José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest neesy111

Better than potentially not having a club which would have happened under previous regime.

That's not true, we would probably have a different owner and a slightly different name.

Probable and potentially are just about the same thing.  Both things are hypothetical hence why I said potentially we could have gone out of business.

How many Premier League clubs have disappeared due to financial problems? None. Only one has ever gone into administration and they were punching way above their weight to start with.

The club's finances were in a poor state when Ashley arrived but some go way overboard with it IMO.

How many Premier League clubs have disappeared due to financial problems? None. Only one has ever gone into administration and they were punching way above their weight to start with.

well leeds went down because of financial trouble and are only getting their act together now

why has a financial and overall discussion hijacked the thread thats supposed to be dedicated to the brilliance of enrique,

so to get things back on track enrique :smitten:

Because our fantastic Enrique will most likely be packing his bags this summer for financial reasons.

Sevilla has this policy in early noughties and Arsenal still do.  Doesn't exactly hamper them though.

Yes, but they didn't have Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias running running them :facepalm:

From our signings this season in Ben Arfa and Tiote i would say things are going in the right direction transfer policy wise.

No, two different points. I'm not denying the possibility they can run (parts of) a club well, I'm saying Arsenal and Sevilla had Boards that wanted to achieve footballing success, whereas I suggest Ashley and Llambias don't . And for good measure they'll denigrate the club by treating it like a prostitute, going for streaks across the pitch, abusing good club servants and appointing Joe Kinnears of the world.

This is really the fundamental difference between those that give Ashley a chance and those that won't.

The utter f*ck ups of the past involving KK, Wise, JFK etc cannot be defended. The rare public pronouncements from "the club" by  Llambias suggest that he is an utter c*nt with no class about him whatsoever. And from that perspective I welcome Pardew who does at least make an effort to communicate in a way that those that follow our club can relate to.

The key though is whether there is anything about Ashley that wants the club to succeed on the pitch. I can totally understand the point of view you (and others) put forward and there is plenty of "previous" to back up your case. Fwiw I do think Ashley wants success. I don't think he wants to turn up and watch the team he owns being mediocre also rans. But he wants it done his way, and there is clearly a financial cap on what he will and what he won't do. He's stuck many millions into the club and to date not recovered any of it. How he responds to that situation is where his strategy will be defined. And of course if he really does want success there is the question of whether it is possible under the model he is operating. It is almost certain that whatever strategy he adopts it will depart from the one wanted by a lot of fans as it will not involve large funds of fresh investment in the squad.

:thup:

I do agree to an extent that he'd probably still like to own a successful team in and of itself. That said, I believe it comes a distant third to financial concerns (1] No more losses 2] Reduce losses 3] Make profit), with proving people wrong/not giving them the satisfaction of 'beating him' also probably taking the silver medal. As such, any team success would come out of little glory runs in cups and the league - upsets. The team likely being broken up not long after, out of deference to the greater cause.

why has a financial and overall discussion hijacked the thread thats supposed to be dedicated to the brilliance of enrique,

so to get things back on track enrique :smitten:

Because our fantastic Enrique will most likely be packing his bags this summer for financial reasons.

stop worrying and bickering about something that may or may not happen in 5 months time and just focus on his brilliance for now, plenty of time in the summer to argue and bicker over it

This is really the fundamental difference between those that give Ashley a chance and those that won't.

The utter f*ck ups of the past involving KK, Wise, JFK etc cannot be defended. The rare public pronouncements from "the club" by  Llambias suggest that he is an utter c*nt with no class about him whatsoever. And from that perspective I welcome Pardew who does at least make an effort to communicate in a way that those that follow our club can relate to.

The key though is whether there is anything about Ashley that wants the club to succeed on the pitch. I can totally understand the point of view you (and others) put forward and there is plenty of "previous" to back up your case. Fwiw I do think Ashley wants success. I don't think he wants to turn up and watch the team he owns being mediocre also rans. But he wants it done his way, and there is clearly a financial cap on what he will and what he won't do. He's stuck many millions into the club and to date not recovered any of it. How he responds to that situation is where his strategy will be defined. And of course if he really does want success there is the question of whether it is possible under the model he is operating. It is almost certain that whatever strategy he adopts it will depart from the one wanted by a lot of fans as it will not involve large funds of fresh investment in the squad.

Nobody is asking for large funds of fresh investment, we're asking to re-invest what has come in from the Carroll transfer at a time when Llambias has been saying we're close to breaking even.

The club's finances were in a poor state when Ashley arrived but some go way overboard with it IMO.

http://www.wealdenrangersfc.co.uk/sapphire/wealdenrangersfc/Links/Middlesbrough_FC_Club_Badge.gif

http://www.weddingsfc.com/_images/club_logos/leedsunited_logo.gif

http://www.officialfootballcreditcard.co.uk/images/logo_portsmouth.gif

http://www.gbsportsgroup.com/user_images/images/endresults/charlton-badge.jpg

Arguably...

http://www.kelmscottroos.com.au/UKclubs/Sheffield-Wednesday-Logo.png

And also partly base their beliefs on statements released by the Ashley regime after it first took over. They seemed credible enough people at the time, but in light of subsequent events, these claims should also be revisited...  Not saying they weren't bad, they clearly were, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that point was spun to breaking point.

And also partly base their beliefs on statements released by the Ashley regime after it first took over. They seemed credible enough people at the time, but in light of subsequent events, these claims should also be revisited...  Not saying they weren't bad, they clearly were, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that point was spun to breaking point.

It's OK, we've had the club's accounts to pore over since then :thup:

And also partly base their beliefs on statements released by the Ashley regime after it first took over. They seemed credible enough people at the time, but in light of subsequent events, these claims should also be revisited...  Not saying they weren't bad, they clearly were, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that point was spun to breaking point.

It's OK, we've had the club's accounts to pore over since then :thup:

Yes, and they didn't suggest oblivion was approaching. Restructuring was required, not resuscitation (which Shepherd was trying to implement in his own dense way, to be fair). Unless we went and did something stupid like get relegated, of course...

http://www.wealdenrangersfc.co.uk/sapphire/wealdenrangersfc/Links/Middlesbrough_FC_Club_Badge.gif

http://www.weddingsfc.com/_images/club_logos/leedsunited_logo.gif

http://www.officialfootballcreditcard.co.uk/images/logo_portsmouth.gif

http://www.gbsportsgroup.com/user_images/images/endresults/charlton-badge.jpg

Arguably...

http://www.kelmscottroos.com.au/UKclubs/Sheffield-Wednesday-Logo.png

We were in the same division as two of those last season and below one of them.

As I recall a number of the debts were called in due to the change in ownership, which obviously would make things look worse. I'm not saying the cash injection wasn't very welcome, but talk of the club not existing is laughable.

P*rds interview online with BEEB

Reporter:  "When players are in form like that, other people get interested.  Are you prepared for that in the Summer"?

P*rds: "yes of  course, we are prepared for everything.  Its always difficult, you want  to keep your best players".

Adios Jose.

And also partly base their beliefs on statements released by the Ashley regime after it first took over. They seemed credible enough people at the time, but in light of subsequent events, these claims should also be revisited...  Not saying they weren't bad, they clearly were, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that point was spun to breaking point.

As I recall a number of the debts were called in due to the change in ownership, which obviously would make things look worse. I'm not saying the cash injection wasn't very welcome, but talk of the club not existing is laughable.

Yep, that's right. Even if some find it laughable, we had favourable loans based upon debtors having faith in our old administration. For whatever reason (not trying to criticise in this instance), they withdrew their credit when Ashley bought us.

Well, I'd just like to say (feeling a bit wistful here)....

The 4 years he will have been with us by the summer is a comparitively long time for someone to be at a club these days. So I'm feeling grateful.

Its been a complete joy watching him blossom into the best left back i can ever remember in a black and white shirt.

Guest sicko2ndbest

P*rds interview online with BEEB

Reporter:  "When players are in form like that, other people get interested.  Are you prepared for that in the Summer"?

P*rds: "yes of  course, we are prepared for everything.  Its always difficult, you want  to keep your best players".

Adios Jose.

He is not talking about Jose

The 4 years he will have been with us by the summer is a comparitively long time for someone to be at a club these days. So I'm feeling grateful.

Its been a complete joy watching him blossom into the best left back i can ever remember in a black and white shirt.

Find it hard to imagine ever criticising the guy. If he ever does have to leave, I hope he handles everything in a reasonable enough way, and I expect he will. This non-negotiation is a good sign. And I promise I won't believe any 'what a complete bastard' hijinks the club suddenly accuse him of as he goes out the door...

Yep, that's right. Even if some find it laughable, we had favourable loans based upon debtors having faith in our old administration. For whatever reason (not trying to criticise in this instance), they withdrew their credit when Ashley bought us.

The credit getting withdrawn was down to the change in ownership and was always going to happen when the club was sold.  Because they were paid off in full and we had to pay the full interest that would have been paid if the debt went full term.

Has it been mentioned that he is not going to commit according to Pards until we're safe and it was Pards great tactics on Saturday that resulted in his good performance. Ower much mumbo jumbo in here.

We were in the same division as two of those last season and below one of them.

Certainly were, fortunately we had given ourselves the financial cushion of FCB's £££ to stop us heading the same way.

Find it hard to imagine ever criticising the guy. If he ever does have to leave, I hope he handles everything in a reasonable enough way, and I expect he will. This non-negotiation is a good sign. And I promise I won't believe any 'what a complete bastard' hijinks the club suddenly accuse him of as he goes out the door...

That wasn't suitably grateful-sounding, was it?

He's given all we could ask of him and more while he's been here. A great, decent and cheerful character who's played a big role in creating what's been, or should have been, a very special time for the club.

The utter f*ck ups of the past involving KK, Wise, JFK etc cannot be defended. The rare public pronouncements from "the club" by  Llambias suggest that he is an utter c*nt with no class about him whatsoever. And from that perspective I welcome Pardew who does at least make an effort to communicate in a way that those that follow our club can relate to.

Nobody is asking for large funds of fresh investment, we're asking to re-invest what has come in from the Carroll transfer at a time when Llambias has been saying we're close to breaking even.

I was talking in general about the financial model Ashley is operating. The Carroll deal is a case apart, as was Spurs' sale of Berbatov. As it happens I'm not concerned that the every penny of the Carroll money is reinvested tbh, its more a case of getting players in who can do what we need. Over the years some very good players have had cost very little - e.g. Lee, Solano, Given and now Tiote of course. So money spent isn't the criterion I would use.