José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest thenorthumbrian

I don't like him anymore. Same as with all former players. I support NUFC and the players that are here.

And he's got disgusting nipples based on that medical video.

Don't get too attached to any good player who emerges this season, as soon as we get a half decent offer for them they will be away.

Thats what happens when you support a small time, selling club.

Wigan Athletic with bigger crowds.

And thats no offence to Wigan who are a better run club with an owner who cares about his club and comes across as a reasonable human being.

I was all for phasing Nolan out but I'd have far rather that process involved him becoming a squad player because there were already players getting in the first team ahead of him on merit, not selling him when he was always in the first team when fit.  That's generally what happens when you phase players out, they're on the bench a bit first.  Touch wood with Cabaye like because we're hanging our hat on him to a degree imo.

How do you phase players out on a 4 year contract at 50k a week? Nolan as a squad player? Are you for real? :lol:

He had 2 years left on his contract, there's no reason we couldn't have went into the season with him on his present deal if we'd just treated him with a bit of respect and told him the situation.  But yeah fair enough, lets replace a proven Premier League goalscorer with someone who's never played in the Premier League and hope for the best.

If you can't grasp the idea of phasing a senior player out gradually rather than just getting rid and taking a big risk on his replacement then fair enough.

I thought he wanted a longer contract? Otherwise what was stopping him staying here and fighting for his place?

He wanted a long contract at this point in time specifically so that his kids would have settled schooling for the next few years. That was the deciding factor and why he'd move to the Championship for the security he was after. I don't think Interpolic has grasped this point, which is fair enough.

I don't like him anymore. Same as with all former players. I support NUFC and the players that are here.

Don't get too attached to any good player who emerges this season, as soon as we get a half decent offer for them they will be away.

And thats no offence to Wigan who are a better run club with an owner who cares about his club and comes across as a reasonable human being.

I get attached to our good players, of course I do. I then piss and moan for a day or two when they leave (though the Carroll sale hurt much longer than that). Then I move on.

It's probably just some kind of defence mechanism, or it's based on the fact that players actually changes teams once in a while. It's rare for players in any professional sport to stay at the same club for more than 4-5 years I would think.

Guest Wally_McFool

That's bang on unfortunately! :(

“A lot of Andy Carroll’s goals for Newcastle came from the service he got from Enrique,” Kennedy said. “They linked up very well there and hopefully Carroll will thrive at Liverpool on the balls Enrique puts into him. I think he will bring good balance to the side.

:iamatwat:

;D

Arsenal must be a small-time, selling club too?

"it was always Liverpool"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr he accused the club of lying to him, he lied to all of us about when he would sign his new contract, never intended to sign it once these cunts had tapped him up. Knocked back moves to Spain & Italy, surely for international football a move to Spain would have been best for him?

What's the odds out of all the contact offers Liverpool were offering the highest wage.

I agree with this mind.

Guest thenorthumbrian

;D

That comparison is really valid.

Or possibly not.

"it was always Liverpool"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr he accused the club of lying to him, he lied to all of us about when he would sign his new contract, never intended to sign it once these cunts had tapped him up. Knocked back moves to Spain & Italy, surely for international football a move to Spain would have been best for him?

What's the odds out of all the contact offers Liverpool were offering the highest wage.

I agree with this mind.

Playing for Liverpool seemed to work fine for Torres, Alonso and Arbeloa (Arbeloa was uncapped before moving to Liverpool and Alonso had only played a few games). Obvious that he'll have a lot bigger chance of breaking into the Spanish team playing for Liverpool and I don´t blame him at all for leaving. We sold our best player in january and haven´t replaced him with anyone, sold our captain, are GIVING Barton away and got complete muppets in charge with zero ambition for progress.

;D

Or possibly not.

They're selling their two best players....

;D

Or possibly not.

Look, if you think us and Arsenal are the same type of club at the moment then there is no hope for you.

;D

Or possibly not.

Look, if you think us and Arsenal are the same type of club at the moment then there is no hope for you.

Obviously they are light years ahead of us, but i think the comparison is a valid one as it seems neither club is able to persuade their best players to stay when the big clubs come calling.  To be fair this probably applies to the vast majority of teams in the Premier League.

;D

Or possibly not.

Obviously they are light years ahead of us, but i think the comparison is a valid one as it seems neither club is able to persuade their best players to stay when the big clubs come calling.  To be fair this probably applies to the vast majority of teams in the Premier League.

Precisely the point I was making  :clap: