José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I would argue that Enrique has the potential to be as good in his position as Ben Arfa does in his own.

Not a chance in hell my friend. You can eg see this video on the tube: Hatem Ben Arfa 2010 Compilation du Prodige  where he eases pass three liverpool players like knife through butter and at that time Pool was one of the best defensive team in Europe. Enrique has good potential, but he lacks a better offensive technique to be the HBA of left backs. HBA has a touch and an acceleration few others have. Not even Messi have the same speed the first few yards. Although the latter has better balance when in full sprint

Guest Roger Kint
I'm still all for putting a cap on wages though and restricting massive wages being dished out, i think highest earner should be on no more the 70k a week tops.

Even that is too much at this time, considering HBA is on around £50k i would imagine, that should be our limit.

Guest TrueToon

I am really surprised that the NO-Hate Campaign against him hasn't started yet because he hasn't pledged the rest of his life to the club......

:lol: True

Can you  shshhh all the knee jerk reaction now.....

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110218/enrique-clarifies-comments_2281670_2296853

He said: "I had a good chat with a Spanish journalist about how things were going this season. I told him we're having a good season and how I've been enjoying the games, playing well and focussing on the good year I am having at the club. We are ambitious and, like all the players here, we want to play at the highest level we can.

"Newcastle is a great club with some excellent players and I hope we can kick on and continue to progress.

"From this interview, two or three lines have now appeared in the English papers, and because they are totally out of context with the rest of the interview, I am very disappointed at being portrayed in this manner."

Enrique added: "The position with my contract has always been clear and both myself and the manager have talked about it openly.

"I would like to ensure that we have secured Premier League status for next season before we discuss a new deal. It is natural for me, as it is for every player, to want to play at the top level."

Guest neesy111

Remind me again why he wouldn't just sign a new deal now with a sensible relegation release clause?  :undecided:

Because he would be in a contract still, ever heard of the Bosman ruling. ???