José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

The question was of them not existing. Even after everything Leeds and Portsmouth went through, they still exist. It's often said that the situation at Leeds was so bad it could never happen again, and they still exist. I can remember reading about how they'd structured things and it was ludicrous. And yet - even though it's taken ten years of rebuilding - they're now competing for a place back in the Premier League. To me, the club is simply too big and too well supported to cease to exist and we're the same.

You're the financial expert, and not once did I say the finances were not in a poor state or that Ashley's cash injection didn't help massively. I just believe the finger pointing at Leeds (and latterly Portsmouth, a w*** club with a tiny stadium and no support) is tantamount to scaremongering.

There's no scaremongering ffs. We were f*cked. It might have  involved administration or it might have  involved someone with wings coming in to bale us out but tell me how you get out of the shyte we were in and you've got an audience.

I never said we weren't 'fucked', or that I could explain anything, aren't you even reading my posts? I disputed the notion that the club MAY NOT EXIST. Something that hasn't happened to any club anywhere near the top division, not even Leeds or Portsmouth.

Am I right in saying you are replying to a point made by neesy?

That's correct in this thread, but it has been cited by a number of people previously.

:thup:

For what its worth  theres no way the club would of 'ceased to exisit' but i'm willing to sacrifice a couple years of ambition as long as it leads to us being in a strong enough position financially to eventually become ambitioous again.

I've seen and heard enough to suggest that we will see decent investment sometime but i dont think it's anytime soon.

Guest neesy111

The question was of them not existing. Even after everything Leeds and Portsmouth went through, they still exist. It's often said that the situation at Leeds was so bad it could never happen again, and they still exist. I can remember reading about how they'd structured things and it was ludicrous. And yet - even though it's taken ten years of rebuilding - they're now competing for a place back in the Premier League. To me, the club is simply too big and too well supported to cease to exist and we're the same.

You're the financial expert, and not once did I say the finances were not in a poor state or that Ashley's cash injection didn't help massively. I just believe the finger pointing at Leeds (and latterly Portsmouth, a w*** club with a tiny stadium and no support) is tantamount to scaremongering.

There's no scaremongering ffs. We were f*cked. It might have  involved administration or it might have  involved someone with wings coming in to bale us out but tell me how you get out of the shyte we were in and you've got an audience.

I never said we weren't 'fucked', or that I could explain anything, aren't you even reading my posts? I disputed the notion that the club MAY NOT EXIST. Something that hasn't happened to any club anywhere near the top division, not even Leeds or Portsmouth.

That's correct in this thread, but it has been cited by a number of people previously.

For what its worth  theres no way the club would of 'ceased to exisit' but i'm willing to sacrifice a couple years of ambition as long as it leads to us being in a strong enough position financially to eventually become ambitioous again.

I've seen and heard enough to suggest that we will see decent investment sometime but i dont think it's anytime soon.

I do believe that relegation has helped the club on a number of fronts and was beneficially on many fronts as the club was rotten to the core.  Usually you have to take a step back to make 2 steps forward and gain that forward momentum to make progress, it could be like that with us.

How many Premier League clubs have disappeared due to financial problems? None. Only one has ever gone into administration and they were punching way above their weight to start with.

The club's finances were in a poor state when Ashley arrived but some go way overboard with it IMO.

And people forget that it was Ashley that brought in the likes of Colo, Enrique, Gutierrez and Xisco on £40k+ wages? (Never mind signing players like Geremi, Smith, Viduka and Cacapa on ridiculous wages as well when he first came here).

Who has forgotten that? He owned the club and backed his manager first up. A mistake of course, followed by a badly thought out over reaction - you don't want Colo and  Enrique (and more controversially Jonas maybe) to play for us? He's funded every decision he's made.

He may have funded all the decisions but the majority have been bad decisions(often quite terrible) that have cost the club money. Instead of writing off these bad decisions that he has made he wants to recuperate the losses with little regard for the direction of the club.

Shocking decisions no argument there. Need some proof on what you say in your second sentence. And how has he shown that he wants to recuperate his losses? The sale of Andy Carroll isn't enough of an answer at present.

How many Premier League clubs have disappeared due to financial problems? None. Only one has ever gone into administration and they were punching way above their weight to start with.

The club's finances were in a poor state when Ashley arrived but some go way overboard with it IMO.

And people forget that it was Ashley that brought in the likes of Colo, Enrique, Gutierrez and Xisco on £40k+ wages? (Never mind signing players like Geremi, Smith, Viduka and Cacapa on ridiculous wages as well when he first came here).

Who has forgotten that? He owned the club and backed his manager first up. A mistake of course, followed by a badly thought out over reaction - you don't want Colo and  Enrique (and more controversially Jonas maybe) to play for us? He's funded every decision he's made.

He may have funded all the decisions but the majority have been bad decisions(often quite terrible) that have cost the club money. Instead of writing off these bad decisions that he has made he wants to recuperate the losses with little regard for the direction of the club.

Shocking decisions no argument there. Need some proof on what you say in your second sentence. And how has he shown that he wants to recuperate his losses? The sale of Andy Carroll isn't enough of an answer at present.

Obviously this is my theory, there is no proof either way. It seems to me that most recently the decision to sack Hughton was made because his main aim is to make the club more profitable so he can sell it on and recuperate his signifcant losses. His terrible decisions have backed him into a corner I feel and he is just trying to make the best of a bad financial situation for himself.

I never said we weren't 'f***ed', or that I could explain anything, aren't you even reading my posts? I disputed the notion that the club MAY NOT EXIST. Something that hasn't happened to any club anywhere near the top division, not even Leeds or Portsmouth.

I do believe that relegation has helped the club on a number of fronts and was beneficially on many fronts as the club was rotten to the core.  Usually you have to take a step back to make 2 steps forward and gain that forward momentum to make progress, it could be like that with us.

If we stay up this year, then it has been, even if we do sell the likes of Enrique and Tiote I won't be overly fussed as long as they're replaced and neither go to fucking Liverpool. Hopefully one day soon we'll be in a strong enough position for Ashley to be ready to sell up.

He's a businessman, making money is his game. If you honestly think that after the time and investment he's put into this club he's just going to sell up the instant it starts making him a return, you've got another thing coming pal.

Obviously this is my theory, there is no proof either way. It seems to me that most recently the decision to sack Hughton was made because his main aim is to make the club more profitable so he can sell it on and recuperate his signifcant losses. His terrible decisions have backed him into a corner I feel and he is just trying to make the best of a bad financial situation for himself.

Spot fucking on. I reckon everything he does from now on will be purely for his own benefit. We'll just have to hope and pray that these decisions also benefit the club

Big difference between the club becoming profitable and Ashley making money out of the club, which I'm not sure he ever will do given his level of investment.

A profitable club certainly increases the chance of finding a buyer.

Spot f***ing on. I reckon everything he does from now on will be purely for his own benefit. We'll just have to hope and pray that these decisions also benefit the club

They said from the very begining and I think it was Mort, that they by failing businesses and turn them round.

They've wanted from the very start to rid the club of the over paid wasters and start a production line of young talent to be sold off. 

Its no secret.

They haven't exactly come out and said that promising, young players are being brought in, developed and then sold off. Of course, we all know that is the plan.

We've all assumed that's the plan because we all hate Ashley.

(Obviously there is plenty of reason to hate him, don't get me wrong).

Who has forgotten that? He owned the club and backed his manager first up. A mistake of course, followed by a badly thought out over reaction - you don't want Colo and  Enrique (and more controversially Jonas maybe) to play for us? He's funded every decision he's made.

Spot fucking on. I reckon everything he does from now on will be purely for his own benefit. We'll just have to hope and pray that these decisions also benefit the club

When it comes to Mike Ashley, "hope" is the denial of reality.

They haven't exactly come out and said that promising, young players are being brought in, developed and then sold off. Of course, we all know that is the plan.

If that is "the plan", it's not a bad plan.

It's his execution of it that is utterly woeful.

It's his execution of it that is utterly woeful at times. Like appointing Kevin Keegan :facepalm:

Guest neesy111

I'm pretty sure Ashley released a statement saying that buying young promising players developing them and selling them on was his plan. ???

Spot f***ing on. I reckon everything he does from now on will be purely for his own benefit. We'll just have to hope and pray that these decisions also benefit the club

They said from the very begining and I think it was Mort, that they by failing businesses and turn them round.

They've wanted from the very start to rid the club of the over paid wasters and start a production line of young talent to be sold off. 

Its no secret.

I doubt he had imagined his shocking decisions would have been quite so costly for him at the start though.

Guest neesy111

It's his execution of it that is utterly woeful at times. Like appointing Kevin Keegan :facepalm:

tbf Stu has it spot on.

Given my very public opinion of Keegan, people might think this is a comment that is deliberately looking for a bite. But approaching and hiring Kevin Keegan was the biggest mistake that Ashley made and it's been all downhill from there.

I bet the same thing happens with Dalglish at Liverpool. You just don't mess with club legends, because you will never come away from the situation as the favourable party.

Guest neesy111

tbf Stu has it spot on.

Given my very public opinion of Keegan, people might think this is a comment that is deliberately looking for a bite. But approaching and hiring Kevin Keegan was the biggest mistake that Ashley made and it's been all downhill from there.

I bet the same thing happens with Dalglish at Liverpool. You just don't mess with club legends, because you will never come away from the situation as the favourable party.

Agreed, though Ashley did listen to the fans over the Keegan appointment.  He topped many polls as who the fans wanted.  Should remember this was the 1st mangerial appointment most fans agreed with as well since Sir Bob's appointment.

Pretty much JH.

The FCB plan isn't that bad, when you look at the overall pros and cons, it's just that he'll be forever tainted as the man who tried "to shoot Bambi" (and was exposed as a liar by the tribunal) so it'd take something completely unimaginable for the supporters to ever trust his judgement again.

This leads to the inevitable second guessing of every decisions, announcement or rumour in the press about what he's doing and why he's doing it.

Pretty much JH.

The FCB plan isn't that bad, when you look at the overall pros and cons, it's just that he'll be forever tainted as the man who tried "to shoot Bambi" (and was exposed as a liar by the tribunal) so it'd take something completely unimaginable for the supporters to ever trust his judgement again.

This leads to the inevitable second guessing of every decisions, announcement or rumour in the press about what he's doing and why he's doing it.

:sadnod:

If he appointed a chairman who actually knew about football and how to run a football club, and met the fans halfway in terms of spending a bit more money on the team, things wouldn't be as bad as claimed.

What he's doing is not actually the wrong way to run a football club, the way he's going about it (lies, lack of communication and trust, unwillingness to loosen the purse strings just a tad) is the major problem.