José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

How much is José Enrique (supposedly) on?

£35k

That's €2m-ish a year, isn't it?

If those are net wages (always get confused if PL wages are net or gross) Real Madrid's and Barça's starting left backs aren't on much more. (Marcelo's reportedly on €2m net/year, Abidal reportedly on €2,5m net/year).

i'd doubt he'd stay if the ambition was to reach the europa, it has to be champs league and i'm not sure how we can realistically convince him of that. we could convince him we are headed in a better direction by making good signings in the summer.

One of the names mentioned was Villa, they have less chance than us of reaching Europe.

I'd also add that I can't believe any player on the planet really aspires to playing in the Europa League.

"Oooh, the glamour, I get to play against FC Titwank (Albania) on a Thursday night in front of 21,000". Don't get me wrong, they should do, but managers, directors and (largely) fans don't give a shit about it these days, it is hard to believe the players do.

£35k

If those are net wages (always get confused if PL wages are net or gross) Real Madrid's and Barça's starting left backs aren't on much more. (Marcelo's reportedly on €2m net/year, Abidal reportedly on €2,5m net/year).

Wages over here are quoted net.

i'd doubt he'd stay if the ambition was to reach the europa, it has to be champs league and i'm not sure how we can realistically convince him of that. we could convince him we are headed in a better direction by making good signings in the summer.

One of the names mentioned was Villa, they have less chance than us of reaching Europe.

I'd also add that I can't believe any player on the planet really aspires to playing in the Europa League.

"Oooh, the glamour, I get to play against FC Titwank (Albania) on a Thursday night in front of 21,000". Don't get me wrong, they should do, but managers, directors and (largely) fans don't give a s*** about it these days, it is hard to believe the players do.

Don't diss FC Titwank, they have won the Albanian league 39 times in a row.

I think players see the EL as a shopping window.

£35k

Same as in Spain then. LB isn't a big ticket position unless you're Ashley Cole and crash your car if you're only paid 50k, so I don't think José Enrique can't get significantly more.

£35k

Same as in Spain then. LB isn't a big ticket position unless you're Ashley Cole and crash your car if you're only paid 50k, so I don't think José Enrique can't get significantly more.

Just of interest was is Dani Alves on/being offered?

That Riise wage slip showed him on exactly £30k/week before tax and NI.

Sorry, I meant gross, like the rest of us plebs (possibly the only thing they have in common with us). Before tax. Tis late. Beers taken. Etc etc.

£35k

See post above.

"Oooh, the glamour, I get to play against FC Titwank (Albania) on a Thursday night in front of 21,000". Don't get me wrong, they should do, but managers, directors and (largely) fans don't give a s*** about it these days, it is hard to believe the players do.

I genuinely don't.

I appreciate that it is hard for a Barcelona fan to get their head around this (*wink*) but you have to experience the Europa League as a fan to fully understand the sheer, crashing, depressing pointlessness of it.

Most decent players don't even play in it - we used to give the likes of Isaiah Osbourne and Moustafa Salifou a run out in it, and we're hardly Arsenal when it comes to squad rotation.

I genuinely don't.

I appreciate that it is hard for a Barcelona fan to get their head around this (*wink*) but you have to experience the Europa League as a fan to fully understand the sheer, crashing, depressing pointlessness of it.

Most decent players don't even play in it - we used to give the likes of Isaiah Osbourne and Moustafa Salifou a run out in it, and we're hardly Arsenal when it comes to squad rotation.

it's since they brought in the stupid league element. was much better with a 2-legged knockout.

and re who played for you, wasn't that down to o'neill and really how it's treat by most. admittedly though most teams wouldn't play full strenght but he went further still.

I genuinely don't.

UEFA as much as anyone to blame for the sorry state of the competition. Just make it straight two leg knock out FFS. Really, really annoys me.

£35k

Just of interest was is Dani Alves on/being offered?

We are offering him €5m net basic wage plus some bonuses/side commercial contracts to take him close to €8m (which is what he's asking for). IIRC he's on €4,5m net.

I genuinely don't.

it's since they brought in the stupid league element. was much better with a 2-legged knockout.

They should have just left it as the UEFA Cup, both in format and name.

Even the league stages aren't a proper "league", as you don't play each of the other teams both home and away. It really is pointless. Such a shame.

I genuinely don't.

Even the league stages aren't a proper "league", as you don't play each of the other teams both home and away. It really is pointless. Such a shame.

You do since it turned into Europa League.

I genuinely don't.

UEFA as much as anyone to blame for the sorry state of the competition. Just make it straight two leg knock out FFS. Really, really annoys me.

I'd say UEFA are absolutely entirely to blame.

I agree on the knock out thing.

Mind you, I'm a traditionalist, I loathe all this "Champions" League bollocks, which includes teams who finished fourth in their league, and till last year, Liverpool, who haven't been domestic "Champions" for two entire decades.

The whole thing is a depressing charade trotted out for television networks, and symbolises everything which is wrong with the modern game.

The predictability of it all just renders it entirely meaningless. There really is a limit to how many times I want to watch Chelsea - Barcelona or Man United - Roma before i throw the telly out of the window.

I genuinely don't.

No you don't.

Yes you do. I watched all of Rosenborgs games this season.

I genuinely don't.

No you don't.

You definitely although its unnecessary meaning means noone pays attention.

I genuinely don't.

No you don't.

Post retracted.

It is still fucking pointless, though.

I genuinely don't.

Mind you, I'm a traditionalist, I loathe all this "Champions" League bollocks, which includes teams who finished fourth in their league, and till last year, Liverpool, who haven't been domestic "Champions" for two entire decades.

The whole thing is a depressing charade trotted out for television networks, and symbolises everything which is wrong with the modern game.

The predictability of it all just renders it entirely meaningless. There really is a limit to how many times I want to watch Chelsea - Barcelona or Man United - Roma before i throw the telly out of the window.

Couldn't agree more although I do like watching the CL. I'd have it top 2, still a league format, everyone else in the UEFA and what do you know the UEFA Cup is as popular as the CL again.

I genuinely don't.

No you don't.

Post retracted.

It is still fucking pointless, though.

Aye, not saying it isn't. As I said, even Rosenborg seemed to not really have a proper go after our season ended and the players just seemed to want to go on their holidays.

I genuinely don't.

Couldn't agree more although I do like watching the CL. I'd have it top 2, still a league format, everyone else in the UEFA and what do you know the UEFA Cup is as popular as the CL again.

I'd have it league winner and cup winner tbh, then everybody else in the UEFA.