José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

If we got £12m of Manu for Enrique with a year left on his contract i'd be accepting of the move; begrudgingly.

Hopefully we can tie him down, even if it just means getting more money for him. Something like £20m would be amazing tbf. Same with Tiote, if we get £20-25m for him it shows we are progressing players and more players will want to come and do the same. As long as we ID the right kind of players to replace them its all good.

I don't agree,We'll be a re-building team every year,You don't gain success like that...

We need to keep our core players,Thats what big clubs do.

Newsflash: We are not a big club.

We never will be again if we are willing to sell on our best players.

the problems is that they will want to leave if we don´t gain any success.

Guest TrueToon

If we got £12m of Manu for Enrique with a year left on his contract i'd be accepting of the move; begrudgingly.

Hopefully we can tie him down, even if it just means getting more money for him. Something like £20m would be amazing tbf. Same with Tiote, if we get £20-25m for him it shows we are progressing players and more players will want to come and do the same. As long as we ID the right kind of players to replace them its all good.

I don't agree,We'll be a re-building team every year,You don't gain success like that...

We never will be again if we are willing to sell on our best players.

Exactly my point.

Newsflash: I wasn't saying that..We are working towards being a big club right? So how can we do that if we are re-building each year? We have built the foundations (Colo,Barton,Enrique,Tiote) So they are players we must keep.Everyone else in our team is replacable. But losing one of them 4 would be stupid if we want to acheive big club status and challenge for honours.

Are we? We're working towards being a stable club, being a big club is a long way to go with 5 good teams fighting for CL, and 3 outside teams taking up the Europa spots. In the meantime we need to progress by getting the right prices for our better players when the time and price is right to sell, while getting rid of the shite and making sure we don't sign the like of again. Selling Enrique for £12m with one year to go on his contract is the right time, or would you prefer to keep him for another season and lose him for nothing? I'd say come the summer he'd only be 6 months away from talking to clubs in his native Spain...if he doesn't sign a new deal in the next few months we've got to sell him and that is down to him not the club trying to be a selling club (which every club is BTW - especially at our level)

We've got good foundations like you say, no disputing and it would be nice in an ideal footballing world to build on that and get back in there with the elite, but its not the ideal world and really we have to know our place, that is a club that's just been promoted, with a dodgy owner and no real ambition apart from to be financially stable for the first time in decades.

Are we? We're working towards being a stable club, being a big club is a long way to go with 5 good teams fighting for CL, and 3 outside teams taking up the Europa spots. In the meantime we need to progress by getting the right prices for our better players when the time and price is right to sell, while getting rid of the s**** and making sure we don't sign the like of again. Selling Enrique for £12m with one year to go on his contract is the right time, or would you prefer to keep him for another season and lose him for nothing? I'd say come the summer he'd only be 6 months away from talking to clubs in his native Spain...if he doesn't sign a new deal in the next few months we've got to sell him and that is down to him not the club trying to be a selling club (which every club is BTW - especially at our level)

We've got good foundations like you say, no disputing and it would be nice in an ideal footballing world to build on that and get back in there with the elite, but its not the ideal world and really we have to know our place, that is a club that's just been promoted, with a dodgy owner and no real ambition apart from to be financially stable for the first time in decades.

We need to hold on to players like Enrique or we'll never progress.  Taking £12 million for him will be a backward step and send out all of the wrong signals if we want to move on.

Guest TrueToon

Newsflash: I wasn't saying that..We are working towards being a big club right? So how can we do that if we are re-building each year? We have built the foundations (Colo,Barton,Enrique,Tiote) So they are players we must keep.Everyone else in our team is replacable. But losing one of them 4 would be stupid if we want to acheive big club status and challenge for honours.

Are we? We're working towards being a stable club, being a big club is a long way to go with 5 good teams fighting for CL, and 3 outside teams taking up the Europa spots. In the meantime we need to progress by getting the right prices for our better players when the time and price is right to sell, while getting rid of the s**** and making sure we don't sign the like of again. Selling Enrique for £12m with one year to go on his contract is the right time, or would you prefer to keep him for another season and lose him for nothing? I'd say come the summer he'd only be 6 months away from talking to clubs in his native Spain...if he doesn't sign a new deal in the next few months we've got to sell him and that is down to him not the club trying to be a selling club (which every club is BTW - especially at our level)

No i don't think selling him would be right,It's alright saying we wouldn't get the same money a year later,But what we would get is a player that can help us alot to progress in that year and with that he will stay as long as we keep progressing,I wouldn't mind losing him after a year. Just we need at least another year to keep the ship sailing along and gather momentum.

At the end of the day,In the modern day,If you are in the Premiership and your long term goal isn't to build a team full of the likes of Colo,Tiote,Barton and Enrique and your not working towards being a BIG club competing for honours,Then whats the point?

If we keep selling our best players all the time, there is no point supporting this club. Simple as that.

It's like killing all hope of consistantly being a top 4..5..6 side (you choose). Then you all know we're always going to be mid-table, and when we once in a while get higher, the one or two star-players draggin the race, will be sold in the next window.

Guest TrueToon

But we don't 'keep selling our best players', we've only done in once and that was for absolutely insane money.

We're talking about the future.E.g this summer.With the likes of Jose,Tiote,Colo etc.

But we don't 'keep selling our best players', we've only done in once and that was for absolutely insane money.

We're talking about the future.E.g this summer.With the likes of Jose,Tiote,Colo etc.

OK, well I just prefer not to decide we'll sell all these players before anything has actually happened. I like enjoying having good players at the club rather than constantly saying "he'll be off in the summer", "He's gone" and self-pitying bollocks like that.

This certainty we're selling all our good players is killing almost every thread at the moment, it's depressing as fuck.

£12m in the summer for a player with a year left and 6 months to talk to other clubs is a very good price. £20-25m for Tiote after one good season is an incredible price. If these kind of bids come in from top clubs we'd not have any option but to accept as the players themselves will want the moves, Carroll has proven that and it wasn't even to an elite club, just one living off past glories.

That's where we are, we've just got to keep bringing in the talent and avoiding the shite until were in a position where the players want to stay because they are where they belong.

OK, well I just prefer not to decide we'll sell all these players before anything has actually happened. I like enjoying having good players at the club rather than constantly saying "he'll be off in the summer", "He's gone" and self-pitying bollocks like that.

This certainty we're selling all our good players is killing almost every thread at the moment, it's depressing as fuck.

I've not once said that though. I've told people to just enjoy the time we've got with them and worry about it at the end of the season, this is about being a step ahead of that tbh by accepting where we are and hoping we'll get the right prices if the players do want to move.

Well if you didn't say that then I'm not disagreeing with you! ???

There are a lot of people who are always on about how this or that player is definitely leaving though. I guess it's partly a reason to have a pre-emptive moan at Ashley, and partly because people love wallowing in a bit of self pity.

Well if you didn't say that then I'm not disagreeing with you! ???

There are a lot of people who are always on about how this or that player is definitely leaving though. I guess it's partly a reason to have a pre-emptive moan at Ashley, and partly because people love wallowing in a bit of self pity.

Massively agree with the last bit.  :thup:

As I said on Tiote:

Why not worry about this in the summer? No point in ruining 4 months of football fretting over something like this. He's ours till then no matter what. Is it going to be like this every time we get a decent player through the doors? Or are we just so used to signing shite upon shite we can't handle having decent players at the club?

And if good footballers wanting to prove themselves see us as a stepping stone off selling the like of Carroll and Tiote for daft money then so be it, as there will come a time when we can hold on to them for good and hopefully if we've done it right we've got a really healthy bank balance in the process.

Guest palnese

If, god forbid, we do sell I hope to fuck he goes abroad and is never seen on these shores again aside from being half time hero.

Agreed. I fear Liverpool though.

It's not self-pitying, that would be 'why is it always us?'. It's maybe more self-protecting - ambivalent attachment to good things is natural and maybe advisable when you've got strong reason to expect them to be ripped away in unhappy circumstances.

The attitude isn't killing all the threads, the people who've created the attitude among supporters are, and yes it is depressing as fuck to think it's not going to change regardless of how healthy the bank balance becomes.

Eh?! ???

Milner? N'Zogbia? Given? Bassong? Beye? Faye?

A ludicrous post.

i think he means without the player activly agitating for a move in which circumstances even the man utd's etc of this world struggle to keep hold if offered the right money.

If, god forbid, we do sell I hope to fuck he goes abroad and is never seen on these shores again aside from being half time hero.

Agreed. I fear Liverpool though.

Anywhere but there. Don't think they'll have many notes in the summer tbh. Spunked their load already so unless they get rid of a few I can't see it. All might depend on what Man United, Madrid and Evra.