José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Howaythetoon

Why any player with ambition would want to stay here or join us I do not know. Enrique would be mad to stay here.

if thats the case, fair enough. much harder to replace jose than barton imo

I don't agree. The position Barton plays in is far more important in my opinion. You can get away with having an average full back, not so much with someone in Bartons position.

enrique's a full back who never gets beaten.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why any player with ambition would want to stay here or join us I do not know. Enrique would be mad to stay here.

That's the spirit

Automatic promotion, then potential top ten finish, with £35m in the bank for the Summer - aye, we're headed in oblivion here like. Jump ship while you can Jose!

if thats the case, fair enough. much harder to replace jose than barton imo

Agree. I think you could get someone like Larsson who could do a similar job to Barton pretty easily, finding a proven left-back could be tricky. M'Bengue could be good but it's a gamble. With Enrique you know what you're getting.

True. If we can get him to stay it would be great.

Just noticed this. Dunno if it's been posted:

Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique has denied claims he has been negotiating over a potential move to Liverpool.

The uncapped Spaniard, a 2007 signing from Villarreal, is reportedly stalling on an extension offer to his contract, which expires in the summer of 2012.

Liverpool are believed to be keen on his services with the Reds in the market for more width to provide service for towering centre-forward Andy Carroll.

Carroll and Enrique combined to good effect when together at the Magpies, but the left-back has denied holding talks over a prospective move to Anfield.

"Liverpool is a big club but I am not negotiating with them at the moment, I am calm at Newcastle," he told Radio Marca.

'Dream'

"My dream is to play for the Spain national side and I think that I have a chance.

"I have improved as a footballer since my arrival to England. The Premier League is more competitive than La Liga and I have not received offers to return to Spain.

"The referees in England are not so strict on the field because they permit more action."

Having received a £35million cash injection from the sale of Carroll to Liverpool in January, Enrique believes the Magpies must reinvest the money into the squad.

He added: "Newcastle now needs to buy many players if the club want to be among the best in the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6933546,00.html

"Newcastle now needs to buy many players if the club want to be among the best in the Premier League."

:sadnod:

the fact he's mentioned this in 3 interviews now tells us all we need to know. if he leaves i dont think it'll be for money. and i never have. i couldnt swear it but i'm almost positive all this enrique talk started just after carroll went? (not trying to start the carroll debate again) enrique's got his reasons and they're perfectly justifed imo

"Newcastle now needs to buy many players if the club want to be among the best in the Premier League."

the fact he's mentioned this in 3 interviews now tells us all we need to know. if he leaves i dont think it'll be for money. and i never have. i couldnt swear it but i'm almost positive all this enrique talk started just after carroll went? (not trying to start the carroll debate again) enrique's got his reasons and they're perfectly justifed imo

that would also mean that because the club can't suddenty spend it's way into the champs league that it isn't really the clubs fault should he leave ?

Yep, it set the ball rolling. My fear is that if Enrique goes then it will just snowball and we could lose Jonas, Colo and then whoever else.