José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Roger Kint

Been posted a few times already. Including a translation from a Spanish speaker.

I think Jose's clutching at straws a bit tbh. Sure, the English press made what he said sound a bit worse (shock, horror) but he wasn't particularly misquoted IMO.

Totally agree tbh he is using the fact that the majority of fans wont have read the full version.

Guest toonarmymia

Been posted a few times already. Including a translation from a Spanish speaker.

I think Jose's clutching at straws a bit tbh. Sure, the English press made what he said sound a bit worse (shock, horror) but he wasn't particularly misquoted IMO.

ungrateful kernts ;-)

however, the headline of “Enrique: Get Me Out of Toon” and the quote "'I’m OK at Newcastle but I aspire to more' are bollocks

not saying he does/doesnt want to leave, just helps if they quote in correct context / translation

however, the club probably shat themselves when they realised he'd given an interview without their knowing (like the twitter thing)

Totally agree tbh he is using the fact that the majority of fans wont have read the full version.

the position is exactly the same as even before the maqrca story.

he'll leave if he gets a better offer from a team more likely to be challenging for honours. if we strengthen in the summer and the offer from others isn't forthcoming then theres a good chance he'll stay.

Guest Roger Kint

ungrateful kernts ;-)

however, the headline of “Enrique: Get Me Out of Toon” and the quote "'I’m OK at Newcastle but I aspire to more' are bollocks

not saying he does/doesnt want to leave, just helps if they quote in correct context / translation

however, the club probably shat themselves when they realised he'd given an interview without their knowing (like the twitter thing)

Clearing up that, the thread title is hardly a signifigant change to what he said is it? There are hundreds of things in my life that are OK but i still aspire to more, its human nature ffs(dont tell wor lass mind.......)

ungrateful kernts ;-)

Clearing up that, the thread title is hardly a signifigant change to what he said is it? There are hundreds of things in my life that are OK but i still aspire to more, its human nature ffs(dont tell wor lass mind.......)

yeah cos your the pinnacle of achievment for her ?

Guest toonarmymia

ungrateful kernts ;-)

ungrateful kernts ;-)

I suppose not, but the Sun headline is bollocks as always. typical tabloid pasting quotes around to fit context. wouldnt be surprised with him leaving in summer and wouldnt blame him either. at least he stuck with us for last two season when we really needed him

Mums the word as far as your lass goes....

Guest Roger Kint

ungrateful kernts ;-)

Of course not, but while Cheryl Cole draws breath........

Guest toonarmymia

ungrateful kernts ;-)

Of course not, but while Cheryl Cole draws breath........

Roger Kint's Lass "Get me out of this Toon"

The issue isn't about whther Jose's happy here, of course he is, he's playing every week in the premiership, on big money and he's adored by the fans.

Nor is the issue about whether he aspire's for more. Again, of course he aspire's for more, don't we all?

The real question is whether this "aspiration" is big enough for him to want to leave and i'm sure their will be some juicy offers for him in the summer. Again it's down to the club to convince a player that we match his ambitions. We all have serious doubts about this regime, clearly Jose does too.

The owners haven't got to simply convince the fans but the players too.

The issue isn't about whther Jose's happy here, of course he is, he's playing every week in the premiership, on big money and he's adored by the fans.

Nor is the issue about whether he aspire's for more. Again, of course he aspire's for more, don't we all?

The real question is whether this "aspiration" is big enough for him to want to leave and i'm sure their will be some juicy offers for him in the summer. Again it's down to the club to convince a player that we match his ambitions. We all have serious doubts about this regime, clearly Jose does too.

how do we convince that we will be in the champs league in a seasons time ?

Agreed, good post.

We don't have to convince him that we'll be in the Champions Leauge in a seasons time, we need to convince him and the other good players that we have ambition.  If they are happy here and think we're going places then they'll stop rather than risking going somewhere where they might be happy.

His aims, like most footballers, will be too play in the champions league, win trophies and play for their national team. That's no shock and we want players like that.

How do we convince him? The same way every other club does.. sign better players, spend more money, show more ambition. I'm not cliaiming it to be easy, nor realistic but we have to at least be seen to be doing the right things. 

We don't have to convince him that we'll be in the Champions Leauge in a seasons time, we need to convince him and the other good players that we have ambition.  If they are happy here and think we're going places then they'll stop rather than risking going somewhere where they might be happy.

i'd doubt he'd stay if the ambition was to reach the europa, it has to be champs league and i'm not sure how we can realistically convince him of that. we could convince him we are headed in a better direction by making good signings in the summer.

His aims, like most footballers, will be too play in the champions league, win trophies and play for their national team. That's no shock and we want players like that.

How do we convince him? The same way every other club does.. sign better players, spend more money, show more ambition. I'm not cliaiming it to be easy, nor realistic but we have to at least be seen to be doing the right things. 

more money ? does that include more debt to ashley or spend everything we bring in.

i'd doubt he'd stay if the ambition was to reach the europa, it has to be champs league and i'm not sure how we can realistically convince him of that. we could convince him we are headed in a better direction by making good signings in the summer.

One of the names mentioned was Villa, they have less chance than us of reaching Europe.

One of the names mentioned was Villa, they have less chance than us of reaching Europe.

thats why i'd very much doubt he'd actually go there unless they continue the bent like spending.

its surprising how much difference oversized wages can make

I don't see how we realistically convince Enrique that we'll be playing in the Champions League before the end of his career period.

It's a matter of whether we can get him to stay an extra season or two. With his abilities he's inevitably going to have to move on at some point and I guess that's why I'm not suicidal about the idea of him leaving this summer.

I am fairly confident if we showed that we were going to spend the Carroll money on quality players and we mean to have a serious assault on Europe next season, most of our players including Enrique would want to be part of it.

I am fairly confident if we showed that we were going to spend the Carroll money on quality players and we mean to have a serious assault on Europe next season, most of our players including Enrique would want to be part of it.

At risk of being called a "delusional Newcastle fan" we're only a bit of bad luck and a few injuries away from achieving that in our first season back in the big league. Money well spent and strong management could see us getting there next season.

Call me cynical but could it not be the case that Jose realises now he can double his money at another club rather than having to sign a new deal on a potentially lower weekly wage?

In practice very few players are going to sign deals on lower money when they realise there's a queue of other clubs who would gladly throw a bit of extra cash their way.

The idea of "aspiring to more" is just a smokescreen most of the time for wanting more money.

Call me cynical but could it not be the case that Jose realises now he can double his money at another club

More than likely but after AC got portrayed as a money grabbing c*** its better to say you want CL football than ask for the going rate.