or do we want ashley to sub the club more baring in mind we'll still owe it to our owner.

many have said sunderland ought to be worried as ellis short won't want to be stumping up 25mill or so every year, isn't it similar ?

Moving to Villa wouldn´t be an ambitious move. They wont´be in Europe next season and I can´t see them competing  for a champ league place in coming years. Man U, Man C, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool will take the top 5 guranteed and it will be up to the remaining the teams to fight for the 6-7th place Europa league spots. Think it would be daft to move from a club that you like and are very popular amongst the fans for a possible chance to play in the Europa league in 2 years time. He can do a lot better than Villa.

I think the major issue here is that so long as he's here, he's not going to get in the Spanish squad. Atleast i can imagine that's what he's thinking. But only a move back to Spain would upgrade the chances of that, imo. If the Spanish coaches aren't picking him whilst he's at Newcastle, i don't see why they'd pick him whilst he's at Villa.

I really fucking hope we get into Europe. Forget relegation, it was never, ever happening; the next three games are absolutely massive.

If we finish the season well - with Ben Arfa lighting up the world - we could get Europa League. If he gets his Spain call-up in the meantime (somebody said Del Bosque nearly did it recently) and we announce a signing early.......then maybe theres a chance.

"ambition" has been mentioned a few times in this thread. just wondering from our current position what people see as "showing ambition" ? is it investing the carroll money in the squad or that and any projected profit from this season or do we want ashley to sub the club more baring in mind we'll still owe it to our owner.

Maddy back in the day when Mckeag & Co let Willie Mc spend all the Gazza money did you think then Mckeag was being ambitious?

If we finish the season well - with Ben Arfa lighting up the world - we could get Europa League. If he gets his Spain call-up in the meantime (somebody said Del Bosque nearly did it recently) and we announce a signing early.......then maybe theres a chance.

A chance when in comes to leaving for Liverpool or Villa , but if Man United puts in a bid , he can't say no.

If he gets a call-up by the end of the season and we make Europe, i think that'll be enough. I really do think it'll be about the national team for Jose.

Maddy back in the day when Mckeag & Co let Willie Mc spend all the Gazza money did you think then Mckeag was being ambitious?

if it had paid off, maybe.

whats your answer by the way ?

Moving to Villa wouldn´t be an ambitious move. They wont´be in Europe next season and I can´t see them competing  for a champ league place in coming years. Man U, Man C, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool will take the top 5 guranteed and it will be up to the remaining the teams to fight for the 6-7th place Europa league spots. Think it would be daft to move from a club that you like and are very popular amongst the fans for a possible chance to play in the Europa league in 2 years time. He can do a lot better than Villa.

You don't rate Arsenal, do you?  ;D

But I get your point. In a season or two we will hopefully be an even better team than Villa if we spend wisely in the transfer windows.

That, and moving to Villa wouldn't help his chances of getting into the national setup in the slightest.

We need to get to 41pts asap then start offering him talks for a new deal, try and quickly get this and barton's through, if either start rejecting we start listening to offers and get good money for them and rebuild the entire team around Tiote & HBA.

We need to get to 41pts asap then start offering him talks for a new deal, try and quickly get this and barton's through, if either start rejecting we start listening to offers and get good money for them and rebuild the entire team around Tiote & HBA.

you know fine well he'd not sign till he sees the types of player we bring in.

That, and moving to Villa wouldn't help his chances of getting into the national setup in the slightest.

Yea, just look at Arteta. Being brilliant for Everton doesn´t seem to help him much.

Guest Roger Kint

Will also depend on if we can offer him the wage he would want, not sure what he is on now but he will no doubt ask for more to stay which could be a problem.

Yea, just look at Arteta. Being brilliant for Everton doesn´t seem to help him much.

Getting into Spain's midfield is a little bit harder than left back.

All depends if it pays off or not really.

But joking aside. I want to see the team improve, then the squad improve by quite a bit with the AC & SKY money in the coffers next summer. I cant put a number in ££££'s on it. For me what would show intent is getting the majority of singings in early so they are there for the 1st day of pre-season & nobody of importance being sold on the last day of the window.

Will also depend on if we can offer him the wage he would want, not sure what he is on now but he will no doubt ask for more to stay which could be a problem.

they'll give him more. whether that will be enough....who knows ?

All depends if it pays off or not really.

But joking aside. I want to see the team improve, then the squad improve by quite a bit with the AC & SKY money in the coffers next summer. I cant put a number in ££££'s on it. For me what would show intent is getting the majority of singings in early so they are there for the 1st day of pre-season & nobody of importance being sold on the last day of the window.

certainly would. is there a raise to the sky money next season. rumours are we expect to just about break even this season. (carroll money aside)

As has been mentioned, if anything reading the full interview makes me feel slightly better. Interesting to note that he considers 44 points as the level required for safety this year.

The reference to broken promises isn't good though. Strong words.