José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I'm sure a week or two back some were criticising Enrique for staying quiet.

I was thinking more along the lines of him signing the contract, or handing in a transfer request, you know, the way things should be done. He's stooped to Ashley's levels and people are buying it purely down to their hatred of the board.

Where has this reverence of the sanctity of professionalism in football come from?

Any, more pertinently, why can Ashley lie and cheat, but Enrique has to suffer in silence before releasing a few discrete words in his memoirs aged 40.

If he can change his situation now by going public, why wouldn't he?

The whole, "I'll wait until we're safe" thing, even after the "no capital outlay, bring players through the ranks to sell, etc" not ring any bells? He knew when he made that remark what Ashley was like, yet still played us for fools himself.

It was the middle of the season, what would you have had him say? Honestly. I've got a completely open mind.

Tell me what he should have said.

Jose Enrique is speaking the truth.

Seems most of our "core" players have said it already and im not shocked.

Very worrying. praying for us to be sold.

we're not going to compete for anything else than survival/midtable with mike ashley here.

"Core player", stop that online footie manager thing  :angry:

:lol:

well where would we be without nolan, barton, enrique, colo and carroll?  how good is our team without? its relegation fodder. (however theres a ray of hope if cabaye is any good, and benarfa can stay fit.)

Now he has said that a tweet from another account was not him, but he agrees with some of it.

Not quite sure wtf is going on or if the translation is on the right lines

Where you reading that? His accounts been deleted on mine.

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Enrique3

Is that fake then or is this Jose's way out of all of this?

It is fake man.

real one

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

I think Enrique is reacting to the way we played last night against a team in what is basically a third world footballing nation.  We've had 35 million to invest in the squad and we're a couple of injuries away from playing like we did last night but against better teams.

We were told that money would be spent, I know that has been watered down over time but we don't know what our players were told about investment.

People who are having a go at players for having a go at the club haven't a clue what the players have been told.  I doubt so many players would have a go at the club without reason. 

But neither to the people defending them, they just assume the worst because it's Ashley.

ian, in your world are people ever held accountable for their actions or do you go on giving the benefit of the doubt until the end of time? people dont assume the worst because its ashley, they assume the club will do everything on the cheap because....the club are doing everything on the cheap. at what point do you notice this all tying in? Keegan, Hughton, Pardew, Carroll, nothing spent, Enrique..........

I know Ashley is a cunt etc etc, but every decision he makes isn't wrong by default.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I was thinking more along the lines of him signing the contract, or handing in a transfer request, you know, the way things should be done. He's stooped to Ashley's levels and people are buying it purely down to their hatred of the board.

Where has this reverence of the sanctity of professionalism in football come from?

Any, more pertinently, why can Ashley lie and cheat, but Enrique has to suffer in silence before releasing a few discrete words in his memoirs aged 40.

The whole, "I'll wait until we're safe" thing, even after the "no capital outlay, bring players through the ranks to sell, etc" not ring any bells? He knew when he made that remark what Ashley was like, yet still played us for fools himself.

It was the middle of the season, what would you have had him say? Honestly. I've got a completely open mind.

"I'll help the club survive in the Premier League, but ultimately I want to play for Spain and in the Champions League."

Would many fans have blamed him (or the club) for this?

"I'll help the club survive in the Premier League, but ultimately I want to play for Spain and in the Champions League."

Me, not at all.

I'd have said - hang on, we've got £35m that your gaffer has just committed to spanking on the first team, Jose lad. Hold your horses.

Now, I'd say to him, do whats best for you because there is no way we'll see Top 6 in your career sunshine.

Well said, Jose. It's astonishing to see people still supporting Mike Ashley.

I love how criticising a player = supporting Ashley in your eyes. Knob.

:facepalm: Bit over the top for a MOD like  ;D

Given the stick he got for the second half of the season for people merely suspecting he wanted to move elsewhere - I think the answer is a resounding yes.

Now he has said that a tweet from another account was not him, but he agrees with some of it.

Not quite sure wtf is going on or if the translation is on the right lines

Where you reading that? His accounts been deleted on mine.

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Enrique3

Is that fake then or is this Jose's way out of all of this?

It is fake man.

real one

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Odd, i'm not getting that, mine says "Sorry, that £35m doesn't exist"

Chronic lack of investment and ambition by the board mean we'll continue to lose/alienate our best players.

Better get used to it folks. Buy low, sell high....Stumble on from season to season trying to do it on the cheap with smoke and mirrors and fingers crossed behind the back.

He shouldn't have said it publically but he's right. We're run by small-time cunts.

I'd have said - hang on, we've got £35m that your gaffer has just committed to spanking on the first team, Jose lad. Hold your horses.

Now, I'd say to him, do whats best for you because there is no way we'll see Top 6 in your career sunshine.

Do you think £35m would break the top 5. Serious question.

Do you think £35m would break the top 5. Serious question.

If we didn't sell anybody and added the players we have + a few others - Yes, I don't think it's unthinkable.

I doubt we'd have a chance this year (with a change in system and new personnel) but the following year, I'd have us down as having a hope of top 6.

I love how criticising a player = supporting Ashley in your eyes.

I condone his behaviour in the last x months, but he was saying the truth, the frustrating truth.

With this "revelation" and, if results don't go our way in the coming season, Ashley will feel the heat more and more.

The more pressure on Ashley and co, the better, imo. I still want them  out badly, staying up last season was no reason to lighten the pressure on them, imo.

Chronic lack of investment and ambition by the board mean we'll continue to lose/alienate our best players.

Better get used to it folks. Buy low, sell high....Stumble on from season to season trying to do it on the cheap with smoke and mirrors and fingers crossed behind the back.

He shouldn't have said it publically but he's right. We're run by small-time cunts.

Great post.

Guest bimpy474

Jose Enrique is speaking the truth.

Seems most of our "core" players have said it already and im not shocked.

Very worrying. praying for us to be sold.

we're not going to compete for anything else than survival/midtable with mike ashley here.

"Core player", stop that online footie manager thing  :angry:

:lol:

well where would we be without nolan, barton, enrique, colo and carroll?  how good is our team without? its relegation fodder. (however theres a ray of hope if cabaye is any good, and benarfa can stay fit.)

Erm.....calm down Florence love :)

My reply was a joke about core players used in a online footy game.......i totally agree with point, losing our best players is not exactly clever ;).

I love how criticising a player = supporting Ashley in your eyes.

I condone his behaviour in the last x months, but he was saying the truth, the frustrating truth.

With this "revelation" and, if results don't go our way in the coming season, Ashley will feel the heat more and more.

The more pressure on Ashley and co, the better, imo. I still want them  out badly, staying up last season was no reason to lighten the pressure on them, imo.

Yep - and more proof that PR-dew is a charlatan, which seems to have been overlooked.